Limit to checking drinks & snacks?

cruisincup

OK - I've read quite a bit about people checking snacks inside rolling coolers and slapping luggage tags on cases of water and pop (great ideas). My question is (and I probably missed this detail somewhere) - is there a limit to how much pop and water you can bring on board and also how much of it you can put a luggage tag on and check?

Thank you!

Even though Royal Caribbean says no, i have slapped a luggage tag on a 12 pack of soda and left it with my luggage on the docks and it did show up at my room. So i think it's worth a shot to at least give it a try. Worst case scenario your out a 12 pack of soda.

Carnival does not allow you to do this. The porters first started to refuse the drinks that lazy people (good idea only if you are a pax, not a porter).

Now Carnival says 12 nonalchoholic drinks IN YOUR CARRY ON ONLY.

If you dont want them bad enough to carry them on .. buy a soda card. If you choose to try and smuggle them by the porters, by tipping big and they dont make it to your cabin, you cant come whining later.

It is not allowed. Carry on only, same as the one bottle of wine which is also carry on only.

Even though Royal Caribbean says no, i have slapped a luggage tag on a 12 pack of soda and left it with my luggage on the docks and it did show up at my room. So i think it's worth a shot to at least give it a try. Worst case scenario your out a 12 pack of soda.

Its this kind of thinking that got the rules changed on Carnival.

Stick it in something and carry it on, rather than have RCL tighten down too.

RCL also does not allow it.. but sometimes it gets thru by tipping a porter. Do realize the porter you tip is not the one taking it onto the ship .. so a tip often is no help.

Cruiselines want to sell you drinks, not have you smuggle them in and then you expect the porters to do it for you?

I have heard of Carnival porters making someone remove all the drinks before accepting the suitcases for checkin. The pax was left there trying to figure out how to carry all those drinks they hadnt planned on carrying on. Makes me smile when folks wouldnt follow rules and then post they got caught. Too bad, so sad, quite being so lazy.

Carnival does not allow you to do this. The porters first started to refuse the drinks that lazy people (good idea only if you are a pax, not a porter).

Now Carnival says 12 nonalchoholic drinks IN YOUR CARRY ON ONLY.

If you dont want them bad enough to carry them on .. buy a soda card. If you choose to try and smuggle them by the porters, by tipping big and they dont make it to your cabin, you cant come whining later.

It is not allowed. Carry on only, same as the one bottle of wine which is also carry on only.

On our Carnival cruise last subber, they opened both mine and my wife's carryon to and verified we each had only one bottle of wine and 12 of fewer sodas.

We did bring snacks last year when we cruised because we had our small kids with us so we needed stuff for them- goldfish, pb crackers, raisins, etc. so sometimes there is a reason for bringing food- it's also good for excursions to have a snack...

Disney cruise line is great about letting you bring drinks aboard. As long as it is in your carry on you can bring it. Soda is also free on DCL so there is no need to bring it on board. We threw a case of beer in our carry on and put it in the room fridge when we arrived. It was nice to have a cold beer in the afternoon sun.

IMO - you pay so much more for a DCL cruise that they are more flexible.

If I'm sailing on Carnival and have 2 large bottles of juice (a specific juice I need for my diet) and about 12 diet pepsis in my suitcase - are they going to know or object to me bringing this on? Will the airlines know or take it away?

Anyone know this? This will seriously influence my decision on whether or not I book a cruise and/or any with air travel.

If I'm sailing on Carnival and have 2 large bottles of juice (a specific juice I need for my diet) and about 12 diet pepsis in my suitcase - are they going to know or object to me bringing this on? Will the airlines know or take it away?

Anyone know this? This will seriously influence my decision on whether or not I book a cruise and/or any with air travel.

The beverages must be in your carryon, not your checked luggage when boarding the ship. Of course, this is just the reverse of the airline rules.

I think the beverage amount you list would exceed the rules. It would then all depend on the screener you happen to get and their mood that day

The beverages must be in your carryon, not your checked luggage when boarding the ship. Of course, this is just the reverse of the airline rules.

I think the beverage amount you list would exceed the rules. It would then all depend on the screener you happen to get and their mood that day

If I call Carnival before I book the cruise and ask them will they specifically tell me if they are going to take them away or not? I can go without the diet pepsis (those can be bought or got anywhere) but not the 2 bottles of juice. I have to have the juice. I can't risk have them take it away right before I get on the ship.

Disembarking the final day I don't care as I won't need it then.

Beer is so expensive on ship. I am wondering if anyone has put a case of canned beer in their carry on with Carnival? It would be nice to save the $100 if possible.

We were on Carnival in July and they searched our carryons throughly. We each had a bottle of wine and a six pack of soda, so we were ok.

On our last Carnival cruise and Princess cruise we brought a 12 pack of of beer in cans in our carry on as well as a box of wine and pepsi. We had no problems, but they did open my 23 yr old son's bottle of gatorade and smelled it. It seems like it is hit or miss with what they take.

On our last Carnival cruise and Princess cruise we brought a 12 pack of of beer in cans in our carry on as well as a box of wine and pepsi. We had no problems, but they did open my 23 yr old son's bottle of gatorade and smelled it. It seems like it is hit or miss with what they take.

This is the most important statement here.

People all wonder how to hide, sneak and smuggle booze and wine onboard.

BOTTOM line, just like everything else in security is it's all LUCK OF THE DRAW.

Will your bags go by when the security guard get's a text from his girlfriend? If so, you WIN and pass go.

Is the guard new on the job and REALLY watching the scanners? If so, you LOOSE.

People pack stuff in boxes, wrapped in towels, etc. It does NOT matter, it's all whether the guard is intently watching the screen when your bag goes by. Period!

Archived