That's weird on documents...

tracyd1014

We're booked on the NB Island Princess for June 20 and twice I have put in our passport numbers and now when I go to the website it shows our documents are incomplete again. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself by doing it so early (not that I am excited or anything). Anyone have any answers?

No such thing as too early to fill in your Personalizer. Are you clicking "Save & Continue"? You can always call 800-princess and give them your information. Mine self-populates as my name, address, phone and passport info is in their system.

Did you put in a credit card?

We're booked on the NB Island Princess for June 20 and twice I have put in our passport numbers and now when I go to the website it shows our documents are incomplete again. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself by doing it so early (not that I am excited or anything). Anyone have any answers?

You need to put in all the required information before it becomes complete. Not only your passports, but emergency contacts and credit card info.

This happened to us also on our Island cruise in Dec. As I recall, the cruise personalizer had all our information as complete but other emails showed incomplete.By the time I printed off our luggage tags everything was fine.

You need to put in all the required information before it becomes complete. Not only your passports, but emergency contacts and credit card info.

I agree Pia. Mine shows incomplete because my credit card will expire before our cruise date. Once it is renewed, I will be able to enter it and be "complete";)

I also had to re-enter my emergency contact. Not sure why that disappeared!

I agree Pia. Mine shows incomplete because my credit card will expire before our cruise date. Once it is renewed, I will be able to enter it and be "complete";)

I also had to re-enter my emergency contact. Not sure why that disappeared!

Once they have the passport info in there, it should stay permanently (at least until next expiration) and you won't have to enter that info again.

Does your passport have six months on it before it expires re the end of your cruise?

X2

For some reason Princess sets this rule even though it doesn't necessarily apply. We cruised to the UK a couple years ago and ran into this problem. I would enter my passport details and it wouldn't accept it. A quick call to Princess confirmed the reason (even though the UK doesn't have this restriction).

I'd call Princess to see what the issue is.

For some reason Princess sets this rule even though it doesn't necessarily apply. We cruised to the UK a couple years ago and ran into this problem. I would enter my passport details and it wouldn't accept it. A quick call to Princess confirmed the reason (even though the UK doesn't have this restriction).
Every cruiseline and tour company I've used has had the six month rule. It is required by some countries so for simplicity, it's made the rule across the board. Neither Princess, other cruiselines nor tour companies give all the passport requirements for every country for every nationality. That would be a logistical nightmare.

Every cruiseline and tour company I've used has had the six month rule. It is required by some countries so for simplicity, it's made the rule across the board. Neither Princess, other cruiselines nor tour companies give all the passport requirements for every country for every nationality. That would be a logistical nightmare.

That is interesting. I sailed in August (granted it was Alaska) and my passport expired Jan 12, 12. I had no issues entering into the personalizer.

I'm 99% sure it's the credit card. It will not say "complete" unless the credit card is entered.:rolleyes:

Not quite correct. Cruise Personalizer for my Feb 2013 cruise self populated my passport info. I haven't yet entered a credit card number.

I'm 99% sure it's the credit card. It will not say "complete" unless the credit card is entered.:rolleyes:

Not correct.

Cruise Personalizer for my May Alaska cruise accepted and displays my passport info, but I haven't yet entered a credit card.

For our Emerald cruise last November, my passport expired 4.5 months later in March 2012. No problems entering that information in My Personalizer .... or anywhere in any port.

Archived