First time in Freeport

alexney

Does anyone know if that $20 pp thing they had at the Radisson Grand Lucayan is still available? We are planning on doing that but would put my mind at ease to know this before hand...lol THX

They did last year, think so from other posts here.

Ok, so here's the scoop. At the port you can indeed take the taxi for $5 pp. As people have said you cannot walk this.

The market place is fun so spend some time there and check out the marina.

The free beach that is accessed beside the Police station really isn't much to see...skip this.

I did email the Radisson and have pasted the information below. We unfortunately didn't do this...wasted day, but hey, we were in Freeport!

Thanks for your email. Day passes are sold from our booth on Retail Street - $15 for adults and $7.50 for children 12 and under. Please bring your beach towels as this price will allow you access to our pool and beach facilities and a lounge chair for each paying guest.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if that $20 pp thing they had at the Radisson Grand Lucayan is still available? We are planning on doing that but would put my mind at ease to know this before hand...lol THX

I received an email confirmation on Monday that it was $10 per person.

• 2 weeks later...
One more thing. The van is in good shape and air conditioned. I believe the max is 11 people. If you book the tour at the port the guys selling it will tell you it is 3 hours, however as soon as we got into the van Geo said the tour is 4 -41/2 hrs He was ours for the day and if we wanted to change the tour in anyway let him know as long as the group agreed you could go wherever you wanted and see whatever you wanted and stay for as long as you wanted at the stops. Very flexable

Could you add my email to the endless list you seem to have started? ekreamelmeyer@hrtc.net

Thanks, & when you mentioned the guys at the port - we there a lot of choices? I haven't been to Freeport in years, & we assumed that there would be, but don't want to dissappoint the first time cruisers that will be with us.

Thanks again!!

• 3 weeks later...

I did email the Radisson and have pasted the information below. We unfortunately didn't do this...wasted day, but hey, we were in Freeport!

Thanks for your email. Day passes are sold from our booth on Retail Street - $15 for adults and $7.50 for children 12 and under. Please bring your beach towels as this price will allow you access to our pool and beach facilities and a lounge chair for each paying guest.

This may be a silly question, but could you possibly tell me the email addy for the Radisson or where I can find it? I'm interested in doing the day pass thing when i'm in Freeport in September and would like to contact them. Thanks!

There seems to be conflicting info about the Radisson and their day charge. There's another thread here that says $15. Someone else said that the hotel told them that if you're on Carnival, you have to book through them. But how would the guy selling the ticket at the hotel know unless you told him that?

Can anyone provide any clarification?

I'm not sailing until November. Perhaps the fee changes for different peak times.

I'm on a B2B and will be solo on Leg 1. We're going to do the Von Humboldt sailing on Leg 2, so I wanted a quiet, relaxing (less expensive) day for Leg 1 and thought the Radisson sounded like it would might be a good choice.

The prices do change seasonally... and the guy selling passes won't know where you came from unless you flash your Carnival beach towel, but at that point I don't think he'd care. :)

If you want quiet and relaxing though, you should look into Paradise Cove. It's the opposite direction from Port Lucaya and about as quiet as you're going to get... plus it has the best beach snorkeling on the island. Even if you aren't interested in the reef, the $35 package with transportation is a good deal... especially if you consider your destination's prices. At the Radisson, drinks and a bite to eat will empty your wallet quickly! :cool:

Here is the email I got from them. Hope it helps.

• 1 month later...

Archived