Question !!

louva

Well really 2 questions. Were going to the caribbean and the ship doesn't give out towels. What can you do for a towel? Besides dance that is lol Also once you board how long does it take to get your room? If we board at 2 are we going to walk around for hours with our stuff?

:rolleyes:

Well really 2 questions. Were going to the caribbean and the ship doesn't give out towels. What can you do for a towel? Besides dance that is lol Also once you board how long does it take to get your room? If we board at 2 are we going to walk around for hours with our stuff?

celebrity should give towels.. you mean beach towels right???

all of our cruises they gave us towels for the shore, but you do have to return them or else they charge you like 25$ a towel..

they will take all your luggage for you once you check in,

when you get on the ship, you will just have whatever you want to carry like a purse, or whatever,

usually once you board the rooms are ready..

only a few times, ours werent ready so we went to the buffet and ate lunch then they were ready,

Celebrity doesn't give you towels? That seems bizarre. Are you sure about that?

If you board at 2:00 your room should be ready or close to it. Check your bags with the porter and just carry on a day bag so you don't ahve to lug it all around with you.

Celebrity will give each person in your stateroom one beach towel for use in port. When you return you can leave them in your stateroom and your steward will replace with clean ones. There will also be towels for use at the pools on board, and unlike some other lines, Celebrity does not make you check them out.

Rooms are generally ready by 1:00PM, give or take. Enjoy!

Celebrity DOES give towels for the beach. I have no idea where you were told that you don't get towels. They are very nice light yellow ones with the name "Celebrity" in dark blue. They are perfect for the beach as they fit into beach bags easily. The towels will be in your cabin.

To arrive at 2pm is really a little late. Most people begin to arrive for a Celebrity cruise at 11am. If you arrive at 2, you can go directly to your cabin, as they open up at around 1. It should take around 30 minutes from stepping off your transportation to the time you step onto the ship. Plus, you don't have to carry ALL you things. You check your large bags with the porters and just have your carry on with you. You cannot board the ship with all your bags as they all have to be security checked before they are loaded on the ship. You must be ON the ship no later than 90 minutes before sailing. If not, you won't be allowed to board the ship.

Thanks for all you help everyone !We called Celebrity and they said they don't give out towels. I was thinking that was a little different. If you board the ship at 2pm what time should you get there?

Beach/Pool towels ARE provided, by Celebrity and ALL of the mainstream and luxury cruiselines!

Since boarding day IS day 1, we arrive around 11-12....might as well get the most use from the ship as possible...you've paid for it!

Yes, Celebrity will give out towels, but I think it's just an assumption that the OP is going on Celebrity, but I have NEVER been on any line that did not provide towels for you to use if you were going to a beach. And yes...arriving around w is "a little late" but that's around when we prefer to arrive. There usually is no waiting, no lines, you just walk on and cabins are ready. Personally, I see NO REASON to arrive at 11:30/12, sit and wait, get a number and wait, wait, wait, stand in lines, get on, and have to keep your hand luggage with you as cabins are not ready. Buffet luncheon is pretty always served until around 4, so it's not like you're gonna' starve because there is nothing to eat until dinner! Last year we got to the ship around 3 for a 5PM departure, and embarkation was SOOOO effortless, I felt like a VIP! From arrival to being on the ship, I think it took us about 3 minutes.

Yes, Celebrity will give out towels, but I think it's just an assumption that the OP is going on Celebrity, but I have NEVER been on any line that did not provide towels for you to use if you were going to a beach.

No assumptions necessary. The OP's countdown shows they are sailing on Celebrity and their second post in this thread states:

Thanks for all you help everyone !We called Celebrity and they said they don't give out towels. I was thinking that was a little different. If you board the ship at 2pm what time should you get there?

OP- Do not trust what the phone reps at Celebrity tell you! Call three times and you may get three different answers. You most definitely are provided towels both for taking ashore and for use at the pools and hot tubs on board.

Celebrity's not giving out towels?:eek: Wow! I've heard about some of the cutbacks that different cruise lines have implemented, but that seems a little extreme! What do you do after taking a shower, shake it off like a dog?:eek::D

Yes, Celebrity will give out towels, but I think it's just an assumption that the OP is going on Celebrity,

<snip>

OP's Countdown clock at the post indicates they are sailing Celebrity Summit in March 2012.

We are going on Celebrity in March. So excited. Thanks to you all for your help. Not sure how I would fit my beach towel in my case when we can only have 50 LBS. I am sure I will have a ton of questions before we leave. I hope you all will put up with me. :o

I am sure this is bad information. Celebrity, and every cruise line I have ever been on does give out towels. Beach towels will be in your cabin and replaced as needed.

We usually arrive around noon partly because that is hotel check out time. I have heard that later will be less lines, but we've never tried it. By two your room will probably be ready; usually it's ready at one, but if not, just have your small bags with you; let the porters take your large bags.

Do be absolutely sure what the latest boarding time is because you do have to be on board some certain set time before sailing (1.5 hours?) due to government regulations. If the ship sails at 4, for instance, you need to be on board at 2:30, so just be aware of that.

OP's Countdown clock at the post indicates they are sailing Celebrity Summit in March 2012.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has User CP options set to not show any extras. I don't see countdown clocks, cruise lists, photos, etc.

That's why I think it's a nice idea to include the cruise line/ship within the question title or text.

louva: A suggestion, if I may. You will likely get more responses if your thread title is more specific. Sometimes members just skip by threads that have very generic titles.

I can't imagine that Celebrity has stopped giving out towels for beach and onshore use.

beachchick

Archived