Impatiently waiting . . .

lawyerrose

WELL WELL WELL.........all is well, checked last night for the last time...10pm, and low and behold...a small upgrade from upper promadade HH obstructed view, to a Main C (1070) nice view...its a small upgrade but thankful to get it..

So for those still waiting...there is hope...all you have to do is threaten to share a room with the captain ;)

Flying into to Fort Lauderdale today, then off on our cruise Sat...

Bon Voyage to all the curisers leaving this week-end :D

...a small upgrade from upper promadade HH obstructed view, to a Main C (1070) nice view...its a small upgrade but thankful to get it..
That's eight steps ... not a "small" upgrade IMO! Congratulations!

Also has anyone styaed on a C catagory on the main deck?? PROS and CONS would be welcomed...:D

DD and DSiL have. Pro: very convenient location. Con: too much foot traffic past their door.

WELL WELL WELL.........all is well, checked last night for the last time...10pm, and low and behold...a small upgrade from upper promadade HH obstructed view, to a Main C (1070) nice view...its a small upgrade but thankful to get it..

So for those still waiting...there is hope...all you have to do is threaten to share a room with the captain ;)

Agree with JTL, that is not a small upgrade.

You actually went from the lowest to the highest Oceanview that is actually an amazing upgrade :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

YIPPEE!! Have a wonderful time!!

That's a really nice upgrade!

Have a nice cruise.:D

HH to a C!!! That's Fabulous!!! I'd be dancing and take that in a heartbeat!

Have a great cruise. We probably won't hear for over a month so I have a lot of waiting still, but whatever it is I always feel like royalty when I get on the ship! m--

That's just it. HAL does already know if you'd accept an upgrade, and there's no need for them to contact you. Giving people the idea that HAL is going to be calling them to offer a free upgrade sounds misleading to me.

My experience with HAL offering upgrades has been that they have always called to see if I want to accept the upgrade they are offering, based on location, deck, etc. And, yes, I always check that upgrades are acceptable.

My experience with HAL offering upgrades has been that they have always called to see if I want to accept the upgrade they are offering, ...
In 8 guarantees they have never called us to "offer" a free upgrade, they have simply done it, every time. The one time we got a call it was for an upsell.

My experience with HAL offering upgrades has been that they have always called to see if I want to accept the upgrade they are offering, based on location, deck, etc. And, yes, I always check that upgrades are acceptable.

That's an upsell, not a free upgrade.

That's strange..... and I am talking about upGRADE not upSELL. Perhaps they have changed their policy since we received the upgrade.
Our 8 upgrades go back to 2002. Perhaps yours was because you had chosen a specific cabin, not a guarantee. I know of one case where that happened.

Also, we were once moved to another cabin from the one we had chosen without asking our approval, but that was a horizontal move, not an upgrade.

Didn't have room assignment this am with 3 days remaining. This afternoon sis got an email asking if we wanted to upgrade from Guarantee SZ for $199pp. We took it and got our room assignment immediately. We are in an SA and can't wait for Sunday! Good luck to all.

Didn't have room assignment this am with 3 days remaining. This afternoon sis got an email asking if we wanted to upgrade from Guarantee SZ for $199pp. We took it and got our room assignment immediately. We are in an SA and can't wait for Sunday! Good luck to all.

Well, that was certainly worth waiting for :D:D Nice upsell. enjoy your cruise:D

Two people on my roll call have gotten their assignments. After 4 x's checking today, still nothing.:(:cool: I'll probably only check 2 or 3 more times tonight. After all, Seattle is on Pacific time, right?:p
We have gotten assignments on a Saturday once and a Sunday once, so you can't take a break from checking over the weekend either! :D

Most of our assignments have shown up between 7:00p and 8:00p Eastern, so you need not stay up late checking. :p

Yes, Seattle is Pacific time.

I'm still waiting for my assigned cabin...We sail March 3. We are booked VF guarantee. This is our first cruise, I'm just anxious to see where they put us!:D

Just got our cabin assignment...

We were upgraded from a VH guar. to VA 6177...it's on the Aft (if that's the right terminology). :rolleyes:

OK, I just got a message from HAL that my BB guarantee got assigned as BQ120. I'm not sure what a BQ room is??? Is that higher than a BB?

Plus, this room is a connecting room to the one next door, which I think is odd and bothers me a little since I know sound travels easily in those connecting rooms. If I don't like this room, is there anything I can do?? Should I do anything??

Oh, P.S., I'm also wondering if they allow smoking on their verandas b/c I enjoy the occasional cigar?

OK, I just got a message from HAL that my BB guarantee got assigned as BQ120. I'm not sure what a BQ room is??? Is that higher than a BB?

Plus, this room is a connecting room to the one next door, which I think is odd and bothers me a little since I know sound travels easily in those connecting rooms. If I don't like this room, is there anything I can do?? Should I do anything??

Yes in HAL's eyes the BQ is higher than a BB. Same kind of cabin except it is near the forward elevators/stairs making it close to the spa. It technically is a Spa cabin.

I have been in a couple of cabins that had the connecting doors and never once have we heard any noise from the other side. The only thing that it does is take up wall space and in a few cabins gave a bit less closet space.

Now what you can do is ask HAL to place you back in the guarantee pool, if booked with a TA this request has to be done in writing either email or a faxed letter for this request. Although be aware that you could end up with a cabin right next door to what you had. You also cannot do it a 2nd time.

Yes in HAL's eyes the BQ is higher than a BB. Same kind of cabin except it is near the forward elevators/stairs making it close to the spa. It technically is a Spa cabin.

I have been in a couple of cabins that had the connecting doors and never once have we heard any noise from the other side. The only thing that it does is take up wall space and in a few cabins gave a bit less closet space.

Now what you can do is ask HAL to place you back in the guarantee pool, if booked with a TA this request has to be done in writing either email or a faxed letter for this request. Although be aware that you could end up with a cabin right next door to what you had. You also cannot do it a 2nd time.

Thanks. I wouldn't change it except that they couldn't tell me whether I could enjoy my cigar on a BQ balcony. I booked it directly thru HAL.

Thanks. I wouldn't change it except that they couldn't tell me whether I could enjoy my cigar on a BQ balcony. I booked it directly thru HAL.

You can definitely smoke on your balcony. There is a nice bar and spot on the Lido to smoke cigars:D

Archived