Impatiently waiting . . .

lawyerrose

OK, I just got a message from HAL that my BB guarantee got assigned as BQ120. I'm not sure what a BQ room is??? Is that higher than a BB?

Plus, this room is a connecting room to the one next door, which I think is odd and bothers me a little since I know sound travels easily in those connecting rooms. If I don't like this room, is there anything I can do?? Should I do anything??

Oh, P.S., I'm also wondering if they allow smoking on their verandas b/c I enjoy the occasional cigar?

Just curious...if you're so concerned about what cabin you do or do not have, why did you not choose a specific cabin? To avoid the angst?

When booking a cruise, I pour over the deck plans and choose the stateroom I think would be perfect on whichever ship we are sailing...and we're done!

I can tell you why I booked a guarantee. I saved $2,000 over the price I would have had to pay for the cabin I received. Is it nerve racking? Yes. It's like playing the lottery except you're always going to win because at the end you're still going on a cruise. This was our first time booking a guarantee but I'll do it again. I'm willing to be happy with whatever cabin I get.

Just curious...if you're so concerned about what cabin you do or do not have, why did you not choose a specific cabin? To avoid the angst?

When booking a cruise, I pour over the deck plans and choose the stateroom I think would be perfect on whichever ship we are sailing...and we're done!

Cuz it was cheaper and the angst was part of the fun!!:rolleyes: Plus, I knew I couldn't get a bad cabin.

OK, I just got a message from HAL that my BB guarantee got assigned as BQ120. I'm not sure what a BQ room is??? Is that higher than a BB?

If you go back a couple of years, before HAL created the idea of "spa" cabins with a few amenitiies, 120 was a BB. So you got a very slight upgrade from the BB Gty. At least the wait is over! :D

Well now it is 3 days before our cruise and still no cabin assignment. I hope this means a great upgrade! We did not get any upsell offers so I guess they have plans for us. Wish us luck!!!

Wow! All the luck in the world! Please tell us what you finally got, ok? Have a great time, wherever you end up!!

Well now it is 3 days before our cruise and still no cabin assignment. I hope this means a great upgrade! We did not get any upsell offers so I guess they have plans for us. Wish us luck!!!

Sometimes your cabin assignment will appear on your Luggage Tags printout before HAL puts the cabin # in your Reservations. Click on the tag printout. It`s worked for me on previous cruises.

Finally recieved our cabin assignment yesterday sy5001. All the way forward and it is handicaped accessable. Did not need that but I have to assume the HAL didn't either. looks like a decent cabin.

Which cruise? what did you book? What ship?

We are still waiting for our stateroom assignment 14 days out.

Booked a guarantee H and hoping for a nice upgrade.

My DMIL would not want the drama,as she likes midship on a certain deck,lol.

As Tom Petty woulds sing,"The waiting is the hardest part".:D

We had BQ101 on our recent Maasdam cruise. It had a connecting door and we never heard a thing from the cabin next door, except the opening and closing of drawers which we generally hear in any cabin including deluxe suites. One thing about BQ cabins is you get a fruit plate every afternoon at 2PM. Also supposedly have exercise mats (ours was under the bed and we didn't use it) , also a desk fountain which was out for repair but we told our steward we didn't want it anyway, and a docking station which we didn't have and wouldn't have used. I especially liked being near the forward elevators as it was a quick trip to getting off at ports. Normally, we are in the aft area of the ship.

We had BQ101 on our recent Maasdam cruise. It had a connecting door and we never heard a thing from the cabin next door, except the opening and closing of drawers which we generally hear in any cabin including deluxe suites. One thing about BQ cabins is you get a fruit plate every afternoon at 2PM. Also supposedly have exercise mats (ours was under the bed and we didn't use it) , also a desk fountain which was out for repair but we told our steward we didn't want it anyway, and a docking station which we didn't have and wouldn't have used. I especially liked being near the forward elevators as it was a quick trip to getting off at ports. Normally, we are in the aft area of the ship.

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to really enjoying this cabin. I love being in a forward cabin. I do hope they have the docking station as it'll be fun to have my own music. I didn't even think about getting off at ports and the advantage there. Nice to know! :)

Archived