Impatiently waiting . . .

lawyerrose

For our cabin to be assigned!! 37 days now and I know it's probably too early to check but every morning and every night before I go to sleep I check to see if our cabin number has been assigned yet.

Someone said they liked the anticipation of booking a guarantee and seeing what you get. I kinda get that. But it's also nerve wracking!!! I hope we're not one of those who are still waiting for a cabin number when we check in at Port Everglades!!:eek:

We book guarantees quite frequently. Right now we're waiting for an assignment for our cruise in March. We usually get a stateroom one to two weeks before we cruise.

We too keep checking but we know it's way too early for us to have an assigment. But it's fun to check!!!

God bless,

Lee Ann

We book guarantees quite frequently. Right now we're waiting for an assignment for our cruise in March. We usually get a stateroom one to two weeks before we cruise.

We too keep checking but we know it's way too early for us to have an assigment. But it's fun to check!!!

God bless,

Lee Ann

Hi Lee,

Yes it is!! One to two weeks before the cruise??!! HOW CAN I WAIT THAT LONG???!!!:eek::D:eek:

For our cabin to be assigned!! 37 days now and I know it's probably too early to check ...
We've done 8 guarantees, and all but two of them have been assigned 10 or 11 days out. The other two were 18 days and 3 days, so unless something unusual happens you have about 3.5 more weeks to wait. ;)

We got our cabin yesterday for our February 27th cruise.

Wow! That's really early! We're waiting for our guarantee for May (well, not really "actively" waiting yet...). Good luck, lawyerrose! Anticipation is part of the fun of guarantees, isn't it?! :)

Wow! That's really early! We're waiting for our guarantee for May (well, not really "actively" waiting yet...). Good luck, lawyerrose! Anticipation is part of the fun of guarantees, isn't it?! :)

Yes, it is!! I've done it both ways; booked certain cabins when it mattered to me. Didn't care which cabin on a BB guarantee cuz I figure there's not a bad cabin in that category or up on the Maasdam, so it's win-win!

But I'm soooo impatient!! And excited b/c of the uncertainty. It's sweet torture!:p

We've done 8 guarantees, and all but two of them have been assigned 10 or 11 days out. The other two were 18 days and 3 days, so unless something unusual happens you have about 3.5 more weeks to wait. ;)

3.5 weeks??!!!! NOOOooooooooooooo, Mr. Bill!!!

Oh, question: People who booked guarantees - did you find out your cabin number by an email from HAL or did you find it by going to their site? Or some other way??

I book guar almost every cruise. I do not recall ever receiving an e-mail from HAL, others will tell you they have. Like others have mentioned, most of our cabin assignments have come about 10 days out. We have not as of yet had an assignment given to us at check-in (knock on wood)but there's always a first time.:rolleyes:I must say we have always been pleased with a cabin upgrade at assignment time.:D

Oh, question: People who booked guarantees - did you find out your cabin number by an email from HAL or did you find it by going to their site? Or some other way??
I think we've gotten an email twice, and once a phone call from our TA after he had gotten an email. But in all cases since the OnLine CheckIn has been in effect, we found out by checking ourselves before we got the email or call. :)

Once we got our initial assignment 11 days out and then a very nice re-assignment upgrade at 3 days out. Nobody told us about that, and if I hadn't happened to look we would have found out at the pier. So even after you get your assignment you should still check a few days before you go!

I think we've gotten an email twice, and once a phone call from our TA after he had gotten an email. But in all cases since the OnLine CheckIn has been in effect, we found out by checking ourselves before we got the email or call. :)

Once we got our initial assignment 11 days out and then a very nice re-assignment upgrade at 3 days out. Nobody told us about that, and if I hadn't happened to look we would have found out at the pier. So even after you get your assignment you should still check a few days before you go!

Oh, that's good to know. So my compulsive checking with HAL's online check in isn't for naught. I will keep checking . . . and re-checking. ;)

Waiting..not too patiently... for our assignment for Feb. 18th cruise. First cruise and just want to know where we are on the ship...

Welcome to cruise critic!!! That would be tough on a 1st cruise with no assignment 15 days out. Keep checking the HAL site...and as said lots of assignments happen @ about 10 days out. Rest assured tho...you ARE on the ship!:D ...ENJOY your cruise!

I got my assignment for my next cruise (Feb.19th) on Monday. If I can count properly that was 20 days out:D. I think that one of my earliest. I'd checked in the morning and nothing was there but my TA emailed me at around 4pm (MST). That's the first time she has ever beat me to the punch. I didn't expect it that early. A day later I got an email from HAL. On my last cruise (Eurodam - Sept 20, 2011) my cabin changed 3 times and I never did see an email. The latest I have received an initial cabin assignment was 3 days out.

I found out by going to the HAL site and checking our reservation. We were assigned VD 4127 on Zuiderdam. Any comments on this location would be appreciated.

Check here:

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/Deck-4.html

It looks like your cabin may be similar/the same to 4149 pictured there. (You're relatively close). VH Guarantee? Nice upgrade, if so! Enjoy your cruise and your balcony!

i book guarentees also and am a complusive checker of if its been assigned. sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.

i read on another thread to also go to the print ur luggage option cuz sometimrs the cabin number is there before it appears in the on line check in header. so i was going to do that last wednesday (mind u i already checked a couple of times on wednesday). i got my assignment 18 days out. it was in the header so i don't know if the luggage idea works.

i booked a VE guarentee and recieved VA 7107. i'm happy. i hope every one gets a great cabin.:D

this is our first cruise with HAL. booked a guarantee for the feb. 24 sailing on noordam, and got an email from HAL advising to update our boarding pass which now shows the assigned cabin. i'm happy with our assignment, and wonder if this will change prior to sailing ....we've still got three weeks!

we book guarantees quite frequently. Right now we're waiting for an assignment for our cruise in march. We usually get a stateroom one to two weeks before we cruise.

ditto! :d

Archived