Impatiently waiting . . .

lawyerrose

Never had that happen yet, so can only go by my own experience. Wonder why they would give you the option to say "no upgrades" if they simply ignore that request. I would be mightily PO'd if I got upgraded without agreeing to it after having carefully picked out my cabin a year ahead.

I was! I was ready to pick up the phone and scream bloody murder at Seattle! At least until I checked the deckplans.

I went from an outside on the Prinsendam's Dolphin Deck to an A-category on (I forget which) deck. Both cabins were just aft of the forward elevator, so that was all right. The problem was I went from a shower to a tub cabin. (Prinsendam cabins alternate tubs and showers.) Not good.

But that veranda was so worth all the difficulty climbing in and out of that tub!

Never had that happen yet, so can only go by my own experience. Wonder why they would give you the option to say "no upgrades" if they simply ignore that request. I would be mightily PO'd if I got upgraded without agreeing to it after having carefully picked out my cabin a year ahead.
I believe it's buried in the fine print somewhere that HAL reserves the right to put you anywhere they please, regardless of whether you've said "no upgrade" or not. Of course they try not to move anyone that has said DNU.

Once we were moved from a cabin we had selected to another of the same class three doors down the hall, without asking us. I believe they wanted the one we had chosen because it had a connecting door to the adjacent cabin.

But one thing is for sure, I'll be perfectly happy if we get the BB guarantee that we booked. I looked at the deck plans on Maasdam and figured I'd be very happy with anything in that category or what they consider an "upgrade" to a BA or whatever. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned. Since the suites appear to be sold out, I doubt we'll be getting one of those.:rolleyes: But any balcony room will be lovely. It's just the anticipation that's driving me NUTS!! :eek::D:eek: Y'all will be the (second) to know when we get our cabin number! (unless it's at the dock). I'm soooooo looking forward to this cruise.

But one thing is for sure, I'll be perfectly happy if we get the BB guarantee that we booked. I looked at the deck plans on Maasdam and figured I'd be very happy with anything in that category or what they consider an "upgrade" to a BA or whatever. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned. Since the suites appear to be sold out, I doubt we'll be getting one of those.:rolleyes: But any balcony room will be lovely. It's just the anticipation that's driving me NUTS!! :eek::D:eek: Y'all will be the (second) to know when we get our cabin number! (unless it's at the dock). I'm soooooo looking forward to this cruise.

Keep checking! We're on that cruise with you and just got our cabin assignment today. Went from a HH to an F. It's not a fabulous upgrade but we went from fully obstructed to a full ocean view and the location is good so we're happy. We had actually booked an inside originally and our TA called us and talked us into an HH for the same amount of money. So I guess we really went from an inside to an ocean view if you want to think of it that way! We may have been one of the first to be assigned since we're on a collector's cruise and they had to have an available cabin for both portions of the cruise.

Keep checking! We're on that cruise with you and just got our cabin assignment today. Went from a HH to an F. It's not a fabulous upgrade but we went from fully obstructed to a full ocean view and the location is good so we're happy. We had actually booked an inside originally and our TA called us and talked us into an HH for the same amount of money. So I guess we really went from an inside to an ocean view if you want to think of it that way! We may have been one of the first to be assigned since we're on a collector's cruise and they had to have an available cabin for both portions of the cruise.

Wow, how great for you!! Now I'll be even MORE obsessed!!!!n R u on our roll call??

Keep checking! We're on that cruise with you and just got our cabin assignment today.
Wow, that's very early!

We may have been one of the first to be assigned since we're on a collector's cruise and they had to have an available cabin for both portions of the cruise.
I think you're right. ;)

Rose - I feel your pain of the anticipation of waiting to find out!.

I've got my toes crossed your cabin info comes in tomorrow! :D

Wow, toes crossed!! That beats fingers in my book!!:D:D Thanks!

Just checked again. Nope, nothing. :-(

Well here I sit...still with no cabin booked... hummmm...4 days till we sail away...guess I will keep my TOES, FINGERS and EYES crossed for the best...will let you all know what I get....when I get it..lol

Just so long as I am on the Eurodam Sat at noon....if it means I have to bunk with the captain :p:p....so be it....thats what I get for booking a single cabin!!

Wow, how great for you!! Now I'll be even MORE obsessed!!!!n R u on our roll call??

Yes, I'm on the roll call. I thought of you right away when I got my email from HAL. I knew it would probably make you check 25 times a day now that you know it could possibly be there! Good luck.

Well here I sit...still with no cabin booked... hummmm...4 days till we sail away...guess I will keep my TOES, FINGERS and EYES crossed for the best...will let you all know what I get....when I get it..lol

Just so long as I am on the Eurodam Sat at noon....if it means I have to bunk with the captain :p:p....so be it....thats what I get for booking a single cabin!!

Ha ha ha!! Hope he's cute (the captain, I mean)! 4 days out. Hope that doesn't happen to me - but if it does, hope it's for a REAL GOOD reason!!!:D

Have a great trip.

Yes, I'm on the roll call. I thought of you right away when I got my email from HAL. I knew it would probably make you check 25 times a day now that you know it could possibly be there! Good luck.

Of course you are!! I realized that right after I asked that dumb question! :o

OK, so I'm going to go check again. It's been at least an hour since I checked last!!!

Well as of this minute.....I refuse to check again....UNTIL....I leave home on the 17th and am in FT Lauderdale...I might just PEEK to see if I am booked with the captain....I promise he will not let his duties fall short because of MOI!!!:D

Sailing in 5 days and still no assignment. The anticipation is maddening! Was hoping to know before we get to port just so I can put the cabin number on our luggage tags before I laminate them. Oh well, we will just keep checking and hope for the best.

:-(((( I could not request peeking...only 3 times this am...still nothing and sailing on Sat!!!

:confused: what to do :confused:

Take a deep breath, I may be next to the laundry room....:mad:

I booked an H (or HH), and got upgraded to a D, on deck one. Would have LOVED a higher deck but it is OK. Same as you, from obstructed to a full window. Looking forward to that.

Are you on the Eurodam on Feb 25,too?

No, we're on the Maasdam March 12-April 6. You got a better upgrade than us but I think our problem was that the first leg of our Collector's cruise was getting pretty filled up. The second leg was wide open but they had to have a cabin for us that would work for both parts of the cruise. I think that's why we got our cabin assignment so early. I would liked to have been on the lower promenade deck but we're happy with our cabin location otherwise, even though it wasn't our first deck choice. At least we're not by a laundromat!

I asked if any of our Roll Call members had receivedan up sell or upgrade yet from their guarantee staterooms yet and all responses have been a solid no.

We cruise in 18 days on Noordam and as far as I've been told, as have others most of the Noordam cruises for this season are sold out.

Joanie

Hi Jlocole...not on the 25th sailing we are on the 18th to the 25th of Feb, this is why I am worried a bit....no where to call home for a week yet :eek:

quote=jlocole;32442179]I booked an H (or HH), and got upgraded to a D, on deck one. Would have LOVED a higher deck but it is OK. Same as you, from obstructed to a full window. Looking forward to that.

We cruise in 18 days on Noordam and as far as I've been told, as have others most of the Noordam cruises for this season are sold out.

Joanie

You'll be the "happy" people on March 5th where as we will be the "unhappy" people (we'll be getting OFF Noordam, vs. on that day!). :D

I booked an H (or HH), and got upgraded to a D, on deck one. Would have LOVED a higher deck but it is OK. Same as you, from obstructed to a full window. Looking forward to that.

We are 20 something days out,and we booked a H obstructed and we check it 2 times a day.

Hoping for a good upgrade like you got.:D

Archived