Personal fans in staterooms

Sassy's Mom

DH and I are extremely dependent on our "box" fan at home to sleep and for air movement (we use it AND the ceiling fan year round). :o Obviously, flying out of O'Hare directly to FLL with a transfer to the ship there is no time to stop and shop for one and it is quite bulky to try and pack.

Any recommendations on a packable version. Here in IL, fans won't hit the shelves until mid-March (after our cruise). Any suggestions from our fellow fan-loving cruisers?

DH and I are extremely dependent on our "box" fan at home to sleep and for air movement (we use it AND the ceiling fan year round). :o Obviously' date=' flying out of O'Hare directly to FLL with a transfer to the ship there is no time to stop and shop for one and it is quite bulky to try and pack.

Any recommendations on a packable version. Here in IL, fans won't hit the shelves until mid-March (after our cruise). Any suggestions from our fellow fan-loving cruisers?[/quote']

YOu can probably find a small box portable heater with a fan only selection....they will be cheap and they don't take up much space.

DH and I are extremely dependent on our "box" fan at home to sleep and for air movement (we use it AND the ceiling fan year round). :o Obviously, flying out of O'Hare directly to FLL with a transfer to the ship there is no time to stop and shop for one and it is quite bulky to try and pack.

Any recommendations on a packable version. Here in IL, fans won't hit the shelves until mid-March (after our cruise). Any suggestions from our fellow fan-loving cruisers?[/quote

My DH and I are the same way. We like to have air circulating at night. I can't tell you the web site or this post will be moved, but go online and look for small fans. You will find what we did which is a small (8") but mighty little fan which packs easily and plugs in next to the bed.

Try searching Amazon.com. You can get it shipped rather fast, most of the time with no tax and free shipping. If it's a smaller fan, like a Vornado, you may be able to put it in a shopping bag (or reusable tote) and carry it on the plane along with your purse. Hope this helps!

As was mentioned, sometimes fans are confiscated and returned the last night. For the noise, you might try one of the white noise machines. As for the breeze, you do have your own thermostat in your cabin and it can be turned down low to get the cabin quite cold (usually). It's not the same thing as a breeze, but it might be your best option.

I've brought along a small fan both times I cruised on Princess, and nobody said one word. This little thing really puts out some air along with white noise. It's pretty cheap and sturdy. It fits in one of those carry-on rolling suitcases, although you have to sacrifice like half the space in there. It's made by Lasko: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=lasko+505+breeze+machine&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=27334l33916l2l34019l24l23l0l1l1l0l140l1547l21.2l24l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1440&bih=775&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=230027631298815407&sa=X&ei=rHwsT4KsEMPb0QH50u3wBw&ved=0CFQQ8wIwAA

DH and I are extremely dependent on our "box" fan at home to sleep and for air movement (we use it AND the ceiling fan year round). :o Obviously' date=' flying out of O'Hare directly to FLL with a transfer to the ship there is no time to stop and shop for one and it is quite bulky to try and pack.

Any recommendations on a packable version. Here in IL, fans won't hit the shelves until mid-March (after our cruise). Any suggestions from our fellow fan-loving cruisers?[/quote']

I took my small electric fan on the Ruby Princess (3 weeks ago) and nothing was said (or confiscated). It's a small metal fan about 6" in diameter - purchased at Kmart years ago. I admit I did unplug it and put it away when we left the cabin, but several times I forgot. The fan was still there when we came back to the cabin. Since it's so small, it didn't take up a lot of luggage room. And as others have said, try Amazon. Don't forget to pack that power strip and extension cord. We plugged in the power strip by the desk, plugged the extension cord in that, then strung the cord behind the headboard to plug in the fan on the other nightstand. Worked beautifully! Happy cruisin'

Archived