Laundry by the bag

airgunnerusn

It was $20 per bag last time I did it by the bag. You can get a whole bunch into the bag just by rolling the items. You did not ask, but the turnaround time we had on the Oosterdam for laundry (included in cabin price) was incredible. Out by 9 am and returned by 4 pm with everything including my skivvies pressed. A few years ago on the Statendam it took 2-3 days.

Gary

by 9 am and returned by 4 pm with everything including my skivvies pressed. A few years ago on the Statendam it took 2-3 days.

Gary

Pressed skivvies, indeed.... I told hubby not to get too used to that :D

It is amazing how much will fit in those baggies with some elbow grease and planning.

:rolleyes:did I not read somewhere, and correct me if I am wrong that the Eurodam has a place that people can go and do their own laundry??? Once I again I may have misread something, but it seemed I read that on the eastern Criabbean on Eurodam that the peolple were able to do their own

:rolleyes:did I not read somewhere, and correct me if I am wrong that the Eurodam has a place that people can go and do their own laundry??? Once I again I may have misread something, but it seemed I read that on the eastern Criabbean on Eurodam that the peolple were able to do their own

Sorry but nope...you did not. Eurodam has no self service laundry.

The only ships with self-service laundry are the four S-ships (Statendam, Maasdam, Veendam, Ryndam), four R-ships (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaandam), and the Prinsendam.

Keep in mind that the bags are quite small. Also, consider that they also offer unlimited laundry and/or dry cleaning for x dollars, depending on the length of the cruise. I love going home with (mostly) clean clothes!

Bag prices and unlimited laundry prices seem to vary from cruise to cruise and ship to ship. If you have NORO the ship's laundries are not available, but they offer reduced prices. I'll take the unlimited package any day of the week :)

Just back from a 14-day cruise on the Volendam and we sent out laundry by the bag twice. Price is $20. Both times received the laundry back the next day. The Volendam has self-service machines but our table mates complained about them. Seems there were problems with others removing items from dryers before they were dry.

Waaaah! Why can't I come to the dining room in cut-offs, wife-beater shirt, and flip-flops on formal night? Waaah! It's my vacation and it's all about ME! I should be able to dress like trailer trash if want to!!! Waaah!!!

Sorry to be off topic...but I couldn't remember who had this in their signature.

I think it is GREAT! My feelings exactly! :eek:

Archived