Royal Princess 'sneak peak' video series

Astro Flyer

If the rest of the "reveals" inspire me as much as this one did, I foresee a Fall 2013 Transatlantic on the Royal in my future ....... provided they don't price themselves out of the market :D If so then I may have to "settle" for waiting until Spring 2014 .......

That's how we feel also & we may consider less days at sea on other ships and to book one of the Royal's cruises instead just as long as the pricing isn't too overpriced. The Royal will most likely winter in the Caribbean but we should know more soon. Hopefully they'll release deck plans & pricing prior to the crush to book the Royal on March 15th. It was crazy enough when we had our TA book us on the 1st day last March for a cruise we really wanted to take & this year will be much more chaotic. :eek:

I noticed that too, and when I compared it to the original video and original drawings, that area is definitely different. I really hope that it is an enclosed pool, that would make it a much better space than if it were used as just a sports area. The sports areas on the current ships aren't as large as that area behind the funnel is. As well, most Princess ships have aft pool which are well loved and used, making it a covered pool would be just that much better.

Benny,

Glad to see someone else has an eye for detail! Like you I'm hoping it will be another pool. Frankly one fault I see with ROYAL PRINCESS is a possible lack of deck space. A covered pool aft would help alleviate overcrowding at the forward and center pools.

The big problem with these new ships is they continue to get taller and hold more passengers, but the usable deck space up top does not increase in proportion. In many cases it's static so more people have to cram into the same space.

It will be interesting to see what that space aft of the funnel ends up being.

Ernie

Ernie, I'm sure you've been doing the same as have been doing, pouring over the photos and videos and looking for details. I love stuff like this and enjoy trying to see the new layouts and designs on things like these ships. I too note the upper deck space didn't increase despite the extra passengers from the Grand Princess to the newer gem class ships like the Ruby. I am hopeful that won't happen with the new Royal Princess. I suspect Princess learns with each dry dock and each new ship built what changes to make to have less wasted space and better layout. :)

If the rest of the "reveals" inspire me as much as this one did, I foresee a Fall 2013 Transatlantic on the Royal in my future ....... provided they don't price themselves out of the market :D If so then I may have to "settle" for waiting until Spring 2014 .......

Not really a very exciting itinerary. Much prefer the 2012 one on the Ruby to this verison.

I think she is referring to the Trans-Atlantic Crossing which is also known as a TA...:) The schedules will all be over seas until the fall according to the Princess News Article on their web-site.

Looks like she will be in FLL on October 27, 2013 - so we are thinking of a November cruise.:D

Yes, I was referring to the European and TransAtlantic itineraries posted on the Princess Website.

I'm also thinking of a November cruise:D I would love to know the Caribbean itineraries and the date those will start booking:) I'm ready with FCC in hand:)

While it certainly looks nice, I was hoping they would have made the atrium higher, with a glass skylight. That would be spectacular. Keeping it 3 decks high just seems a little underwhelming to me.

I dunno... it seems to me that while a very tall atrium is certainly spectacular, it would also be a spectacular waste of space that could be put to better use.

Am I alone in thinking this? I just don't think I want to be on such a huge ship with over three thousand people. I saw Oasis of the Seas in Fort Lauderdale (and I know it is far bigger than the Royal)--it looked like a large condo building on water. Perhaps I will change my mind about the Royal--I just don't know.

Am I alone in thinking this? I just don't think I want to be on such a huge ship with over three thousand people. I saw Oasis of the Seas in Fort Lauderdale (and I know it is far bigger than the Royal)--it looked like a large condo building on water. Perhaps I will change my mind about the Royal--I just don't know.

After sailing on older smaller ships with about 750 passengers & hating crowds, I was very hesitant to sail on the Grand for the 1st time in 2000. I discovered that my concerns were unfounded because with better utilization of space the much larger Grand Princess was actually less congested than those smaller ships.

When they added the extra deck of cabins & 400 additional passengers on the newer Grand-class ships, they only increased the size of the ship about 7,000 tons. With the Royal they're adding an additional 600 passengers & increasing the size by about 25,000 tons. So for me, someone who hates crowded conditions, I'm not concerned at all about the Royal Princess' size & look forward to more space to enjoy a cruise.

The video is fabulous!

I really want to book on one of the first cruises out of FLL. I imagine that THE first cruise will end up being priced a bit higher than subsequent cruises (except of course for the holiday cruises). Also, I won't be able to get another FCC until I sail on the CB this April. By then the first FLL cruise will probably be sold out. :(

So, when I'm on the CB in April, I will see what's available and when, and book something on the Royal, probably Jan or Feb 2014 :D

I can't wait. She's a beautiful ship.

Funny, when the Oasis and Allure debuted, I had zero desire to sail on either of them, but I feel the opposite about the Royal Princess :confused:

I dunno... it seems to me that while a very tall atrium is certainly spectacular, it would also be a spectacular waste of space that could be put to better use.

Yes, but the space above the atrium will almost certainly be cabins, which isn't necessarily a better use for it.

The pools look gorgeous! I have always felt that these areas were a strength on Princess. I do get headache wondering how the adults only pool area will work in terms of reserving chairs, cabanas, etc!

Also wonder what the extra charges will be in the Pazza venues..

Hope they keep the pizza and trident grill by the pools...

Help. I'm only seeing the atrium video on their website. It looks fabulous. Where are you seeing pictures of the pools?

After sailing on older smaller ships with about 750 passengers & hating crowds, I was very hesitant to sail on the Grand for the 1st time in 2000. I discovered that my concerns were unfounded because with better utilization of space the much larger Grand Princess was actually less congested than those smaller ships.

When they added the extra deck of cabins & 400 additional passengers on the newer Grand-class ships, they only increased the size of the ship about 7,000 tons. With the Royal they're adding an additional 600 passengers & increasing the size by about 25,000 tons. So for me, someone who hates crowded conditions, I'm not concerned at all about the Royal Princess' size & look forward to more space to enjoy a cruise.

I caught that too and thought it was a great sign of good space to passenger ratio. (600 added passengers with an increase of 25,000 tons)

Just watched the videos. She looks beautiful. Also noted the itineraries. Saw there will in fact be a T/A in October 2013. Called my T/A andtold her to book me a mini as soon as they release the prices next month. I will be on that cruise.....:):):)

Bob

I can tell you that if ROYAL PRINCESS is half as spacious and well designed as OASIS and ALLURE she will be a winner.

I've sailed on both OASIS and ALLURE, and I can tell you that even though they carry more passengers than the Grand Class of Princess, they feel far more spacious and have a better space ratio. I often wondered "where is everyone"??!! Granted there were times when you saw crowds like the parades, but generally it was a non-issue even more so than most ships. Embarkation was amazing, literally being dropped off at the pier and walking onboard the ship in 10 minutes time. I wish it were that easy on Princess. These were also two of the very few mega-ships where I could walk up on deck after sleeping in late and have absolutely no problem finding a deck chair even in prime spots. I can think of very few instances where I waited in a line of any sort.

Royal Caribbean really outdid themselves with OASIS and ALLURE, and frankly it's hard to top them. It's one reason they are far more expensive to sail on compared to any Princess Caribbean cruise. These ships are simply that good.

One advantage the OASIS and ALLURE have over the new ROYAL PRINCESS is width. It enabled these ships to have very large pool areas on the upper decks and of course the Royal Promenade, Central Park, and Boardwalk which are all basically hollow spaces. I'll take the hollow spaces over more cabins any day.

I just wanted to point out how great OASIS and ALLURE are, as most of the misconceptions about these ships are from people that have never sailed them.

All this being said I'm very excited about ROYAL PRINCESS. We FINALLY get a new design out of Carnival Corp. It's been a very long time since we have seen anything but a Vista, Grand, or Destiny/Conquest Class ship and the new RP looks pretty cool so far!

Ernie

Having just sailed on Disney Dream, my first reaction was that Royal Princess atrium seems to be of a comparable size. The dual staircases look amazing. I'm happy to see Alfredo's added - though I hope the on deck pizza is also still available. Gelateria looks nice and I'm very curious about the Ocean Seafood Bar. Not sure about the dueling pianos in Crooners. Looking forward to future video previews particularly for cabins.

Having just sailed on Disney Dream, my first reaction was that Royal Princess atrium seems to be of a comparable size. The dual staircases look amazing. I'm happy to see Alfredo's added - though I hope the on deck pizza is also still available. Gelateria looks nice and I'm very curious about the Ocean Seafood Bar. Not sure about the dueling pianos in Crooners. Looking forward to future video previews particularly for cabins.

How did you like DISNEY DREAM? I just got off it a couple weeks ago. I absolutely loved it ... the ship and the experience! One of my favorite ships of all time and I just LOVED the Disney attention to detail.

I wrote a little review and took over 500 pics (that is how much I loved the ship) which you can find here ..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1561689

It might bring back some memories of the ship if you didn't take pics of your own.

I hope Princess has even a tad of the attention to detail that Disney does. If they do, ROYAL PRINCESS will be a great ship.

Ernie

Archived