Royal Princess 'sneak peak' video series

Astro Flyer

Would it be much hassle to fly from London to Venice?

London to Venice is really easy and pretty cheap. We did 3 days in London prior to our Greek Island cruise. We flew BA into Venice.

Bill, just wanted to add my endorsement of flying from London to Venice. We have done it as well and find stopping in London is a nice way to break up the trip. The British Airways flights are quite nice and short. I'm flying that way to Venice in July for my cruise with my daughter, and my husband and I are flying to London for a few nights and then on to Barcelona when we cruise in September.

The photo renderings from last March and this month as well as both videos have been consistent in showing NO tiered balcony profile on the Royal Princess. I think the speculation should be fairly accurate. The lowest deck of balconies could have larger balconies but again from the renderings half of those balconies appear to overlook a view of the lifeboats. Hopefully the next preview video on the Staterooms is released soon and that there are details on the balconies included. With bookings opening in just three weeks Princess will need to speed up this information flow, or maybe they expect us to "Book Blind"?

I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more specific information released since booking capabilities are just a few weeks away.

You have such confidence.

How did you book the Med/Trans Atlantic on Royal Princess sailing on October 9, 2013? :cool:

Haven't actually booked it yet. My T/A has isstructions to snag me a mini when bookings open up on March 15th.....:):):)

Bob

Received an email from my T/A. The T/A received information it would be March 1st.....:):):)

Bob

Yes. I had thought something like that. That gives us 2 weeks to look over the staterooms, hopefully with deckplans, and the itineraries to decide our booking choices.

Received an email from my T/A. The T/A received information it would be March 1st.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Then I'll begin to decide if we'll join you & many others so eager for the TA with so many sea days to explore the Royal which for me will depend upon how much it costs. I can wait & use my cruise budget for more days on other ships if the premium price for the TA is more than I am willing to pay.

There undoutedly will be a greater demand than supply which is a formula for very expensive prices. I hope not but just being realistic with myself & not being overly optimistic that we'll sail the Royal's TA with you.

Thanks Bob!

Then I'll begin to decide if we'll join you & many others so eager for the TA with so many sea days to explore the Royal which for me will depend upon how much it costs. I can wait & use my cruise budget for more days on other ships if the premium price for the TA is more than I am willing to pay.

There undoutedly will be a greater demand than supply which is a formula for very expensive prices. I hope not but just being realistic with myself & not being overly optimistic that we'll sail the Royal's TA with you.

I agree. While I can't see us not going on the cruise, if the prices are too crazy, I might have to reconsider.....

Bob

Thanks Bob!

I agree. While I can't see us not going on the cruise, if the prices are too crazy, I might have to reconsider.....

Bob

On the subject of costs, I am reminded of one year when I lived in San Diego and it was the site for the Super Bowl. San Diego is an extremely popular vacation destination. Because of that fact, inflated prices were monitored. They did not want San Diego to be seen as taking advantage of people who would very likely be repeat visitors to San Diego long after the Super Bowl was over.

I would think that Princess will realize that many of us are repeat cruisers with Princess.

On the subject of costs, I am reminded of one year when I lived in San Diego and it was the site for the Super Bowl. San Diego is an extremely popular vacation destination. Because of that fact, inflated prices were monitored. They did not want San Diego to be seen as taking advantage of people who would very likely be repeat visitors to San Diego long after the Super Bowl was over.

I would think that Princess will realize that many of us are repeat cruisers with Princess.

Princess will want to maximise as much $$$ as possible. Royal Princess in the following years will probably return to reasonable rates. But brand new ships are costly ventures and if they can sell cabins at higher rates, then that is what they will do IMHO.

The test is what price is too much for someone to pay.

Princess will want to maximise as much $$$ as possible. Royal Princess in the following years will probably return to reasonable rates. But brand new ships are costly ventures and if they can sell cabins at higher rates, then that is what they will do IMHO.

I only hope that your assumptions are incorrect.....;););)

Bob

We were on the first transatlantic cruise of the Emerald Princess in Oct. 2007 and I don't remember the price being higher than later transatlantics we've done. I think (though I can't swear to it) that was the first time one of the Crown, Emerald, Ruby kind of ships did a t/a. Given the current state of affairs, I don't think Princess will price themselves out of the market. Luxury cruise lines are doing lots of discounting and inclusive pricing and if Princess prices things too high people may decide to try some of those lines instead.

I'll put two Future Cruise Credits down as a deposit regardless of the launch fare. Decisions about whether we actually make this cruise will come much later. Also, I think it too early to really gauge the interest in the maiden transatlantic. While there have been a lot of postings on these CC boards, most have been by a small group of prolific posters. We'll see in the weeks ahead, but I don't think this cruise will sell out quickly. Just my opinion.

Bill, just wanted to add my endorsement of flying from London to Venice. We have done it as well and find stopping in London is a nice way to break up the trip. The British Airways flights are quite nice and short. I'm flying that way to Venice in July for my cruise with my daughter, and my husband and I are flying to London for a few nights and then on to Barcelona when we cruise in September.
Thanks. I think the stop in London will give us a lot more flexibility..

I'll put two Future Cruise Credits down as a deposit regardless of the launch fare. Decisions about whether we actually make this cruise will come much later. Also, I think it too early to really gauge the interest in the maiden transatlantic. While there have been a lot of postings on these CC boards, most have been by a small group of prolific posters. We'll see in the weeks ahead, but I don't think this cruise will sell out quickly. Just my opinion.

Exactly what I plan on doing. I bought two FCC's when we sailed on the Ruby. Going to use them to book the cruise. Added bonus if we go will be I'll get $200 in shipboard credit. This plus the $250.00 Military credit and the $50.00 I'll get from my T/A will give me at least $500.00 obc should we sail.....:):):)

Bob

I only hope that your assumptions are incorrect.....;););)

Bob

Bob, I also hope that icat2000 assumptions are incorrect.

I would not view significant rate increases on Royal Princess for comparable Princess voyages in a positive light. Would Princess risk bad Public Relations for a temporary increase in revenue? I guess we will see.

Exactly what I plan on doing. I bought two FCC's when we sailed on the Ruby. Going to use them to book the cruise. Added bonus if we go will be I'll get $200 in shipboard credit. This plus the $250.00 Military credit and the $50.00 I'll get from my T/A will give me at least $500.00 obc should we sail.....:):):)

Bob

It's also a good time to buy CCL or CUK stock, which would give you another $250 credit.

Bob, I also hope that icat2000 assumptions are incorrect.

I would not view significant rate increases on Royal Princess for comparable Princess voyages in a positive light. Would Princess risk bad Public Relations for a temporary increase in revenue? I guess we will see.

I guess you need to look at historical data of rates when they launch new ships. Were the prices the same or higher, if so, what percentage higher were they?

I would like reasonable rates for the Royal Princess. However, would I be surprised if they prices were dearer because it new and shinny. No.

Archived