1/2 OFF Future Crown cruises!

blackfoot

Just received a new email mailing a few minutes ago-1/2 off Future Crown cruises. I'm not buying this because my wife and became sick on the last 2 Princess Cruises and I thought they were not forthright as to what was happening on board.Two out of the last four Princess cruises is not a good batting average.

What I think I have learned form my princess experiance is NOT to cruise on large ships because of the density which means looking for a smaller ship w/ a better CDC rating!

Just received a new email mailing a few minutes ago-1/2 off Future Crown cruises. I'm not buying this because my wife and became sick on the last 2 Princess Cruises and I thought they were not forthright as to what was happening on board.Two out of the last four Princess cruises is not a good batting average.

What I think I have learned form my princess experiance is NOT to cruise on large ships because of the density which means looking for a smaller ship w/ a better CDC rating!

The Crown got a 100 score on their 11/19/11 CDC inspection, so good luck finding a ship with a rating better than that :rolleyes:

I didn't receive it yet but what were the dates.
I received an e-mail today but it wasn't just the Crown but also Grand from FLL. And the Caribbean sailings from San Juan among others. Reductions of the launch fares on selected sailings between March 18th and April 8th. None we quite 50% but some categories were close. Hadn't been looking at these cruise so I don't know if they were selling below the launch fares before the sale.

I got the email too. It was for cruises this summer and it said UP TO 1/2 off. I'm not going to list it all but there were Greek Isle cruises, Med cruises, Holy Land, Egypt, etc. Not exclusive to the Crown, it was other ships too. Has nothing to do with the Noro, just sale emails like I always get.

Hmmmm... I've been on 12 Princess cruises and have never gotten sick, so I guess we're batting 1000... :rolleyes: And I agree with Attila, it is difficult for a ship to get better than a 100 CDC score...

I got the email too. It was for cruises this summer and it said UP TO 1/2 off. I'm not going to list it all but there were Greek Isle cruises, Med cruises, Holy Land, Egypt, etc. Not exclusive to the Crown, it was other ships too. Has nothing to do with the Noro, just sale emails like I always get.

I suppose I received it also but since it wasn't specifically for the Crown in the Caribbean I just deleted it.

I though at first it was because they had people backing out of boarding the Crown in the next few months.

That is not true. Smaller population on a smaller ship...faces same problems. Put 6 people in a boat. Put 12 people in a boat twice as big.....same density.

It's all determined by health and hygiene of its passengers and crew. And obviously that includes how many are boarding on the first day carrying the virus.

You can cruise on Crystal or Silver Sea for three times the cost and still catch the virus. We did a German river cruise and there was word that someone had "the flu". And was being quaranteed. Chances are it was noro. Passenger count...114. No one is virus-proof. :rolleyes:

By the way...you might want to stay out of hotels, hospitals, schools, nursing facilities etc. It can run rampant there too.

Well said

That is not true. Smaller population on a smaller ship...faces same problems. Put 6 people in a boat. Put 12 people in a boat twice as big.....same density.

It's all determined by health and hygiene of its passengers and crew. And obviously that includes how many are boarding on the first day carrying the virus.

You can cruise on Crystal or Silver Sea for three times the cost and still catch the virus. We did a German river cruise and there was word that someone had "the flu". And was being quaranteed. Chances are it was noro. Passenger count...114. No one is virus-proof. :rolleyes:

By the way...you might want to stay out of hotels, hospitals, schools, nursing facilities etc. It can run rampant there too.

Verified with my TA.

The up to 50% off rates for several Princess ships for select March-April sailings is legit .

It's rate code UE3 .

Only for Past Guests who received the email , new bookings only .

However , I have seen the requirement of receiving the email , ignored in the past.

In addition to this promo , there may be more of the usual FLASH rates

for everyone , Guarantees , new bookings only .

I have been on the Holland America's Amsterdam 4 times. 2 had the noro. The Amsterdam is a very small ship. Noro can happen on any cruise line or ship.

We were code Red and I watched as some idiots picked up rolls, sniffed them, and set them back down. UGGGGGGGGGGG! We were being served and weren't even supposed to touch them. Good Grief, but it's often dummies who screw it up for everyone.

I have been on the Holland America's Amsterdam 4 times. 2 had the noro. The Amsterdam is a very small ship. Noro can happen on any cruise line or ship.

We were code Red and I watched as some idiots picked up rolls, sniffed them, and set them back down. UGGGGGGGGGGG! We were being served and weren't even supposed to touch them. Good Grief, but it's often dummies who screw it up for everyone.

eeewwww - yucky:eek::eek::eek: Why in the world would someone pick up food in a buffet and then set it back down. Yikes.

Was the May 14, 2012 British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess included in the sale? If so, what is the BB category price?

On Princess website their sale price is $1000/couple more than my original price.

Was the May 14, 2012 British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess included in the sale? If so, what is the BB category price?

On Princess website their sale price is $1000/couple more than my original price.

May 26 sailing is included. Insides from $1790 per person, Balconies from $2790.

May 26 sailing is included. Insides from $1790 per person, Balconies from $2790.

I now see a red ad for a princess sale on here & princess site-saying 2 for 1 sale, but it looks like $100 off/OBC, non refundable deposits. we are still doing better then the posted sales.

Thanks

The latest 2-for-1 sale is not much of a sale IMHO. Rates have been slightly reduced, but only on the sailings at the beginning/end of the season, just like the past two sales. It's really just Princess tossing customers a small bone with $25-50 OBC...per cabin. :rolleyes:

After reading this, I just checked the prices for our June cruise on the Crown. It appears that our same mini suite is about $150 pp less than what we previously booked. I have put a call into our travel agent to see about getting this reduced rate. It shouldn't be a problem as we have not made our final payment yet. We previously reduced our rates in December when Princess had a sale on and I have been checking the rates weekly, but until today I hadn't seen a rate lower than what we had already booked. Thanks CC for the heads up.

Just learned from my TA that the promotional rate is for new bookings only and with a non refundable deposit as others have stated. The TA stated that they are not allowed to discount this promotional rate so our fare would come out higher than what we already have. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Archived