Warning for anyone sailing on a B2B!!!!

Avril

Did they actually take your bottle from you or did you surrender it? There's a diffence you know. I'm betting the couple you saw did what I do, put it through the scanner, pick it up and keep moving.

And I'm not the only one that does this.;)

No your not. ;) THAT is the smart way to do it! :D

Ok..I was being silly.but you said..

That implied you would have the booze when you got on the ship and give it to your friends.

Sorry, sometimes my fingers fly faster than my brain. That and it has been a truly horrible day at work and I still have 8.5 hours left.

Just returned from the Valor. There was a table set up just past boarding at each port we were at but no one there to take your booze when you got back on board. We sailed to Key West, Grand Cayman and Jamacia. People just carried their booze right to their cabins.

To all 3 of you, thanks!! :D Duh, I never even thought of buying it in the ship's store the last night!! :o I was thinking more of getting it at the cheap(er) port prices. :) Ok, my next B2B you will find me in the ship's store, last night of the 1st cruise, and definatly after 7pm!! :D

And I will right behid you!

Maybe you are thinking about the failed attempt last year to change things up and make people go down the morning to get their liquor. They quickly change back to delivering bottles the last evening. Even with that change u could still carry out bottles bought from the duty free shop, if bought the last day.

I'm thinking they had to make this change so folks could put their bottles in their luggage as they pack that night (as required) - as obviously if someone is flying out, they can't carry it on the plane.

St Thomas' liquor purchase amounts are quite a bit higher than most other ports because US Customs allows more from St Thomas. Given the greater amounts purchased mainly for more lax US Customs purposes, I would suspect security is less concerned with St Thomas than foreign ports and if they were as strict then they'd be a lot busier. ;)

Archived