Hypothetical - What to do with Unused Wine?

logan25

This is hypothetical since I have not yet achieved platinum status. However, at the current rate of sailings and current bookings, we expect to reach that milestone in 2013. Neither my husband or I drink. The plantinum latitude benefits include wine in the cabin and wine with each Le Bistro dinner certificate. Has anyone ever heard of trading such benefit for something else?

Since we fly to most ports, there is no practical way to safely transport wine bottles back home to even gift to others.

The free bottle you receive for being a platinum member is not of the highest quality:) The only change we were able to make is to have white, instead of red. At least you do have a choice when you're in Le Bistro - they have a special wine list menu that you choose from. Again, just a typical house wine. And you can request them not to open it and take it back to your cabin with you. If we have any extra alcohol at the end of our voyage, we've offered it to our stewards which they always happily accepted. (even if they don't drink themselves, they have friends who do)

Actually I asked this sort of question on another thread of passengers under 21 and what NCL would give them, since obviously they cannot be given wine.

I was told it may be able to be exchanged for a non-alcohol sparkling wine.

I see in the in-flight catalogs that there are typically plastic bottle covers for sale that prevent the liquid from spilling in your luggage, even if the bottle would break. This is just an option for your opportunity. I personally would give any remaining wine to the cabin steward.

Actually I asked this sort of question on another thread of passengers under 21 and what NCL would give them, since obviously they cannot be given wine.

I was told it may be able to be exchanged for a non-alcohol sparkling wine.

I always thought that this was an alternative but I'm so far from Platinum it's not funny (does NCL have a Tin Latitudes level?:o).

Maybe its just me, but when I first read the title to this thread, I immediately thought "What the heck is "unused wine"? Is that something like "extra money"?" ;)

Yep . Unused Wine ? I've never come across such a thing;)

We always apply for the chance to win dinner with one of the ship's officers. Usually that includes wine at the table. Since we don't drink, we just ask for a soda and they are happy to substitute it. I've never asked for a sparkling wine, but then I think we've only had a bottle of wine offered to us once, and we just gave it away to fellow CCers. I too had the feeling it wasn't the most expensive wine on the ship!

Maybe its just me, but when I first read the title to this thread, I immediately thought "What the heck is "unused wine"? Is that something like "extra money"?" ;)

Hey! That was my exact thinking!

Unused wine, extra money, bad chocolate, good showtunes......

What are these things?

We won the trivia thingy. First place included a bottle of sparkling wine. We took it to dinner and shared around. Didn't need to worry about the mythical 'unused wine'.;)

Archived