Favorite ISLA ROATAN Excursion

august1963

I loved my day at Sante Wellness Spa. I got a full body massage, facial, parafin treatment for the hands. Followed by some herbal tea, fresh fruit and wrapped it up with a nap in a hammock overlooking the ocean. The sounds of the sea lulling me to sleep.

Best. Day. Ever.

Bananarama, same long beach as cruise ship Tabayana. good price RT transportation from MBCC.

Or if first time on island and not a beach person, do a Victor Bodden, or Rony or Christopher tour of the island. Go to the Roatan board on CC for contact info and reviews.

Victor Bodden Tours - $25/person and he'll take you wherever you want to go. Upside is that you'll get a true flavor for Roatan from a local resident; downside is that you will have to walk up a big hill as Carnival will not let any of the private tour companies come down to the port and pick up passengers.

Every time we've done tours with Victor Bodden we've somehow ended up at the Mayan Princess Resort on the West End - absolutely GORGEOUS hotel, huge swimming pool, nice beach area (not too many locals bothering us), and the food was out of this world!

Best of luck figuring out what to do on this incredible island!

Victor Bodden Tours - $25/person and he'll take you wherever you want to go. Upside is that you'll get a true flavor for Roatan from a local resident; downside is that you will have to walk up a big hill as Carnival will not let any of the private tour companies come down to the port and pick up passengers.

Every time we've done tours with Victor Bodden we've somehow ended up at the Mayan Princess Resort on the West End - absolutely GORGEOUS hotel, huge swimming pool, nice beach area (not too many locals bothering us), and the food was out of this world!

Best of luck figuring out what to do on this incredible island!

This is what we plan to do! I had heard about him, so went to his web site. I'd like to do the zip line tour then play with the monkeys at his house. :) Lots of great reviews at Trip Advisor too!

We did the Zip Line it was great, you can walk to where you meet up and sign in then they take you to the location where you start and you finish where you walked to. They take pictures and you can buy the cd, I think for two people I paid around 25.00 for the cd.

I'm another Victor Bodden fan. We did his "Best of Roatan" tour - went to the iguana farm, took in some scenery, visited Victor's house, and asked our driver for a lunch recommendation. He took us to "Blue Bahia," a really nice beachfront resort run by a couple from California who relocated to Roatan. Good food and a beautiful location.

We had a private tour with Victor as well. It was just the 2 of us. We went and watched some dolphins play. Then we went to the light house and got a beer or 2. We could see both sides of the Island. Awesome views! We went to a beach of some sort, met some locals. Played with monkeys!! I had an amazing time with the monkeys! One of my favorite animals, monkeys!! We visited Coxen Hole. Seen the whole Island. Had an amazing time. Go with victor, you can design your trip based on what YOU want to do.

We were a little tired to walk up that hill outside of port, so we took a 2 dollar taxi ride over the hill.

We also did Victor Boden, Private island tour, Monkey Business, Iguana area. The driver took us where we wanted to go and stopped where we wanted to.

I dont know if it is a normal thing but we went to the country club/golf course at the top of a hill and had a beer, you could see both sides of the island, great view.

The spider monkeys are hilarious, lots of other native wild life there too.

Was in Roatan in December 2011 via NCL Star. We sent my daughter and mom on a kayak and snorkel trip through the ship. They got the last two spots else we would have done that too. Came back raving about their excursion.

We did not book a ship excurison. We walked off the boat and had nice discussions with the vendors at the exit of the shops. Went in a van that stopped at several places including our stop for zip line. http://www.southshorezipline.com/ I recommend this place if you are looking for a good zip run. There were 11 or 13 runs, mostly long. Scenery nice. I felt comfortable with the equipment and the crew.

It ended up that there were four people enjoying the zip and we had two workers with us. One worker always went first and one went last on each line.

We got off the ship after we had been in port a couple hours. I think if we had headed out first thing we would have had a bigger group doing the zip line at the same time. I liked the smaller contingent.

One note, we did have to wait a while at the port while they tried to fill up the van with other passengers. We also made stops at West End Beach, where I supported the local economy a little, dropped off some guests at a monkey farm (yuck) and stopped at some other beach to pick up some people. You should be flexible when you dont have a fixed plan.

Another vote for Vic Bodden tours, we had Marty as our driver and loved our tour! We did the zip lining, monkeys and were scheduled for the iguana farm but Marty told us that it had been raining for 2 days and just stopped the morning we arrived and that when that happens the iguanas hide in the trees so all we would really be seeing was trees and left it up to us if we wanted to go there, we decided not to.

199793_10150425673265174_864255173_17696841_1632616_n.jpg

One of Vics vans, we had brought a huge rolling suitcase full of donations for the childrens home so we opted to take a taxi up the hill instead of lugging it, I think it was $10

200766_10150425729625174_864255173_17697408_3637969_n.jpg

our 9 yr old zip lining, the boys all had a blast doing it

189539_10150425683530174_163492_n.jpg

the monkeys are SO much fun, one of Vics family members walks you through their little zoo and you can interact with the monkeys and gorgeous central American parrots, Roatan was our favorite port that trip:D

Loving this thread!! We'll be there in July :)

Off topic for just a moment... NewbieMom, there is a thread asking you a question, in case you did not see. It is named "hey, NewbieMom, I think.

On topic: We did the cheap zipline just outside the port. It is called 'Clip 'n' Zip. There are many reviews on Trip Advisor that recommended them, and I was not disappointed. :)

Archived