On The Cloud

Goldens4

Saying hello from the Pool Deck of the Cloud. Enjoying a nice NZ SB. Wish u were here. Will sign up for Net in the AM. Will update when I can.

So far, making friends with the crew. Some of the passengers are not too friendly. Oh, well!:rolleyes:

Silver, it is the Dashwood. Don't know who the CD is yet. Will let you know. I was going to have the butler unpack, but did it myself. Some crazy woman was being sooooo nasty to him that it was embarassing. Why do people have to act that way?

Hey, david! You are a neighbor. We have friends that live close to the HS. in Acworth. I'm in Douglasville. :)

The CD is Jimmy K. Seems to be a very personable fellow. Had dinner at La Terrazza last PM. Duck Ragout was outstanding. Rough Seas last night and very windy today but sunny. Only 2 kids on board and only saw once yesterday. All is good.

PS: Not nuts about the bathrooms. Extremely small. Prefer the Shadow.

We just got back from the Cloud and had a great time with very friendly staff and outgoing fellow passengers. The six young singers comprising the “Artists of Silversea” provided perhaps the best entertainment I’ve experienced in nearly 15 years of sailing with Silversea. This is a big step up from the Jean Ann Ryan troupe of recent years.

Didn’t care much for Jimmy the CD. He hosts the afternoon trivia contest and introduces the evening’s entertainment but he was barely visible throughout the cruise. He has a great tan though. We’ll be back on the Cloud in the fall.

Ducttape, not sure about the Fall. Husband may be working overseas. Unaccompanied , but I wouldn't leave my dogs for that long anyway. Won't know till end of May.

On our way to Virgin Gorda. Supposed to be here in the AM. 1st night out there was a line mishap and engines were stopped in order to fix. Weather is beautiful. Wind has died down a bit. Last night was a tad rough. We had the vibrating bed w/o putting in a quarter:D.

Enjoyed the 1st show. It was the MoTown sound. Tonight is Country:eek:. Husband likes, so I guess I will have to go. All is well! We opted for the Premium Wine PKG. Don't have a clue how it works. Husband handled. Wish you all were here.

yesterday was St. Bart's, today is Antigua. Tropical shower this AM. Staying onboard today since we have stayed in Antigua several times. Saving my shopping energy for St. Thomas. All is well. Met several nice people. There are NO children on Board. The 2 I saw were guests of someone onboard.

Am going to meet DUSABABY today. Trying to track her down was a hoot. For 2 days I approached sigle women and asked if theywere M. I had to stop, I think they either thought I was insane or a stalker.:D

FYI! There are 2 assistance dogs onboard which I think is wonderful. They are Yorkies and are adorable in their little vests. They are being used for either seizures or asthma. I can't remember. Only heard 1 complaint ( there ALWAYS has to be one) Because one started to yip a bit. I said to the person, "Bless your heart!". Anyone who lives in the South or is from the South, knows exactly what I meant.;)

Well, off to the Pool. Have a great day.

Hi Marice, thank you for your excellent on board reports. Please give one of our favorite Silversea cruisers and good friend --Dusababy/Mary Ann our warmest regards. And from one metro Atlanta resident to another, "Bless your (pet loving) heart."

Totally OT, but as all southerners know, bless your/her/his heart can be used to cover almost any situation. As in "Poor thing, she had that premature baby after they had only been married 7 mos and it weighed 9 lbs, bless her heart."

Another outstanding dinner in The Restaurant. Had the Filet Mignon. You could have cut it with a butter knife. Our dinner companions had the sea bass. Pool BBQ from what I heard was very good. We opted out, because we were running late.

In St. Kitts today, it may be overcast. Not sure. Have the Emerald Princess as a neighbor , so it may be blocking out the sun.:D Will be doing the Scenic Railway this afternoon. VS cocktail party tonight. I am a happy camper.:)

Premium Wine Pkg details: Let the Sommelier know. They will keep a running tab and you will receive 10% discount on all bottles. This is on all premium wines and you can order at any bar and in suite.

Last night we dined with our CD, Jimmy Kovel, and Ursula & Brian from the UK. Lovely dinner. The rack of lamb was excellent.

St. Thomas today. Looks like another beautiful day. There is no Galley Lunch. There is a Galley Tour today at 5:30. Coffee has been so-so. I have been ordering a double expresso in the AM. The tea is horrible! They changed their brand and it is very weak. I left the tea bag in my cup for about 3 min. and still could see the bottom.:eek: Next time I will bring some from home. I hope they are not serving this at 4PM during Tea.

Service has been excellent. The Restaurant excellent. The Terrace, if you order the Duck Ragout, it is 5 star. First veal dish DH had was outstanding. Second time, not so much. Lack of garlic and spices. It IS an Italian Restaurant.

Have a great day!

yesterday was St. Bart's, today is Antigua. Tropical shower this AM. Staying onboard today since we have stayed in Antigua several times. Saving my shopping energy for St. Thomas. All is well. Met several nice people. There are NO children on Board. The 2 I saw were guests of someone onboard.

Am going to meet DUSABABY today. Trying to track her down was a hoot. For 2 days I approached sigle women and asked if theywere M. I had to stop, I think they either thought I was insane or a stalker.:D

FYI! There are 2 assistance dogs onboard which I think is wonderful. They are Yorkies and are adorable in their little vests. They are being used for either seizures or asthma. I can't remember. Only heard 1 complaint ( there ALWAYS has to be one) Because one started to yip a bit. I said to the person, "Bless your heart!". Anyone who lives in the South or is from the South, knows exactly what I meant.;)

Well, off to the Pool. Have a great day.

Assistance dogs are getting to be all over now especially on plane. You can get all the docs you want on line.guess its also spread to cruise ships now. A lot of these are bogus!

Last night we dined with our CD, Jimmy Kovel, and Ursula & Brian from the UK. Lovely dinner.

Tell Jimmy that Terry from Ohio says "HI"!! Jimmy and the entire Silver Cloud crew were wonderful on our Norway Coast cruise through the fjords and up to the North Cape. Below are two pictures of Jimmy for those who don't know him. Fun and good guy!! I liked how he did Trivia. It helps, however, most to be playing on Duct Tape's team. Much better chances for winning that way!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 61,056 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Above the Arctic Circle, this is the “Land of the Midnight Sun”. This picture was taken at 11:47 pm on the upper deck of the Silver Cloud showing Cruise Director Jimmy Kovel checking out the views. The sun is going down, but it never sets at this time of the summer. It’s 24/7 light.:

CloudMidnightSunJimmyCD.jpg

While waiting to board the tender in Geiranger, Cruise Director Jimmy Kovel (right) along with two passengers made the “Polar Plunge” to test the fjord waters. It was very, very cold, but they survived that initial shock and came out in good order to get dried off. The 2,720-passenger Costa Magica is shown in the background.:

CloudPolarPlunge.jpg

Last day at sea. Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow. Wonderful dinner in Le Champagne last night. There will be a Galley Lunch today. All is well.

Marcie: Really enjoyed reading your comments re: cruise. As to some unfriendly passengers, they do not know what they are missing if they do not connect with you and Dick.

I am now limited to enjoying cruising vicariously by enjoying the comments like yourself and other great Silversea cruisers [who they know who they are, i.e. Jennifer, Col. Wes, Mary Anne,etc.] Now have a part time care giver [who is great] three times a week, who does all the things, that I can't do. Think about the two of you, as well as all of the wonderful people that I have cruised with. In December received so many email that I was overwhelmed.

Charlie

Marcie: Really enjoyed reading your comments re: cruise. As to some unfriendly passengers, they do not know what they are missing if they do not connect with you and Dick. I am now limited to enjoying cruising vicariously by enjoying the comments like yourself and other great Silversea cruisers [who they know who they are, i.e. Jennifer, Col. Wes, Mary Anne,etc.] Now have a part time care giver [who is great] three times a week, who does all the things, that I can't do. Think about the two of you, as well as all of the wonderful people that I have cruised with. In December received so many email that I was overwhelmed.

Charlie

Hi Charlie

Lovely to see your post...I think of u often.

Keep well dear friend.

Cheers

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I sent you an email on your hotmail email address to ask you for the travel agent you use in the US. We are Aussies in Maroochydore and would like to book in future with a US agent. Did you receive my email. If not do you have a new email address that I can contact you on.

Georgina:)

Hi Jennifer, I sent you an email on your hotmail email address to ask you for the travel agent you use in the US. We are Aussies in Maroochydore and would like to book in future with a US agent. Did you receive my email. If not do you have a new email address that I can contact you on. Georgina:)

Hi Georgina

Haven't received any emai from u. My address is in my link below. Happy to help.

Cheers

Jennifer

Archived