do you have to pay for water with evening meal

Be aware as they will offer you expensive bottled Evian water. I did the mistake and said yes to the question if I wanted water. It turned out the question was if I wanted bottled Evian water.

I think it was like $5 or something. Definitely not worth it since the ships tap water is great.

On my first cruise on the Freedom in 2008 I didn't experience the staff to be as pushy as they were on my second cruise on the Allure last summer.

Not that I have any problems saying no, but every morning the staff tried to sell me the freshly squeezed orange juice more than once. Every evening they tried to sell me the bottled Evian water instead of the free tap water.

As I said I know how to say no. But it got a bit old at the end of the cruise. :p

Be aware as they will offer you expensive bottled Evian water. I did the mistake and said yes to the question if I wanted water. It turned out the question was if I wanted bottled Evian water.

I think it was like $5 or something. Definitely not worth it since the ships tap water is great.

On my first cruise on the Freedom in 2008 I didn't experience the staff to be as pushy as they were on my second cruise on the Allure last summer.

Not that I have any problems saying no, but every morning the staff tried to sell me the freshly squeezed orange juice more than once. Every evening they tried to sell me the bottled Evian water instead of the free tap water.

As I said I know how to say no. But it got a bit old at the end of the cruise. :p

My daughter was jut on a cruise this month and the same thing happened with her at the specialty restraunt when she asked for water.

They won't give you a pitcher of water ... but you can be clear to the assistant waiter that you are going to go through quite a bit. so that he/she can have a heads up to watch for refills.

I've never been accidentally charged for water, but when asked which type I wanted, I have always said either "tap" or "free".

At the MDR on Liberty just a couple weeks ago, I had one water refill in almost 1.5 hours. Most of the night, it was empty. Terrible service all around that night. Never say never...

You're correct. I guess I should have said "in the 12 Cruises we've been on we've never had an empty water glass".

Can you ask for a jug of iced water ?
I usually have the waiter fill more than 1 water glass for me so I don't have to ask as often. I once asked room service for a pitcher of water and they said they don't do pitchers either so they sent me 3 separate goblets of ice water.

Can you ask for a jug of iced water ?

On one of our cruises we had a table of 10 who liked iced tea and they left a pitcher of tea (one of the guys was like "just leave it" :)), but never have they left the ice water.

What bemused me on Labadee was that you could get free squash / lemonade but had to pay for water.

On Labadee or Coco Cay you can go to any bar and ask for a glass of water. You do not have to pay. I've done it several times.

On one of our cruises we had a table of 10 who liked iced tea and they left a pitcher of tea (one of the guys was like "just leave it" :)), but never have they left the ice water.

Last few cruises they didn't keep a pitcher of iced tea for refills at the waiters stations. Each time you wanted a refill they had to go get another glass. I started asking for 2 of those as well. And this wasn't just on RCCL.

Archived