best family rooms??

Newbi

ps: we are thinking about doing a caribbean cruise

The best way to do 5 people is to book 2 connecting cabins. This would be cabins with a door actually inside the cabin to go between the rooms. This way you have 2 bathrooms, more closet and drawer space and more square footage. However they book up fast so I usually book a year in advance to get what I want.

Royal Caribbean has family cabins that can sleep 5 but you will have only 1 bathroom, less space and no privacy but that is another option.

We are a family of 5 - anybody have a idea of the best family rooms available and on what cruises??

It depends on the age of your kids. We are a family of 5 and we are doing a 2 cabins, a balcony for myself and my husband and an inside cabin across the hall for the kids. My kids are 16, 14 & 12.

Celebrity has family cabins for 5 - you can't book online, you have to call. Although the ones on the Solstice class ships are larger and offer more privacy (but only one bathroom) the balconies are much better on the M class ships. If you are concerned about budget, the Dream class of Carnival has family oveanview cabins for five with a split bathroom. If you are really concerned about budget (and get along really well) you can put five in any quad cabin on Carnival ships built in the year 2000 and earlier: Fantasy class, Destiny, Victory and Triumph. EM

Check the prices for the rooms that will take 5...my brother booked a suite for 5 instead of 2 seperate rooms and ended up saving over 700. You do have to call to book 5 people cannot do it online.

We've done several combinations (family suite / outside balcony and inside promenade / outside balcony connecting) on RCI and they have all been good and worked well for different reasons at different times. I think it is a matter of choice and budget, but we have used the family suite option twice and it worked well. Several lines offer similar options - I really think it's a matter of preference that (in our case) was based on our kid's age at the time, availabilty, and ship choice.

RCI has family OV's that work well for up to six. You probably have to call in to book them. We had one last year when we took grandkids on a cruise.

Great size and good storage, big windows, a bunk room but only one bathroom. We got a very good deal on our 5 day cruise, but of course that varies.

Royal Caribbean offers two connecting balcony/large oceanview configurations on their Freedom class (Freedom, Liberty, and Independence of the Seas), and on the Voyager class (Voyager, Navigator, Adventure, Explorer, and Mariner of the Seas). These are Cat D1 and Cat F, located forward on Deck 9. (The port side staterooms are #9520 and 9518). As previously stated, having two bathrooms is a plus (not to mention some privacy for the parents), and depending on the age of your children, connecting staterooms would provide peace of mind. A Suite may work, particularly if the 3,4,and 5th passenger rates are a nice reduction. These ships, their activities, and Adventure Ocean (kid's program) would be great for a family as well! :)

I also vote for two connecting cabins. If you look at deck plans, connecting cabins usually have an arrow or maybe a diamond symbol between the two cabins. Now, you would need for one of the cabins to sleep 3, and not all do -- sometimes the two cabins only sleep two people in each cabin. A TA might be helpful in this case to find you two connect cabins where at least one sleep 3. And, I think the pulldown upper (pullman) beds are better than the pullout sofabed, because the sofabed can block the path to the bathroom. You might ask your kids what they would prefer.

Archived