Are Port Fees Included in Brochure Fares?

caroak

I didn't notice any reference to port fees on O's website or in the 2013 brochure I received today. Are those fees included in the brochure and website fares or are they an add-on charge as is the case with some cruise lines?

I can't recall ever seeing prices inclusive of port fees.

Yes, there was some sort of law enacted about twenty years ago, prohibiting the cruise fare from being bundled in with the port charges.

In the most recent Oceania Brochures, the wording is "Cruise Related Government Fees and Taxes" and as far as I can see, it is the very last item listed under "Categories and Fares" for each Cruise Itinerary.

The prior catalogue had a "add $XXX" to the printed prices, but it seems that those fees are now included in the costs

My guess is the separate fee generated more agro than revenue.

"

The are included in the prices for 2013 cruises just announced.

I did find some fine print in the Summer 2013 brochure that states, "Cruise-related government fees and taxes of up to $19.50 per guest per day are included" which I assume could be higher depending on the cruise. Is this referring to port charges or would they be a separate charge? Crystal's fee for what they call "port security handling charges" is $400 pp for a 10 day 2013 Baltic Cruise. Oceania is offering the same 2013 Baltic Cruise so wouldn't they also be assessed the same $400 for port fees?

I Crystal's fee for what they call "port security handling charges" is $400 pp for a 10 day 2013 Baltic Cruise. Oceania is offering the same 2013 Baltic Cruise so wouldn't they also be assessed the same $400 for port fees?

The port fees are assessed by a very complex set of variables

Number of people onboard, size of ship, facilities used etc...so not all cruise ships will be assessed the same fee

Archived