Using someone else Past Guest Party pass?

jenale80

Has anyone ever used someone else's Past Guest Party pass?

I will be on a cruise this summer with my 2 sons (the three of use ARE past guest) and my parents that are NOT past guest. I would like to attend and take my parents and my 2 boys will not go anyhow.... was wondering if I could get my parents in with my boys passes?

I'm sure you can. When i gave them my past guess pass to get in, there was such a crowd at the door that they didn't even look at it. they just count the passes that come in. i doubt they would even notice...

...although, be prepared for people to be upset with you that you are even considering it....

but i say go for it.

I'm sure you can. When i gave them my past guess pass to get in, there was such a crowd at the door that they didn't even look at it. they just count the passes that come in. i doubt they would even notice...

...although, be prepared for people to be upset with you that you are even considering it....

but i say go for it.

Eh, thought about not posting it... but thought with everyone talking about smuggling liquor, why couldn't I ask about this? I spose if it is out of line.... a moderator can delete it. :o

Really, my Mom doesn't even drink and Dad very little. This is their first cruise and I am willing to bet their last.... I really had to sale them to take this one. It is just one more thing I would like them to experience with me, while on this cruise together.

I will be on a cruise this summer with my 2 sons (the three of use ARE past guest) and my parents that are NOT past guest. I would like to attend and take my parents and my 2 boys will not go anyhow.... was wondering if I could get my parents in with my boys passes?

When my nephew (1st time cruiser) and I went on Valor, he used the pass of a woman in our group who didn't fell well that afternoon and didn't want to go. No problem getting in. They don't even look at the invites.

Yeah they don't even look at the invitations. We have been on 7 carnival cruises but I have only went to one past guest party. I always seem to forget about them :eek:. I leave on the Fantasy next Saturday and I am going to the past guest party this time :p

Here's my tip about the past guest party: Get a seat all the way to the front right side of the show lounge. This way, you're able to flag down the waiters as the come out with trays full of drinks. Tip them a few bucks early and you'll get all the free drinks you want and then some.

Eh, thought about not posting it... but thought with everyone talking about smuggling liquor, why couldn't I ask about this? I spose if it is out of line.... a moderator can delete it. :o

Really, my Mom doesn't even drink and Dad very little. This is their first cruise and I am willing to bet their last.... I really had to sale them to take this one. It is just one more thing I would like them to experience with me, while on this cruise together.

May I offer a suggestion-- Tea time. My kids loved the tea time spending it with my parents on our first cruise.

the last sea day is a farewell party- not advertised and very low attendance

When we went last month they asked people to clap if it was their first cruise, a few did and the CD laughed and asked so what are you doing here, they don't care. Just make sure they don't clap if asked if it's their 1st one:D Enjoy

Here's my tip about the past guest party: Get a seat all the way to the front right side of the show lounge. This way, you're able to flag down the waiters as the come out with trays full of drinks. Tip them a few bucks early and you'll get all the free drinks you want and then some.

LOL

never thought of that, good idea

Last time we sat center back, but seemed like we had steady service.

LOL

never thought of that, good idea

Last time we sat center back, but seemed like we had steady service.

That is for Fantasy class ships. I think on other ships, the service bar is in the back, next to the doors. Anyways, just sit closest to the bar and on the end of the row.

I sat in the middle before and was lucky to get 2 drinks.

Now I admit it is a long time since I last attended one, but can you tell me what is so great about the party that you would be looking for a way to get two people who do not qualify for the party to go?

I really don't care and in fact would give you mine, but I am just scratching my head over what happens at thesee parties now that is so great that you would risk embarrassing your parents who are reluctant to go on a cruise in the first place.

I could understand it if they liked to drink, but mom no and dad very little. I am just puzzled I guess what the big draw is and why you want them to attend.

Now I admit it is a long time since I last attended one, but can you tell me what is so great about the party that you would be looking for a way to get two people who do not qualify for the party to go?

I love the past guest party. Free drinks for about 45 minutes. Can save you a lot of money if you're a drinker.

We both get past cruiser invitations and we always bring a guest with us if we are traveling with friends and have never had a problem and this is our 12th cruise

Just looked at our invitation from our recent Liberty cruise. We did not go so we kept the invitation to put in scrap bbok. It has my name on it and the other one has my wifes name. Nowhere does it say " and guest ". Kind of cheapens it when first timers get to go.

I went on the Fantasy this past week. I worked hard to get my cruise from 1988 on the Carnivale recognized so that I could attend the past passenger party. I did not consider trying to sneak my DH and his mother in with me.

As for drinks, I managed to get my share--enough to get me up on stage doing line dancing--and then a couple more after that.

my mother doesn't drink either, so on our upcoming cruise in January of next year, i am taking one of her friends using her pass to the past guest party.

really, the only reason to go is the free drinks. i don't know that it cheapens it, it's not like they give you all kinds of past guest swag, just some alcohol....and they play some videos while people cheer for all of the ships they have been on. no big deal.

i wouldn't want the pass to go to waste, so i'll let her friend that drinks come with me. i don't feel guilty about it at all, and you shouldn't either.

if it were that big of a deal to carnival, they'd make you ding your card before you enter instead of just trusting that you are all past guests.

I really don't care and in fact would give you mine, but I am just scratching my head over what happens at thesee parties now that is so great that you would risk embarrassing your parents who are reluctant to go on a cruise in the first place.

I could understand it if they liked to drink, but mom no and dad very little. I am just puzzled I guess what the big draw is and why you want them to attend.

It is something I would like to attend with some adult company, seeing as how drinks are free!

And exactly why I posted the thread to see people's past experiences with this type of situation, if it has happened before ~ because I wouldn't want to embarrass them. (not that I think the staff would make a big deal if John was trying to get in on Joe's ticket):rolleyes:

my mother doesn't drink either, so on our upcoming cruise in January of next year, i am taking one of her friends using her pass to the past guest party.

really, the only reason to go is the free drinks. i don't know that it cheapens it, it's not like they give you all kinds of past guest swag, just some alcohol....and they play some videos while people cheer for all of the ships they have been on. no big deal.

i wouldn't want the pass to go to waste, so i'll let her friend that drinks come with me. i don't feel guilty about it at all, and you shouldn't either.

if it were that big of a deal to carnival, they'd make you ding your card before you enter instead of just trusting that you are all past guests.

Where is the "like" button? :D

I gave away my invites, and the folks didnt go in with the crush, so they were scruntized closer .. and turned away.

Make sure you go when they arent watching too closely. If you son is named David and your mom tries to turn it in, and they might wonder why a female is named David and ask.

I'm changing the subject a little bit but do you get an invitation on your 2nd cruise or do you need a few cruises before getting invited. Also do they just leave the invitation in your room like they do the Fun Times? What day do theythe normally schedule the party on an a 7 day cruise?

Archived