Excited about promotion price!!

VAtravelers100

Just wanted to share excitement about rebooking our cruise at a significant savings!! We had two VF guarentees for 10 day Gems of Baltic booked at $2299 for June 24. I had signed up for an email list for promotion fares.I've gotten a few promotion emails, but they never applied to our cruise date... Until today!!!

Tonight's "sale and save" email listed our cruise and listed our dates for the lower fare. We had booked directly with HAL, so I called and they were able to move us to the lower fare - $1699 a person instead of $2299 for VF gaurantee. Bet FIL will be happy to see that news tomorrow when he wakes up (he is paying for both cabins). Hooray!!!

It was interesting that when the agent first tried to move our booking to a lower price it didn't work. But, when I gave her my email address that I used for the promotion emails (which is different than the one attached to my mariner number on the existing booking), the lowered price showed up as an option.

Interesting that this sale appears to be targeted and not to Mariners. When I pull up the June 24 cruise it shows $2299 for VF, even when I am logged in with my Mariner #.

Ike

Just wanted to share excitement about rebooking our cruise at a significant savings!! We had two VF guarentees for 10 day Gems of Baltic booked at $2299 for June 24. I had signed up for an email list for promotion fares.I've gotten a few promotion emails, but they never applied to our cruise date... Until today!!!

Tonight's "sale and save" email listed our cruise and listed our dates for the lower fare. We had booked directly with HAL, so I called and they were able to move us to the lower fare - $1699 a person instead of $2299 for VF gaurantee. Bet FIL will be happy to see that news tomorrow when he wakes up (he is paying for both cabins). Hooray!!!

It was interesting that when the agent first tried to move our booking to a lower price it didn't work. But, when I gave her my email address that I used for the promotion emails (which is different than the one attached to my mariner number on the existing booking), the lowered price showed up as an option.

Interesting that this sale appears to be targeted and not to Mariners. When I pull up the June 24 cruise it shows $2299 for VF, even when I am logged in with my Mariner #.

Ike

I know, I thought that was interesting too. The four in our group are 1 star mariners, and she wasn't able to rebook us straight from our existing booking. She had to use my email address on file for the promotion emails to make it work. Oddly, that email address had also been assigned a mariner number (I didn't ask questions about that since I was so focused on getting the price processed, but I know I need to call back so that I can get myself listed only once in their system.)

When she first tried a couple ways, she said that we didn't qualify for any lower price, and she didn't even see the lower price as an option. Once I gave her my promotion-email address, it popped right up!

What I take away from this at the least is that it's a good idea to sign up for the promotion emails.

What I take away from this at the least is that it's a good idea to sign up for the promotion emails.

I'm signed up for them, just haven't seen any that actually saved me anything of note. Fortunately, they slashed prices on the June/July Baltic cruises a couple of weeks ago and I was able to get a pretty good deal on the July 31 cruise before they went back up.

Please tell me how to sign up for these e-mail promotions. I am a 4 star mariner but I'm not familiar with this program.:confused:

On HAL's homepage at the top of the page there is a link called "sign up for special offers." I feel like this sale price was some sort of crazy fluke and feel lucky that we were able to take advantage of it! I can't help but wonder if it's relevant that the email address I used to sign up for the special offers email list happened to be different than the one they had on file for our booked cruise. Seems possible. Either way, we were lucky.

Archived