Royal Princess Deck Plans--here they are!

whatcruiseisnext

I am having difficulty finding them on the deck plans. Any one know if there are any similar to the Ruby's 'coveted' covered balcony on Emerald Deck?

I'd love to book one for the TA in Oct. 2013.

Thanks!

Looks like all the Mini Suites are covered. However no mini's on the Emerald Deck. So you have a wide rangge to choose from. (I'd avoid the ones under the pool and Horizon Court!)

Bev

Having had a chance to look at them for a while, I think some of the concerns about the pool size may be unfounded. In comparison to some of the others, that pool looks pretty darn big if visualized at scale.

So I don't think the pool/size to passenger ratio overall has changed much. But the layout of the space has and I am not sure how the new layout will work with issues such as MUTS, Kids, chair hogs, etc (I think it may help with the hoggage as there may be more pool frontage) but I think the adult pool may be a bit small if it becomes the designated fleeing area from MUTS. (That said, note that MUTS is 2 decks above the pool deck, wonder if its a separate area?)

Looking at other things, I can't figure out if the Horizon Design will work, the Pastry shop looks small for what they described it as (and if not, then I am not scaling up enough), and I am disappointed they did not do a Sanctuary only small pool (one of the best features of the Island/Coral)

One other pool thing, unless they are way bigger than they look.. 6 hot tubs, total? They have like 6 on the Island!!

The Horizon Court/Bistro intrigues me in terms of the split space. Is it just going to be one or the other at times, or will the court be in use all the time and the Bistro open in the evenings....

What the heck is that blank space on the Sky deck for?

LG Sanctuary on deck 17 (Sun).

Bev

I wanted to thank you again for sharing the deck plans with us because it allowed us to narrow our cabin choices even though we had to wait until this morning to view the prices so our TA could book our DB cabin on the maiden TA cruise. :D

Having had a chance to look at them for a while, I think some of the concerns about the pool size may be unfounded. In comparison to some of the others, that pool looks pretty darn big if visualized at scale.

So I don't think the pool/size to passenger ratio overall has changed much. But the layout of the space has and I am not sure how the new layout will work with issues such as MUTS, Kids, chair hogs, etc (I think it may help with the hoggage as there may be more pool frontage) but I think the adult pool may be a bit small if it becomes the designated fleeing area from MUTS. (That said, note that MUTS is 2 decks above the pool deck, wonder if its a separate area?)

Looking at other things, I can't figure out if the Horizon Design will work, the Pastry shop looks small for what they described it as (and if not, then I am not scaling up enough), and I am disappointed they did not do a Sanctuary only small pool (one of the best features of the Island/Coral)

One other pool thing, unless they are way bigger than they look.. 6 hot tubs, total? They have like 6 on the Island!!

The Horizon Court/Bistro intrigues me in terms of the split space. Is it just going to be one or the other at times, or will the court be in use all the time and the Bistro open in the evenings....

What the heck is that blank space on the Sky deck for?

Actually there are seven hot tubs... there's one in the Teen Open Area... :p

I'm pretty sure that the Sky deck is between the Adult Pool and the main pools... next to the front masts... looks like it'll have just loungers.

Actually there are seven hot tubs... there's one in the Teen Open Area.

Well, I really hope they're larger than the seven hot tubs on the Emerald, Ruby, Crown, which are much too small and overcrowded for the number of passengera on those ships.

I hope that this ship has enough seating in the Princess theater not like on the grand ships. I for one am sick of standing to watch the shows or jamming my food down to try & find seats.

Me too, for two.

I didn't count that one because I assumed it was teen only (not sure if that was a good idea or a recipe for disaster)

Actually there are seven hot tubs... there's one in the Teen Open Area... :p

I'm pretty sure that the Sky deck is between the Adult Pool and the main pools... next to the front masts... looks like it'll have just loungers.

There are a lot of cabins indeed on the Royal but the capacity is still maxed at 3,600 which is just about 600 more than the largest current Princess ships.

Just by quick inspection of the Royal Princess deck plans, the public areas seems to have increased on the lower floors while now having no cabins on Decks 5,6,7.

Maybe there will have to be three shows instead of the current two in the Princess Theater therefore cutting down the duration.

Other than that, I think it won't get too crowded in general. Now if it were like Oasis or the Allure then I'd be worried with the stated public spaces. :)

I've heard numerous reports that for the size, Oasis and Allure are so well designed that they do not feel crowded at all. I'm tempted to give one of them a try to find out if this is true.

i'm one of those who always get a covered mini-suite on the emerald deck. my preferences are either e729 or e731, depending on the ship.

has anyone be able to discern if the mini-suites on the royal are all covered or not? if they are not covered, are there mini-suites that are covered like the ones on emerald deck?

thank you in advance for your help.

cheers

The deck plan and stateroom views currently linked to the booking engine appear to be for the old Royal Princess which is a small ship with just ten decks and 594 feet long.

I had this problem too, but if you ever viewed the old Royal Princess, then those pages are still in your cache... delete your browser's cache and the new ship will be revealed.

Although I know the Explorer's Lounge has its fans, I think in the long run a more theater-like layout for that space makes more sense. Quite often the comedy shows and similar acts end up in the Explorers Lounge. If the performer is any good the place tends to end up jam-packed most of the time, and the Explorer's Lounge layout isn't a good use of space for this type of thing. Also good to see a more traditional layout for the Vista Lounge too, Club Fusion was just ill-conceived from the start.

Am I seeing it right that MUTS is no longer by a pool but up higher? That would be great in my mind. I will really, really miss the aft pool and Skywalkers (aft) However, there does look like some really nice, new additions. It will be interesting to start reading reviews of her in a little over a year.

Looks like on the deck plan, they have the words "Movies Under the Stars" located on the Sports Deck where some seating will be. But the actual screen will be overlooking the pool as always. Scroll down to the fourth photo here:

www dot travelserver dot net/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=012439

Looks like on the deck plan, they have the words "Movies Under the Stars" located on the Sports Deck where some seating will be. But the actual screen will be overlooking the pool as always. Scroll down to the fourth photo here:

www dot travelserver dot net/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=012439

Interestingly, if you look at the last photo in that series (and thanks for providing the link), there seems to be a structure with windows on Sky deck in front of the funnel... but it doesn't appear on the deck plans. :confused: Hmmmmm....

Thanks. I noticed that after I posted. Probably was just wishful thinking on my part:)

It doesn't look like a deck plan that would attract me away from the older ships in the fleet (or from the competition). No aft pool, no covered pool area, no "room with a view" like the observation lounges on the small ships or the night club on the Grand and larger class ships.

Interestingly, if you look at the last photo in that series (and thanks for providing the link), there seems to be a structure with windows on Sky deck in front of the funnel... but it doesn't appear on the deck plans. :confused: Hmmmmm....

I suspect that those are vents of some sort.

Archived