?s on 4 day repositioning cruise

azseas

Hi all: Can someone please help with the following questions for me:

(1) Are there formal nites on a 4 day from san diego to YVR?

(2) What is the approx cost of the thermal suite for this short cruise?

(3) Is Le Cirque offered in the PG (hope not -- booked for two nites and do not want that menu).

THANK YOU!

I can help you with a few of your questions. I took this same cruise 2 years ago. There were no formal nights. Which was kind of nice since we did not have to pack formal wear. I did not use the Thermal suite so can not help you with that one. There was no Le Cirque dinner offered so you should be ok with that. We found the 4 day cruise to be very relaxing. We have family in San Diego so flew down there for a few days and instead of flying back to Montana where we live, we took the 4 day cruise and got back from Vancouver.

I'm taking a 4-day SD to Vancouver cruise in May, and as far as I know, there's no formal night. It's not a repo cruise, but the last 4 days of a Panama Canal cruise.

Roz

Thank you both -- we plan to just do a small carry on -- so no formals is wonderful. Just want to relax for a few days and get away! Now -- if only my super cheap VH guar gets me a decent cabin! But with just 4 days I could suffer with the VH - if you can call that suffering!

If you look at the section where you can print your boarding pass it should indicate the no. of formal/casual nights. We are also on a coastal this year and were originally advised that there would not be a formal night. It has since changed and there is in fact a formal night. We have no problem with formal nights on long cruises, but having to pack formal clothes for a 4 day is a bit of a pain in the neck, just my opinion.

The people on my roll call who are doing the full transit from Ft. Lauderdale say that their docs don't show a formal night for the SD to YVR segment. Those of us on the 4-day can't print our docs yet.

Roz

I also would be interested in knowing about the thermal spa fee for a 4 day for the Zuiderdam. We were just on a 7 day on the Oosterdam and paid $199 for the two of us, so I am hoping it is closer to $100 for the 4 day.

As Roz mentioned, our cruise is the last 4 days of a 22 day Panama Canal (FLL to YVR) and I am pretty sure we will not have a formal night.

Azseas - please let us know what your cruise documents say when you check them (about the formal night).

DaveOKC

We are on the SAN-YVR repositioning on Oosterdam leaving April 15. Our e-docs indicate one formal night. I'm coming from a work conference in San Diego, so I'm just bringing either a Navy or Black suit to the conference and using it for formal night. I'm not packing a tux for a 4 nighter with only 1 formal night. If you're on our sailing, welcome aboard. We have a roll call going on the roll call boards...

UVaWiseGuy

The people on my roll call who are doing the full transit from Ft. Lauderdale say that their docs don't show a formal night for the SD to YVR segment. Those of us on the 4-day can't print our docs yet.

Roz

Actually, our docs say 5 formal nights, when we were expecting 6. We're assuming that means no formal night on the coastal portion, but you just never know.:D

sorry guys - I have checked my online reservation and can not find any mention of number of formal nights. Now I have not filled in my detailed info yet -- so maybe its at the end of that section. However, I can not find it. We are on the zuiderdam for the 4 nite. So -- now another question -- can be get into the pinnacle grill in nice slacks and clothes - but no jacket on formal nite? We usually sail Princess and there you can dress smart casual in the pay restaurants on formal nite. If you can not, then I will need to finangle my prepaid reservations once I get on the ship and find out what nite is formal.) we wil not pack more than one carry on each for 4 nites and I would love it if we could go with only one! -- so lido it is for us if we can not dine in the pinnacle grill.

Hi, you need to have completed the online check-in process. Once that is done you can proceed to where you would print out your boarding documents. You don't have to print them but can just view what it says about formal/casual nights.:)

I have done my on line check-in but it says we can't print the docs until March 21st..when we made the 4 day reservation through our HAL PCC he told us there was not a formal night indicated...but, the Captain could decide there would be. Hard to pack-so, we are packing as if there isn't going to be one. Lido or room service for us if there is one I guess.

We're on the San Diego to Vancouver coastal 4/15 and intend to do this short cruise casually with minimal luggage. If there is a formal night we will have no problem with the Lido for that one evening.

I also would like to know if the spa facility could be made available for those of us doing this portion of the cruise and what the cost would be. It is one of our usual indulgences. It might be offered on a daily pass, however.

We live in New Mexico and we are taking the 4 day San Diego to Vancouver as well, then doing a week long Alaska cruise. This is our first time on HAL and we are looking forward to the experience. We appreciate the information!

Your clocks say (I think) 5/8 on Westerdam and 5/11 Rhapsody with a 4-day cruise in between. Am I missing something?

Roy

The Westerdam is only a 3 day cruise (we're on it too), so hopefully sdjsnewmexicos's clocks are right and that is the cruise they're on! Otherwise they'll have a problem.

The Westerdam is also smart casual everynight. Carryons only. Yay!:)

Hi all: Can someone please help with the following questions for me:

(1) Are there formal nites on a 4 day from san diego to YVR?

Documents say 'no'

(2) What is the approx cost of the thermal suite for this short cruise?

Don't know

(3) Is Le Cirque offered in the PG (hope not -- booked for two nites and do not want that menu).

'No' there is no Le Cirque offered for that 4 day cruise.

THANK YOU!

Hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks all -- glad to hear its 4 casual nites Roz! Eating at Pinnacle Grill twice -- yummy! Now -- if that pesky VH guarantee will get assigned! Thinking about upgrading to the SY special for $100 more -- but with such a short cruise -- not sure it will be worth it!

Archived