Carry-Ons

This will be our first cruise. How many carry-ons does RCI allow? Both me and my DH have CPAP machines and just wondering if those should be packed inside our carry-ons or if we can just bring them as an extra carry-on in the CPAP cases.

Also, does RCI allow you to bring on water and soft drinks?

This will be our first cruise. How many carry-ons does RCI allow? Both me and my DH have CPAP machines and just wondering if those should be packed inside our carry-ons or if we can just bring them as an extra carry-on in the CPAP cases.

I don't believe RC limits you at all, but keep in mind you will have to carry them around till 1pm when you can get to your cabin. (Most cruises) As you may know Airlines, busses, and trains are not allowed to count essential medical equipment toward your carry on count.

You can carry on as much as you can handle as long as the items can fit through the scanner. If you don't want to haul it around with you then plan to board around 1:00 so you can leave it in your cabin.

As for water and soda (both readily available on the ship) the official word is no, it is not allowed but most ports will allow you to bring a reasonable amount with you.

Did you contact the special needs dept to ask what is the best way to get the CPAP machines on the ship?

If you board before your cabin is ready.....usually 1-2pm...you will have to carry with you anything you have to the lunch buffet so keep this in mind.

Enjoy!

Oh MY! ...must be your frist cruise...wait till you see the piles and piles and PILES of luggage going onboard! :eek:(its amazing the ship can sail at all!)

There aren't any limits and I would pack your machines to carry on, both to ensure you have them even if bags are lost or left behind and to make sure they aren't damaged, since there will be no way to repair them at sea.

Have a blast on your first cruise...and just check out the luggage in the hallways on the last night..no limits whatsoever;)

Since this is your first cruise and others have touched on the carry ons, let me add, items like Cameras, Swim Suits I would keep in your Carryon or carry with you in their cases vs checked in luggage, this way you can begin filming your wonderful vacation immediately and use the pool.

Welcome to CC. If you haven't done so, I would also go the Roll Call Section of Cruise Critic + Royal Caribbean then Mariner of the Seas and join your Roll Call for your cruise and beging meeting you new CC friends. They will also provide you with much needed information.:)

Here is the link to your Feb 24th, 2013 Roll Call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1423233&page=5

This might be a bit of a "duh" to you or others ;) but we have read about theft and loss on these boards before. Keep all valuables and medications with you in your carry-ons. Vauable jewelry, electronics, medications, etc. should be in your carry-ons as opposed to locked in your suitcases. As stated, you will be carrying your items until the cabins are available, and on one cruise there was a delay and cabins were not ready until after 2 pm. No biggie, but it certainly could have been for someone who had 3 bags with them.

Enjoy your Royal cruise. :)

Hi 'sam4691'! Welcome to CC and congratulations on your first cruise! As others mention, I don't think there is a limit for carry-ons. And i believe water and soda is not allowed although many people carry it on without any problems. That decision is entirely up to you. I have read recent posts about checked luggage being confiscated because liquid toiletries look like alchohol going through the scanners. I usually play it safe keep only clothes, shoes and belts in checked luggage and carry on everything else. Besides, you may need some of those things before your luggage shows up anyway.

Whatever you do, have a great first cruise!:)

I take my CPAP in the case it came with. Also, RCI will provide free distilled water and an extension cord. (Carnival charges for the distilled water.) There is a way to let RCI know in advance that you have a CPAP and need the water and cord. I think it is in some sort of "special needs" section on the RCI website. I'm not sure because my TA does this for me. Also, it is OK to have liquids like perfume in your carry-on -- no restrictions like airports have -- because all your luggage eventually gets to your cabin anyway. Of course, no guns or explosives or knives (maybe pocket knives are allowed).

You should NEVER check medications or medical equipement...always carry them with you.

RCI really has no real limits...200 lbs pp is stated in their info, but I can't imagine anyone coming close to that amount of stuff!

You should NEVER check medications or medical equipement...always carry them with you.

RCI really has no real limits...200 lbs pp is stated in their info, but I can't imagine anyone coming close to that amount of stuff!

I'm glad the 200 lbs does not include my actual self. I'm definitely over the limit. :D

This might be a bit of a "duh" to you or others ;) but we have read about theft and loss on these boards before. Keep all valuables and medications with you in your carry-ons. Vauable jewelry, electronics, medications, etc. should be in your carry-ons as opposed to locked in your suitcases. As stated, you will be carrying your items until the cabins are available, and on one cruise there was a delay and cabins were not ready until after 2 pm. No biggie, but it certainly could have been for someone who had 3 bags with them.

Enjoy your Royal cruise. :)

This reminds me of a joke our Oasis comedian told..."on the first day they tell you to put anything valuable in your safe, and on the last day they tell you to put all your ^%# in the hallway":D

Thanks everyone. Yes, this is our first cruise and honeymoon. We're just 21 years late on the honeymoon!!! But better late than never!!!:D

Happy belated honeymoon! Have a ball!

Archived