What is the best or worse thing a cabin neighbor has done?

scomar

Best thing that happened was a couple we met on board Eclipse won one of the blown glass vases and couldn't get it home in their checked airline bags so they gave it to us! We drove to the pier.

Worst was a balcony cabin where our next door neighbors were obviously practicing for American Idol or something because they had guitars and sang Whiskey Lullaby over and over and over and over and over and over....just that one song. Over and over and over.... And they were no Allison Krauss and Brad Paisley.

One cruise we had two sisters next to us who were out to have a good time. Later in the week they were fighting as one sister was spending a lot of time in the cabin with her new male friends (note the use of the plural) and the other sister was not happy. The funny part, they were both probably 60 or 70 years old!

GAG!!!! See profile picture!!!

The best cruise was having a neighbor that came over every morning with kisses and a good morning "Nana" :D:o

The worst was the same one where the neighbors came over a borrowed my make up and jewelry and deodorant and even some of my meds... :rolleyes:course it didn't hurt that it was my DD's and SIL's ;)

Kidding aside we have been lucky with this issue, on our first cruise we never even saw our neighbors..... the last one was with entire family of 8 all in three rooms with the DGS in the middle.....so the only people who could hear them make any kind of noise was their auntie/uncle or us!! Our room was the corner and other DD's was situated on an angle so we were sort of our own "block":)

My first cruise we had a room across from a large group of girls that had no volume control. They, all together, had about 4 or 5 rooms total. On our last night, at about 1 or 2 am, we hear the girls yelling down the hall to each other instead of using their phones. This lasted about 5 minutes... until one girl got locked out by her friends. She banged on the door screaming until my boyfriend went out and just stared at her. She shut up instantly and her friends let her back in. That was the end of that.

Our last cruise our neighbor brought music with her out onto her balcony. It was pretty terrible. And we couldn't just hear it when we sat on the balcony, we could hear it in our room too. :(

this reminds me of our pre cruise hotel with a huge group of teenage kids on the same floor with a church group. unsupervised and very loud. around 2am i could not take it anymore, screaming, yelling and banging on the door. I got up, swung the door open and stould there, all 48 yrs old, 250 not so in shape pounds and in my underwear and kindly asked how long would this continue. They, with very wide eyes, said, im sorry sir, and we never heard of them again.

My DW made a constructive comment at the front desk about placing us in that room and we got back $50.00. All in all, they were just having fun.

There was a young couple across the hall from us cruising with a baby in diapers. They obviously didn't want the smell of the poopy diapers in their room so they would place the stinky diaper outside their door where it would sit until the cabin stewards came back on duty.

Second problem was a couple that booked themselves an OV room and put their young children (preteenagers) several doors down from them in an inside cabin. After listening to the kids roughhouse in the halls, yell and scream in their cabin, and bang on their parents' cabin door when they wanted them, my husband and I and passengers in several other cabins complained loudly to the front desk.

The husband ended up staying with the son in the inside cabin and the daughter with Mom in the OV.

my mum was a good neighbour...

on the HAL cruise she did solo, she somehow ended up with a bottle of champagne (she doesn't really drink and would never even open it)

At some point she had seen the newlywed couple next door... and after she got the champagne she kept hoping to run into them to give it to them..

I think with like 2 nights left she finally saw them again and gave them the bottle... they were happy.

I don't think I've ever heard or seen my neighbours...

The one thing I didn't like was when I had a wheelchair for my dad, our steward said we could keep it outside the room... this seemed like a terrible idea to me, so I never did...except one night when we were popping in the room to change and would be like 5 minutes... (those suckers are heavy and hard to get in and out of the room) we come back out and it's gone.... someone wheeled it up the hallway, we just took it right back...

that I didn't appreciate.

And how the next generation of inmates are created, since they live in a world that has no rules on the boy, he will think he's entitled to do whatever he likes until he grows up and finds out he isn't!!!

Carole

Someday he'll punch the wrong girl and she'll clean the floor with him.

While we were on our honeymoon we had a family that the husband

knocked on our door at 2 in the morning drunk because he was locked

out of his room and wanted to scale our balcony. The next night he knocked on our door at 1 am to show us a cricket he found. Then there son kept trying to look under our balcony. All on our honeymoon UGH!!

We've been really lucky with cruise ship neighbors. Most of the time we were never even aware that we HAD neighbors. But on one cruise we had some particularly passionate neighbors. Which, of course, does not make them bad neighbors or anything--but cruise ship walls are pretty thin and DH and I could hear their antics late every night.

One afternoon, I came back to the cabin with my son, who was probably 4 at the time, for him to have a nap. The passionate couple next door was also, um, having a nap, which caused my son to loudly exclaim, "Mommy! The people next door are jumping on their bed!" LOL

Sitting out late one night on our balcony having a nice sambuca we felt a fine spray - looked over to the balcony next door and he was taking a leak (had to be standing on something to get that high). Needless we yelled at him and I think he put it back in mid stream. Never saw him or it again.

OH Yuck....unreal

1. Smokers....

2. Someone once Called security because we were all giggling for all of 5 minutes...not yelling...not screaming...not jumping up and down...but laughing and enjoying ourselves for 5 whole minutes before we went to the MDR...so it was around 6pm...not midnight or 6am!

My last cruise (and my only one on Carnival) my cabinmate and I were careful to select an inside cabin that was not above or below an area we believed would be noisy. We ended up on the same deck as all the fancy suites which worked out well because we had a great room steward.

Anyway, the first formal night we were awoken around 3 am by people in a cabin about 5 down from us shouting at each other. It was clear that they were both very drunk and we just hoped that they would shut up soon....that was until we heard her scream and the sound of broken glass....then the people next door went to get security who told them to go in their room and quiet down. They also locked their balcony door so they couldn't fall off the ship. About half an hour later we again heard them screaming and the woman came out into the hallway still wearing her floor length dress and started yelling at him and how drunk he was in the hallway. My cabinmate called for security again and the same poor security person was sent again. This happened about every half hour to 45 minutes between 3 and 7 am.

Eventually, some of our neighbors decided that trying to sleep was pointless and went to the Lido deck to get breakfast and sit by the pool. The last time that security came we had to laugh because the whole thing was just ridiculous, but suddenly the Indian security guard asked the drunk white Southerner if he could understand English! By the way, I'm not stereotyping, the security guy's badge said India and the drunk man had loudly proclaimed to be from Texas

I'm not exactly sure what happened to them. The Texan had tried to kick his significant other out of the room to no avail and we never heard from them any other night. I don't know what normally happens, but we were hoping they would end up in a Central American jail.

On past cruises with RCL I have never had any problems with other passengers so it was unfortunate that I had to experience this on my first Carnival cruise. For this and a few other reasons, I plan on trying Celebrity next.

Hmm....a lot of complaints about smoke. From what I remember, smoking is allowed on balconies on Carnival. I understand people dont like smoke, but the smokers pay for their cabins and pay for that right to smoke. So imo, smokers are doing nothing negative or positive....they are doing what they are allowed to do. I could understand if smoking was banned on balconies, but it isn't.

Yes...a LOT of complaints about smoke

It is "allowed" for NOW

Times change and things change. Carnival tighted up the smoking, and Princess tightened it up even more, no more smoking in cabins or on balconies on Princess now.

I "predict' that Carnival will tighten it up even more in a few years, not making it smoke free, but just leaving an outside deck and one inside bar or whatever for smokers to get their fix

Smokers really do not realize how it affects others, or how sensitive our noses can be.

On one of my cruises we had ONE gal who smoked...and after a few days NO one wished to sit by her at dinner, in the showlounge...cause she was always running to the "ladies room" (read outside deck) for her smokes and when she came back she reeked. It was sad cause she was a nice lady...but when she would come back to the dinner table she really smelled like a big cigarette:confused:

I don't know if I'd call him a neighbor, but we had front facing rooms and had a guy decide to play his bagpipes on the deck right outside our window. Maybe some people enjoy bagpipe music but it's just not my cup of tea.

Unreal !! They are sooooo loud....I don't know why they would even let him bring the bagpipes on board! That is nutz

We absolutely love this shot . . . it's our new Cruise Critic avatar AND my new Facebook profile picture.

:)

It's the seemingly little things that make a difference... and a memory! ;)

Our worst experience was in 2009 when a neighbour put a damp towel over a lamp to dry and went out. The first we knew of it was when the steward requested us to evacuate whilst the matter was dealt with. It was quite a while before the smell of smoke went away.

Wow he or she deserves the title of dumb passenger of the year.

Sorry , I signed an agreement with the cruise line not to discuss this matter.;)

I don't think you need to disclose the cruise line or ship, but how and who might help someone avoid a similar problem! :confused:

SMOKE.. There I said it

Its about time someone had the guts to say it, and you guested it, SO DO I! Im sick and tired of being treated like a leper, im not :mad:.

Just got off a cruise and in the parts we were allowed to smoke, non smokers were sitting on our seats with fake coughs and hand gestures with the smoke :eek:, why sit there? they had 99% of the ship that was non smoking, but the 1% we had, they wanted it too.

I dont voice my option when someone sits next to me stinking of

alcohol ! or may be us smokers are just more polite!

Our money is as good as their's and so are our rights, anyway the fun part of the ship was always where the smokers were, they were always the happiest and friendly.

So

I smoke too :)

Archived