What is the best or worse thing a cabin neighbor has done?

scomar

While on a cruise you are suddenly mixed in with a wide range of people, of which some will be in the cabin next to yours. What is the worst or best thing a cabin neighbor has done for you or to you?

The most annoying thing the people in the next cabin did was to constantly be going in and out on the balcony. The door would slam. They also were not quiet talkers, and thankfully they didn't speak English. The same people also seemed to like to slam the doors to the bathroom, and wardrobe, and drawers in the desk....oh my, they never knew how to be quiet.....

The funny thing is I had no cabins above me or on the otherside of me (Liberty 9294) ...the one cabin on the otherside was noisy enough!!

At Sailaway, I was talking with a couple next door. On the other side, was one's parents. The parents had a bottle of wine, and offered me a glass.

So I passed down an empty one, they filled it with wine, and passed it back to me, and we all toasted each other.

A nice memory.

Smoke and it was me smoking!

I smoked on my balcony and we never see our neighbours on their balcony once after the first day on a 12 night cruise.

I knew it was the smoke in the end because on 2nd last day they slammed their balcony door as soon as I lit up.

The people on the opposite side balcony were family and one also smoked.

As we were on port side and them one cabin aft of ours i presume the smoke whuffted onto their balcony wind direction.

If they would have told me I would have curbed my smoking,but they didnt so I was unaware.

If It happened again I would ask them if it bothered them first and depending on their attitude towards me smoking I would decide how and when I would smoke.

Den

I never had a problem but I was talking to this couple in cozumel .. the lady next door to them they said she sang LOUDLY in a operatic voice all night long and if security tried to quiet her down she started swearing at them and wouldnt stop.

Our neighbor was a big herb fan on our recent cruise.

We shrugged it off as it's a common scent on a cruise.

Until debarkation morning we opened our door to be greeted

by 6 Customs officers. We won! A search of our cabin and belongings.

I am guessing when we smelled it in the hallway a Carnival employee did as well.

The CBP officers were cordial, respectful and put us at ease as they asked us questions and searched our stuff. We had no worries.

After ten minutes they returned our bags and said thank you.

Carnival and Customs did their jobs well.

And to Captain Smokey of the SS weed.........

You're an idiot!

People smoking has been a problem on several of our cruises except the last 2. Our neighbour on our 2nd to last cruise for the first week were a couple of young men. The brought their I-pod and a speaker for it. They had it up going so loud that it was louder than the music on the Lido deck. After 2 days of it I asked them to kindly just turn it down a little. They did however that night they decided to watch a movie, at the same level as the music was. We could "watch" the movie on our balcony. Since we had a back aft wrap and they had a aft balcony I guess they figured they wouldn't be bothering many people. I had to ask them to please turn it down a little as well. I didn't want them to turn it off however I felt like I was at a concert. On the last night (our first half of our B2B) they really had a lot to drink and it seems had made friends with a couple of ladies a couple of doors down. They were back and forth between the two rooms yelling and screaming until about 3-3:30 in the morning. The next people in the cabin were mad at us because they always get the back wrap aft balcony and were upset that we were in it. They were very quiet and hardly ever left the room and hardly ever used the balcony.

tigercat

3 total cruises for us, that equals 6 possible neighbors...never saw, never heard, never met any of them?

That is odd isn't it?

Then again, I am normnally out of our cabin by 5:30 or 6 AM and some times don't return till 8 or 9 PM, then down for the night. Once in awhile on sea days I might pop in once mid day to grab or drop off a pair of swimtrunks...but really not in the cabin area much?

10 cruises and I can't think of anything~! We've been very lucky :)

6 cruises here and we have been just as lucky .

One time the couple next door got a little loud in the "Throws of passion" , but that was actually kind of funny. :)

Some dumb@ss kids around us flushed a pair of underwear and a handtowel first thing early in the morning and jacked up the plumbing for a whole day. No shower, no. water, no toilet in the cabin for 24hrs. I didn't complain because I overheard the maintenance crew reapeatedly giving their thoughts to the parents of the kids that were in the cabin PLUS all the affected people loudly voicing their displeasure to the crew,kids,parents.

The worst thing was not our next door neighbors but a drunk guy knocking at our door by mistake on the Fantasy earlier this month after midnight. It was the first night of our cruise and DH's mother was in the cabin next to ours. We thought something had happened to her.

The second night was the teenagers talking very loudly outside our cabin also after midnight. They quieted down after I asked them to politely (without threatening to call security, although that was going to be my next step).

Our neighbor fought with his wife and locked her out of the cabin while she was on the balcony. She slept there all night...:eek:

Is it wrong of me that I find this extremely funny??

I've only been on 2 cruises (#3 in July) and I've never even met a neighbor.

Slamming balcony doors 24/7, it really doesn't take much effort to close it without letting it slam shut.

On one cruise, our stateroom was in the middle of a large church group from New York (I know this because they all wore t-shirts with the name of the church). A couple of the rooms had boom boxes and they all propped their stateroom doors open and tuned their boom boxes to the same station and hung out dancing and drinking in the corridors until the wee hours of the morning.

We filled out a room service card the first few nights before we went to bed and hung it on our door but we never received our orders and had to call down in the morning to place it verbally. One night I caught two girls in this group red handed taking our breakfast order form off our door and running into one of the staterooms. They are on a cruise someone would sacrifice anything to go on and they couldn't think of anything better to amuse themselves with than sneaking around and removing our room service card?

To this date,,nothing,,never seen or heard my neighbors. All HAL cruises were on a balcony so if there was smoking,,I dont remember (or care really,,,).

There were some college kids with herbs a few doors down on the Paradise,,I never knew it but saw them hauled away on the day we returned to Long Beach.

last cruise neighbor used the balcony as an unsupervised play pen! I was not sure who I wanted to slap the missing parents or the kids????? This went on every night!

Then of course had the drunk I can sing folks on the other side.....

Archived