Suite experience on Princess?

39august

The Princess web site does not show sq. ft. of suites. I did learn that suite pax get free laundry and dry cleaning. Can some of you please descrbie the suite experience on Princess? Size of suite and are there different catagories and sizes of suites? Perks? Tipping? etc. Not interested in mini-suites. Have been on Princes several times in the very early 2000's. Getting interested in the new Royal Princess.

Since you mentioned you are interested in the Royal, the cabin categories will be changing next year. I am not sure of the square footage, but there are 3 suite categories and they vary in size.

In terms of perks, in addition to the laundry you mentioned, my new favorite is breakfast at Sabatini's. A great way to start the day. Very few passengers in the place and nice to begin with a mimosa. My other in the top 3 of perks: free Internet and use of the thermal suite. Nice getting dinner menu in room and you can order in room if you want a relaxing evening.

I noticed on the deck plans there is a Concierge Lounge on the Royal Princess. I have not heard or I glanced too quickly over how this will work and who can use it.

Hope this helps and I'm sure others will mention items they enjoy as a suite guest. I think it's hard to beat Princess' suite perks. At least for the other lines I have looked into, no one comes close to the extras.

The Royal looks appealing to me also. I'm anxious to see what caribbean routes she does next winter.

Thanks. Any info about sq. ft. on other Princess ships like Sapphire or Coral? And do these ships have different size and catagories of suites, and if so what are they? Do these ships also offer breakfast in Sabatini's? That is one of our favorite perks with RCI, breakfast cooked to order in a specialty restaurant. Nice to hear of free internet and thermal suite.

Curently, the suite categories are Vista, Premium, Penthouse and Owner's. Location and size vary. I tend to like the aft Vista Suites. I don't know exact footage but i believe the Vista starts out in the high 400s. I also really like the split bathroom. There is a door separating the tub/shower from other part of bathroom. Lot easier for 2 people to get ready at the same time.

Sabatinis breakfast is available on all ships I believe. I'm not sure if one or two of the older ships don't have this option. I've read many reviews from suite passengers mentioning Sabatinis. It was great on The Ruby. There was a staff of 3, so you really get to know them and visa versa.

Some ships have window suites too -- they don't have a balcony but for the cost of a mini you get all the suite perks including 2 cruise credits. We plan to try one on the British Isle cruise in 2013 (we've previously had a PS suite on the Emerald and will be in a VS on the Sapphire in May) - it's a very port intensive cruise with the possibility of iffy weather. I figured it would be an opportunity to go without a balcony.

Some ships have window suites too -- they don't have a balcony but for the cost of a mini you get all the suite perks including 2 cruise credits. We plan to try one on the British Isle cruise in 2013 (we've previously had a PS suite on the Emerald and will be in a VS on the Sapphire in May) - it's a very port intensive cruise with the possibility of iffy weather. I figured it would be an opportunity to go without a balcony.

Fabulous idea! We've never tried a window suite, but like the price point.

Since you mentioned you are interested in the Royal, the cabin categories will be changing next year. I am not sure of the square footage, but there are 3 suite categories and they vary in size.

In terms of perks, in addition to the laundry you mentioned, my new favorite is breakfast at Sabatini's. A great way to start the day. Very few passengers in the place and nice to begin with a mimosa. My other in the top 3 of perks: free Internet and use of the thermal suite. Nice getting dinner menu in room and you can order in room if you want a relaxing evening.

I noticed on the deck plans there is a Concierge Lounge on the Royal Princess. I have not heard or I glanced too quickly over how this will work and who can use it.

Hope this helps and I'm sure others will mention items they enjoy as a suite guest. I think it's hard to beat Princess' suite perks. At least for the other lines I have looked into, no one comes close to the extras.

The Royal looks appealing to me also. I'm anxious to see what caribbean routes she does next winter.

Interesting, we have a VS on he Golden in October, but I do not see a "thermal suite" listed for the Golden. Is there something akin to that on the Golden or something that replaces that perk?

We had a VS suite on the Coral when we sailed in January 2012 We loved the experience.

While I don't know the sq. ft. of the cabin, it was spacious as was the balcony. The balcony had 2 loungers 2 chairs and a nice sized table. We easily entertained six others (total 8) on our balcony or in our cabin more than once.

We loved having free laundry and internet. While I thought about using the thermal suite, we didn't. Breakfast at Sabatini's was great as was the expanded room service menu, which we really took advantage of and entertained for breakfast the morning we went through the Canal. Afternoon treats were okay and enjoyed.

We had anytime dining and the head waiter in the Bordeax dining room was extremely attentive (in an appropriate way) and we rarely had to wait long for a table, whether there were 4, 6 or 8 of us.

I recommend the Princess suite experience, at least on ships with fewer suites.

The balcony had 2 loungers 2 chairs and a nice sized table. We easily entertained six others (total 8) on our balcony or in our cabin more than once. quote]

We always get four chairs with the big table not two and a small table.

LOVED IT so much we booked another one.

The concierge refers to (at least on the CB) ability to go to Skywalkers for canapes. Drinks are on you.

Loved the suite; unlimited Internet, free bar set up; flowers; daily canapes if you want them; Sabatini's for breakfast but did not know about the thermal suite. Ours had a name like an island; there is a San Juan Suite etc. Layout of the room was great; loved the bedding and would move in but they made us leave at the end of only 7 days:mad:

Capriccio did you notice any noise issues from the Lido deck above when you stayed in the penthouse suite on the Emerald? Some people have read that it is a problem. Did you notice any excessive noise? Thanks

Capriccio did you notice any noise issues from the Lido deck above when you stayed in the penthouse suite on the Emerald? Some people have read that it is a problem. Did you notice any excessive noise? Thanks

We were in a PS (premium suite) on the Emerald Princess - C749 if I remember correctly. We were next to the vent that some have complained about but we had no issues at all. We agree with everyone on Sabatinis and the unlimited wi-fi and laundry. We still have a ways to go to make elite - even with 2 cruise credits in a suite - but I've decided not to tell my husband that laundry is an elite benefit. He (who much prefers traveling only with a carry-on) may decide that we don't 'need' a suite anymore! The other perk we really liked was the thermal suite -- I just vegged out on the heated ceramic tile beds. He discovered that he loved saunas.

Thanks Capriccio for the information. Looks like you have some fun trips planned. We had the deck plans before we put the deposit down. I hit the wrong key, we are looking for information from people who have stayed in a penthouse suite on the Emerald.

The PH suites next to the owners suites are the noisy ones, the Caribe deck suites are fine. Owners and PH suites on Aloha deck on the Ruby were visable from the people on the balconies above, but no problems -noisy vent on Aloha deck, will only book Caribe deck PH. Owners suites on Grand, people from decks above can see down on you, but still more private than Ruby.

Grand GS L301 (above the spa) very noisy started at 4am carts rolling and then heard people walking and running all day. Would book a VS suite any day as no better treatment than in any other suite, even when you book two back to back. Have had friends and family who were treated better in balcony and mini suite rooms than us -no not elite (them). The worst service we have ever had in a suite was in our GS, once we moved to the OS we were treated better (b2b) not sure why-strange. we booked the GS for Southern Caribbean and booked the OS for the second leg as eastern caribbean as great views and sunsets from the back of the ship for these ports.

VS suites are hard to get-everybody wants them, if you find one grab it!

My first Princess cruise I was upgraded from a mini to a VS E733 on the Golden. So I am very fond of that suite. Maybe because it was my first experience, but it seemed extra large especially balcony an d bathroom. When I was checking out on CC previous comments, some folks complained about the aft E deck on Golden hearing noise from the deck below, believe club fusion is below but I don't remember, anyway I had no problem with noise.

The suites on the Pacific (and Ocean) are great - basicially two rooms with one and half baths. The rear suites have a balcony that goes the length of the suite with two doors. Lots of space (except for drawers - for some reason minimal space). No thermal suite but the free laundry, free internet and breakfast at Sabitinis were my favorite perks. The staff at the latter knew us with in days and remembered what we wanted. They would say hi when they saw us out of "context" as well. We also did both lunch and dinner in our cabin picking off the MDR menu a time or two.

My first Princess cruise I was upgraded from a mini to a VS E733 on the Golden. So I am very fond of that suite. Maybe because it was my first experience, but it seemed extra large especially balcony an d bathroom. When I was checking out on CC previous comments, some folks complained about the aft E deck on Golden hearing noise from the deck below, believe club fusion is below but I don't remember, anyway I had no problem with noise.

Thanks.

They may have done a "remodel" as the vista lounge is now on the deck below. The stage is catty-corner on the port side, but there are only seats below ours.

Ours is a 14 day RT to Hawaii so I tend to think an older demographic will be on-board with less late-night noisy stuff. (we hope!)

Thanks for the comment.

We had a suite on the Sea Princess-C749 which is aft. A couple perks not yet mentioned was a one time mini bar set up, daily canapés delivered to your cabin, and an invitation to tour the bridge. The bathroom was separated, commode and sink in one area and tub, shower and sink in another, connected by a door. It was a wonderful cabin, and the balcony was huge! Well worth the extra expense on a 30 day cruise.

We had a suite on the Sea Princess-C749 which is aft. A couple perks not yet mentioned was a one time mini bar set up, daily canapés delivered to your cabin, and an invitation to tour the bridge. The bathroom was separated, commode and sink in one area and tub, shower and sink in another, connected by a door. It was a wonderful cabin, and the balcony was huge! Well worth the extra expense on a 30 day cruise.

MiniBar set up? As in the first round is on them? If so, do we specify or request what items we'd like to have (more wine, less liquor)

thanks

slomo

Wine is not included in the set up. I think a few people have said they traded all the liquor for a bottle of wine. Have never tried to.

A bridge tour is not one of the perks. SOmetimes the captain will invite suite people but I think that only happens on longer cruises and it is up to the captain.

Interesting, we have a VS on he Golden in October, but I do not see a "thermal suite" listed for the Golden. Is there something akin to that on the Golden or something that replaces that perk?
The Golden and the Grand do not have Thermal Suites. All other Grand Class ships starting with the Star have TS as well as the Island/Coral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wine is not included in the set up. I think a few people have said they traded all the liquor for a bottle of wine. Have never tried to.

We tried to exchange all the mini liquor bottles for wine. Could not do it on the Coral in January. We could change it to bottled water.

Archived