Pet Peeves

SewMuch

I call a thong " Butt floss " ewwwww :eek:

Until you've worn one, don't knock it. A friend practically FORCED me to try one, and I was instantly hooked. I don't wear the string type. Seriously, a thong that fits properly with a style like these: http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265748841185&c=Page&cid=1329190977570&pagename=vsdWrapper are far more comfortable than ANY underwear I've ever worn.

For those of you that hate hats in the dining room - how do you feel about them on people that have lost their hair due to chemotherapy and their head is cold?

I don't believe any of us were talking about that......:(

of course if one is going through chemo they would be dressed

in the most way for themselves.......I would say for those going

through treatments? Please wear whatever you feel best in....

My mom died of Ovarian and lost her hair...she ended up wearing

wigs.......

Personally, I was referring to the guys walking in with baseball caps

(either the cap backwards or not) and in my opinion it looks bad.

But what do I know?:eek:

Some of you made me LOL with your peeves!

Hope I don't offend but...large busted women and strapless dresses where their breasts are pushed up and WAYYYY out! I am always afraid that the top might accidentally slip and everything will fall down!

I agree with the men in the MDR in baseball hats....or even wearing them 24/7! I often wonder if they wear them to bed! LOL

A public service announcement: Just to make it clear, obviously anyone that wears a hat, or comfy shoes, or support stockings, or other special clothing items for medical reasons obviously gets a free fashion pass.

Now back to the fun!

Until you've worn one, don't knock it. A friend practically FORCED me to try one, and I was instantly hooked. I don't wear the string type. Seriously, a thong that fits properly with a style like these: http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265748841185&c=Page&cid=1329190977570&pagename=vsdWrapper are far more comfortable than ANY underwear I've ever worn.

I have nothing against thong underwear or any other type of underwear a person chooses as long as they keep the choice to themselves. It's just a little bit weirder to see thong underwear showing panty lines than other types of underwear :p Isn't the point to avoid panty lines? If worn too tight and the pants/dress/skirt are too tight and the lines show, what is the point?

And...I've had enough of pants worn too tight/too loose and so low we get to see the thong when a person bends over. Therefore, I vote a new pet peeve of mine is butt crack, with a thong or boxers not quite covering. I include men in my pet peeve, I really don't want to see your underpants or butt crack...really.

Makes me feel old that I don't care for any underwear showing, not even bras. If you have to have your bra straps showing - #1 make sure your bra is clean and #2 wear a pretty color or pattern, there is a lot out there to choose from in every price point. I'd rather see a tank top with colorful bra straps than dirty white straps or no bra at all.

Someone, somewhere will take offense to this thread. It happens every couple of years when threads like these crop up. So don't be surprised if someone starts to get angry and the thread gets pulled.

I have nothing against thong underwear or any other type of underwear a person chooses as long as they keep the choice to themselves. It's just a little bit weirder to see thong underwear showing panty lines than other types of underwear :p Isn't the point to avoid panty lines? If worn too tight and the pants/dress/skirt are too tight and the lines show, what is the point?

And...I've had enough of pants worn too tight/too loose and so low we get to see the thong when a person bends over. Therefore, I vote a new pet peeve of mine is butt crack, with a thong or boxers not quite covering. I include men in my pet peeve, I really don't want to see your underpants or butt crack...really.

Makes me feel old that I don't care for any underwear showing, not even bras. If you have to have your bra straps showing - #1 make sure your bra is clean and #2 wear a pretty color or pattern, there is a lot out there to choose from in every price point. I'd rather see a tank top with colorful bra straps than dirty white straps or no bra at all.

Someone, somewhere will take offense to this thread. It happens every couple of years when threads like these crop up. So don't be surprised if someone starts to get angry and the thread gets pulled.

Hi Kathy:)....LOL...you know that saying, "The more things change,

the more they stay the same"........ ;)

This one will get me into trouble since they are in style right now, but I just keep thinking of it. I see them posted here on CC and they are in the group of dresses I just can't bring myself to comment that I think the dress is pretty. Not when all the other comments are so encouraging. But since this is a pet peeve thread and not a favorites, or opinions on a dress thread here I go.

Uneven hems. Can't stand them. Whether it is a handkerchief hem or the back is long and the front is short, or even one side at an angle. I don't know why, they just seem so trendy and I rarely care for trendy. To me trendy looks cheap. I always think the person will be so sorry they wore that in a photo 10 years from now.

We all have our own sense of style and eye for what pleases us. A dress long in the back and short in the front, reminds me of a mullet haircut. When I was cutting hair, way back in the early 80's when mullets started coming around, we called it "make up your mind" haircut. Actually, it wasn't quite that nice ;)

I agree, I don't want to see anyone's underwear--be it hanging out of their clothing or through it. That said, even when I wear properly fitting pants my panties show if I'm wearing bikinis or briefs. My thong doesn't.

Which bring me to another of my pet peeves--boy cut underwear--that line across the butt always shows and in my opinion it looks hideous!

And I couldn't agree more, there's nothing worse than dingy white bra straps hanging out of tops. I will sometimes wear a cami style top at home, but even then I wear a pretty bra with the narrowest straps possible under it. And unless I'm in bed or the shower, I'm never bra-less!

I agree with most other's peeves. Now for mine. My peeves include the above mentioned but the biggest is those who judge other people. The most important thing here is if you feel like you look your best in clean clothes, clean hair and polished shoes that is ok with me.

Judee

Agreed!

I agree with most other's peeves. Now for mine. My peeves include the above mentioned but the biggest is those who judge other people. The most important thing here is if you feel like you look your best in clean clothes, clean hair and polished shoes that is ok with me.

Judee

My pet peeve has to be T shirts. To me they are a lazy way of getting dressed, male or female. Shapeless and cheap looking. They highlight big bellies on men, hard to tell if a person is male or female much of the time. I don't own even one, my husband has one for wearing to do yardwork.

T-Shirts are lazy? Really? I have never heard of something like that. I am a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl on the weekends after wearing combat boots all week.

I find t-shirts and jeans can be dressy. The pet peeve I have is people who think t-shirts and jeans are low end items when mine cost over $100 for the jeans and some of my t-shirts also come close to that price. People who think their under $30 "dress shorts" are nicer than my $100 designer denim shorts. Trust me, people can tell cheap brands over expensive brands.

Now my question is for the non t-shirt wearer is what do you where when you exercise? Garden? (Oh you said your husband cuts the grass in his one t-shirt.) People who exercise frequently own and wear t-shirts, athletic shirts to be more precise but are still t-shirts. I wear under armour v-deck athletic t-shirts all the time and in the gym. In fact, I am wearing one right now.

Uh Oh. I think the t-shirt issue is one of those "agree to disagree" items.

Maybe. LoL. And perhaps I came off too harsh when I did not mean to. I just don't feel t-shirts are lazy or sloppy in itself. I see people in non t-shirts who look lazy and sloppy. It is all about presentation and how you carry yourself. I also don't agree you can not tell male from female in t-shirts. If you can't tell, there are bigger issues than what clothes they have own (with either the person wearing the tshirt or the person judging them).

My family you can tell male from female.

This one will get me into trouble since they are in style right now, but I just keep thinking of it. I see them posted here on CC and they are in the group of dresses I just can't bring myself to comment that I think the dress is pretty. Not when all the other comments are so encouraging. But since this is a pet peeve thread and not a favorites, or opinions on a dress thread here I go.

Uneven hems. Can't stand them. Whether it is a handkerchief hem or the back is long and the front is short, or even one side at an angle. I don't know why, they just seem so trendy and I rarely care for trendy. To me trendy looks cheap. I always think the person will be so sorry they wore that in a photo 10 years from now.

We all have our own sense of style and eye for what pleases us. A dress long in the back and short in the front, reminds me of a mullet haircut. When I was cutting hair, way back in the early 80's when mullets started coming around, we called it "make up your mind" haircut. Actually, it wasn't quite that nice ;)

:D Tell us how you really feel. Now I think that I will try to buy one just because. LOL

Judee

We all judge to a certain degree, whether we want to admit it or not. If not, there would be no first impressions, no one would bother to try to look good and if a person wants to be recognized for their style (biker, hip-hop, sophisticated, whatever you choose) there would be no way to recognize that.

So it has nothing to do with judging, but how you respond with grace or disgust. I may have my pet peeves, but I'd never make negative assumptions because of them. Very nice people have dirty bra straps and wear jeans and T shirts.

T-Shirts are lazy? Really? I have never heard of something like that. I am a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl on the weekends after wearing combat boots all week.

I find t-shirts and jeans can be dressy. The pet peeve I have is people who think t-shirts and jeans are low end items when mine cost over $100 for the jeans and some of my t-shirts also come close to that price. People who think their under $30 "dress shorts" are nicer than my $100 designer denim shorts. Trust me, people can tell cheap brands over expensive brands.

Now my question is for the non t-shirt wearer is what do you where when you exercise? Garden? (Oh you said your husband cuts the grass in his one t-shirt.) People who exercise frequently own and wear t-shirts, athletic shirts to be more precise but are still t-shirts. I wear under armour v-deck athletic t-shirts all the time and in the gym. In fact, I am wearing one right now.

V neck or tank top womens cut shirt to walk in, the husband only does yard work once a week so only needs that one shirt. He runs at home on the treadmill, no shirt required there.

But I still don't think T shirts (or athletic shirts) are meant for fashion.

I'm very aware nice jeans can look dressed up, but what I'm writing about is just plain old T shirts and jeans, sloppy and lazy (to me). You can tell if a person rolled out of bed and just threw on any old T shirt and jeans.

I have tried on some of the expensive jeans and really can't tell what the big difference is, some of them are over $300. I pay around $75-100 for mine and I love the way they fit. I'm too old for hip huggers, I go for the Not Your Daughters jeans, I'd look stupid in a pair of low slung jeans and I know better. I have a mirror and I use it.

Edit to add, I'm not arguing with anyone, I find the discussion more interesting if we don't agree! I'm also not saying anyone else is any more right or wrong than I am, we are all different (hence the judgement of others) and it's all fine.

:

:D Tell us how you really feel. Now I think that I will try to buy one just because. LOL

:):D;;)

See, I knew it!

I just see these threads or pics of butt ugly dresses (to me) and how so many people fawn over them. I do hold back my negative thoughts there! But this thread isn't about the positive, so I feel I can make those comments here.

I may not like them and I realize my choices may not be the next persons favorites either, that's fine. There are so many times I wish I could really express how I perceive a dress pic posted, I want to say things like it looks old fashioned, or matronly or sleazy or too young for the person, but I don't. On the other hand I will state when I think an article of clothing, shoes, etc... looks good (to me).

:

:):D;;)

See, I knew it!

I just see these threads or pics of butt ugly dresses (to me) and how so many people fawn over them. I do hold back my negative thoughts there! But this thread isn't about the positive, so I feel I can make those comments here.

I may not like them and I realize my choices may not be the next persons favorites either, that's fine. There are so many times I wish I could really express how I perceive a dress pic posted, I want to say things like it looks old fashioned, or matronly or sleazy or too young for the person, but I don't. On the other hand I will state when I think an article of clothing, shoes, etc... looks good (to me).

Hehe... see you typed it... and I totally agree. LOLOL hehe...

I'm sorry, but if you are wearing a thong and your bottom wiggles and jiggles like jelly, save the rest of us from the slinky dresses that seem to always find their way in between the cheeks...

Sorry...

I HATE that too. You end up seeing it a lot on vacation too cause those poly spandex garments pack so well.

Socks and sandals together. Also, men who wear knee high socks (with sandals or other shoes) and shorts. If the only thing showing is your knees then why not just wear pants :confused:

I despise socks with sandals. Why people?

I hate seeing women's boobs spilling out over their bra underneath their shirts. It looks sloppy. I want to grab them and take them to Victoria's Secret ASAP. OMG and Mom jeans. Those are the worst. No woman looks good in high waisted, pleated, tapered jeans in a light wash. I also hate camel toe but that may not be an appropriate one for this board.

I want to grab them and take them to Victoria's Secret ASAP.

Please, for the love of all that is holy don't send them to Vickie's. Send them to a corsetry shop. Some place like Mi-Lady or Lady Grace, staffed by two women that are older than Moses' toes and wear the firmest shapewear you ever saw. They call you "Dearie" and take you to a changing room, measure you, and then bring bras to you. And the numbers on the bras don't match the numbers on the tape and they tell you it doesn't matter because "The one that fits is the size you wear". And when you finally step out of the dressing room, after four bras or forty, and the girls are sitting up proud on your chest and the underwire doesn't dig and you wonder WHAT TOOK SO LONG. And then they ring you up and it's $235 for three bras (if you're lucky!).

THAT is where they need to go.

Archived