Maasdam review

lawyerrose

I wrote my review of my WONDERFUL cruise on the Maasdam. It should be posted soon.

Great ship. There were plenty of lounge chairs available with a view on the teak wrap-around deck. I know cuz I used them.

Food was great, service was excellent.

Afternoon tea was disappointing b/c it was buffet style. IMHO that's not the way to serve tea. :( But that was my ONLY negative.

One of the nicest vacations I've had. Feel free to ask questions.:)

I cannot wait to read your review! Was the movie theater showing movies on a daily basis?

I think there might have been one day they didn't show a movie. But mostly the answer is yes. I loved the dedicated theatre.

I think there might have been one day they didn't show a movie. But mostly the answer is yes. I loved the dedicated theatre.
There was a movie every night:

1 Crazy, Stupid, Love

2 Tower Heist

3 The Way

4 Real Steal

5 The Help

6 Midnight in Paris

7 The Three Musketeers

8 Moneyball

9 Captain America

10 The Ides of March

11 One Day

Happy you had a great Maasdam cruise. No secret how much we love that ship and her crew. :)

I can't find your review.

Is there a way you could post it here? copy and paste it maybe?

Thanks if you think about doing that.

Happy you had a great Maasdam cruise. No secret how much we love that ship and her crew. :)

I can't find your review.

Is there a way you could post it here? copy and paste it maybe?

Thanks if you think about doing that.

I should be able to do that. Let me try.

Lovely Maasdam!

The Maasdam is a lovely ship. Perfect size for me, with its beautiful teak promenade deck. Our veranda cabin was roomy with plenty of closet and storage space and a jetted tub in the bathroom. The usual comfy beds!! Nice snuggly robes, slippers, and a cooler to keep the non-alcoholic beer and champagne we'd brought on board.

The service couldn't have been better, especially our dining room waiter. We had main seating at 8 p.m. I got room service every morning, specifying the time and they always were prompt, within five minutes of when I'd asked for it. Very impressive. I love that you can get a full breakfast in your room if you want. But I went up to the Lido when I wanted to indulge in Eggs Benedict!

I loved exploring islands I hadn't yet visited; like St. Croix, St. Vincent, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. Arranged for private tours with folks from our roll call, which worked out well. Took HAL's zip lining excursion in Barbados, and it couldn't have been better. HAL's price was actually cheaper than booking it directly.

Entertainment was generally pretty good, though I didn't go every night. We loved the crew's show and the comedian, Jeff something.

The one and only disappointment was afternoon tea, including Royal Dutch tea. It was served buffet style, which really saddened me to see. That's not the way to do tea, IMHO.

The Yum-Yum man was there, glad to say! Love that strong ginger!

After so many ports, it was great to have the last couple days as sea days to just relax and spoil myself at the spa. Used spa services a lot and the staff couldn't have been nicer.

From start to finish, this was one of the best cruises I've had. I love the smaller ships, with their more intimate ambiance. I feel more connected with the sea than when on the larger ships with 2-3 thousand other passengers.

What a wonderful review, LawyerRose. Makes me even more eager to return to the beautiful Maasdam. :)

Thank you for posting it here. Kind of you to do that.

Thanks. I just loved her - what a perfect little ship. Elegant and graceful. I thought she was the prettiest one in port the day we were in St. Martin. By far. What really made the whole cruise special, though, was the gracious, friendly, helpful staff!!! I haven't found that - not like HAL - on any other line. Granted, I haven't cruised them all - but what HAL has is special. IMHO.

Jeff Burghart; very funny guy; does a great Jack Nicholson:)

That's right, that's his name! YES, I LOVED his Jack Nicholson!!!! Facial expressions, voice, everything spot on. I thought I'd pee myself laughing so hard!!!! I could have easily watched another hour of him!

We are booked for April 16th cruise & would like to know which nights are formal nights. Thanks for the nice review. We were on the Maasdam to NewEngland/Canada cruise in 2009 & fell in love with her and are really looking forward to this cruise.

I enjoyed your review. I am sailing on the Maasdam this coming Friday 4/6. It's good Friday and for me it certainly will be good. I was on the Ryndam in February and loved it. The S class ships are the best. I hope they sail forever.

I will write a review when I return.

Archived