Upgrade - Worth It?

HamOp

I just got an offer from HAL to upgrade to a Deluxe Verandah Suite on our 7 day Bermuda cruise next month. The upgrade is $349 per person.

Never had a suite before, and now I need to know if this was a good deal.

After a quick phone call to the wife, we decided to take it.

Suite life here I come!:eek:

Doesn't matter if it was a good deal or not-it's done so enjoy it! It's nice to try the suites and see if you like them and if you think they are worth the money. We have been in a deluxe verandah suite twice and really loved them but we can't afford to do that very often.

I hope you truly love the suite life-use all the perks they offer (breakfast in the Pinnacle, free laundry, Neptune lounge just to name a few). Let us know what you think. Have a wonderful time!

I think it's a very good deal.

After all, on Veendam you're upgrading from a balcony cabin (BC - A), not a SZ - SS like on a Vista/Signature.

New booking prices I'm looking at are $1400 pp for BC, $3,000 pp for S.

I'd take it, too! Congratulations - you'll be spoiled.

We bought the upgrade from a verandah to a deluxe suite on the Bermuda cruise last summer and LOVED it! It's so nice to have the Neptune right there for morning coffee and snacks and drinks during the day. The concierges will do anything possible to make your cruise the best possible experience. Use them! My husband went to the Pinnacle for breakfast every morning and really enjoyed the service and the quiet start to the day. We realized at the end of the cruise that we hadn't been in the Lido once. The room is fantastic, spacious and convenient. I loved the separate dressing room and dressing table. The balcony is huge. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

I just got an offer from HAL to upgrade to a Deluxe Verandah Suite on our 7 day Bermuda cruise next month. The upgrade is $349 per person.

Never had a suite before, and now I need to know if this was a good deal.

After a quick phone call to the wife, we decided to take it.

Suite life here I come!:eek:

Hope that's making room for me to have a veranda:D;). Can I ask where you started at?

I think it's a very good deal.

After all, on Veendam you're upgrading from a balcony cabin (BC - A), not a SZ - SS like on a Vista/Signature.

New booking prices I'm looking at are $1400 pp for BC, $3,000 pp for S.

I'd take it, too! Congratulations - you'll be spoiled.

I agree , just wonder why there is such a price differnce it seems its alot less on other HAL ships?? Pinnacle for breakfast is great also free dry cleaning etc etc

Suites are expensive on these ships - personally, I think you made a great decision. Make sure to take advantage of all your perks. Remember it's not just free laundry, it's free drycleaning too:D enjoy the suite life:)

Unfortunately, you may never be able to go back to a 'regular' veranda after this. I know I've not been able to go back since my first upsell to a Deluxe Suite on the Maasdam
Yep, I can see where that would be a problem. Oh God, what have I done?

Suites are expensive on these ships - personally, I think you made a great decision. Make sure to take advantage of all your perks. Remember it's not just free laundry, it's free drycleaning too:D enjoy the suite life:)

Thanks, Kazu.. We're really looking forward to all the perks.

Archived