Epic Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/March 23rd, 2012 Sailing

What an awesome review!! I'm going on this cruise for my honeymoon next year, and I'm becoming a bit obsessed already. I just got off of the legend last week and I have to direct my cruise energy somewhere I suppose, but it won't be until September of 2013. Ugh! I don't know how I'll be able to wait that long!

This has gotten me even more excited and you guys seem like the exact kind of people that my fiancé and I end up finding. Good times would be had by all, for sure! Glad you guys had such a fun trip!

dms361, If you liked this review you would love her June 2010 Fantasy 6 day review! Warning it is long:eek: but well worth the read. David...

What an awesome review!! I'm going on this cruise for my honeymoon next year, and I'm becoming a bit obsessed already. I just got off of the legend last week and I have to direct my cruise energy somewhere I suppose, but it won't be until September of 2013. Ugh! I don't know how I'll be able to wait that long!

This has gotten me even more excited and you guys seem like the exact kind of people that my fiancé and I end up finding. Good times would be had by all, for sure! Glad you guys had such a fun trip!

I totally understand the obsession thing. I have been on these boards pretty much daily since our 2010 cruise. It's just torture when you dont have a countdown to look at. I think I will book our next cruise several months out because I felt that this most recent cruise was booked and then it was time to sail. I guess I enjoy that anticipation part. :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Great review.

Thank you for saying so!

Loved the review, just plain REFRESHING!:D

Thank you keystonemama. I really enjoy writing these things! I need to get back to writing my blog that I started. I guess I have commitment issues. :p

dms361, If you liked this review you would love her June 2010 Fantasy 6 day review! Warning it is long:eek: but well worth the read. David...

Thanks David! I hope we end up taking that December cruise. Then I will have a 5 day review, 6 day review and then a 7 day! That and I just really cant wait to see HMC again.

In February of 2011 we were supposed to go on our anniversary cruise but since the fire occurred a month prior, we were unable to go. There were some dark days (weeks/months) that followed and I reached out to many people during the Andrew's recovery period. Friends, relatives, bloggers, facebook folks and one of those people was John Heald.

I just told him our story and how sad I was that we would not be taking a cruise that year and that we hoped to do some some time soon. Flash forward to January of this year when we booked and I contacted him again and told him that we had finally booked our cruise and how excited that I was. He asked me to contact him 3 days before our cruise with our cabin number and we did. I never really expected anything but had heard that this happened on occasion. I had seen multiple people on his blog that were very rude and demanding, asking for things. :rolleyes: I honestly just wanted to share with him our excitement and told him such.

Such a wonderful man and the Andrew seriously was touched and teary-eyed that someone he didnt even know would take the time to acknowledge him. :o

I read your 2010 review and loved it. I also read about the fire ya'll had. I cannot imagine what ya'll went through. I think that it's wonderful that John and Rissa sent you those things. I can't think of anyone that deserves it more after the year the two of you had. Glad that it's working out and you're able to start cruising again.

Loved this review also! Looks like you had a great time and met many great people. I hope to cruise with ya'll one day. You look like a fun couple. We haven't cruised from Charleston but have been there twice. I love the Fantasy class ships.

BTW what is a twilight Zone? Never heard if it.

I read your 2010 review and loved it. I also read about the fire ya'll had. I cannot imagine what ya'll went through. I think that it's wonderful that John and Rissa sent you those things. I can't think of anyone that deserves it more after the year the two of you had. Glad that it's working out and you're able to start cruising again.

Loved this review also! Looks like you had a great time and met many great people. I hope to cruise with ya'll one day. You look like a fun couple. We haven't cruised from Charleston but have been there twice. I love the Fantasy class ships.

BTW what is a twilight Zone? Never heard if it.

Thank you. It was a really tough year but we pushed through it. The Andrew was so happy on the cruise. He had tons of people to talk to. He doesnt get out too much in the country so he talked to anyone that he encountered. Once we got home, he really missed all that conversation. It is taking all my effort to keep his spirits high. He keeps saying that if we win the lottery we are going to move onboard a Carnival ship. He is also researching B2B cruises. I keep reminding him....we are broke! :p

I found this recipe for the Twilight Zone:

"Twilight Zone"

1oz Bacardi Light Rum

1/2oz Melon Liqueur

1 1/2oz coconut cream

5oz crushed ice

float of Blue Curaco

Blend all ingredients except Blue Curaco unti smooth, then float Blue Curaco over the top

Thank you. It was a really tough year but we pushed through it. The Andrew was so happy on the cruise. He had tons of people to talk to. He doesnt get out too much in the country so he talked to anyone that he encountered. Once we got home, he really missed all that conversation. It is taking all my effort to keep his spirits high. He keeps saying that if we win the lottery we are going to move onboard a Carnival ship. He is also researching B2B cruises. I keep reminding him....we are broke! :p

I found this recipe for the Twilight Zone:

"Twilight Zone"

1oz Bacardi Light Rum

1/2oz Melon Liqueur

1 1/2oz coconut cream

5oz crushed ice

float of Blue Curaco

Blend all ingredients except Blue Curaco unti smooth, then float Blue Curaco over the top

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds so good. I am going to have to try it. Funny thing is we were just in Curacao and could've gotten blue curacao really cheap but I figured I didn't need it. LOL

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds so good. I am going to have to try it. Funny thing is we were just in Curacao and could've gotten blue curacao really cheap but I figured I didn't need it. LOL

HAHA! That's almost like when you throw something away because you never use it and then....you end up needing it awhile later. Ya just wanna kick yourself in the derrierre dont ya? LOL

Thank you keystonemama. I really enjoy writing these things! I need to get back to writing my blog that I started. I guess I have commitment issues. :p

Thanks David! I hope we end up taking that December cruise. Then I will have a 5 day review, 6 day review and then a 7 day! That and I just really cant wait to see HMC again.

Nancy, Just do it! Book the 12/8/12 Fantasy. With my early tendering I can get you & the Andrew to HMC early.:rolleyes:

Nancy, Just do it! Book the 12/8/12 Fantasy. With my early tendering I can get you & the Andrew to HMC early.:rolleyes:

It is so tempting to book it but money is super tight right now. Pfft. I dont even have enough for a deposit. We are going to start saving what we can each week and see how it pans out. If the Andrew could get a job in the near future it would make it sooooo much easier.

Nancy, just read your reviews from March and 2010 and I have to say they are great. I appreciate the beach information. Me, the wife, and kids (14 and 17) are going in June and I needed some options that didn't break the bank. The pictures you posted brought back alot of memories from last year when the wife and I cruised on the Fantasy by ourselves. We did the snorkeling excursion in Nassau and rented mopeds in Freeport. Wish I had enough money to do it again with the kids but I'm like most, the bills keep getting bigger than the paychecks. Anyhow thanks again.

Nancy, just read your reviews from March and 2010 and I have to say they are great. I appreciate the beach information. Me, the wife, and kids (14 and 17) are going in June and I needed some options that didn't break the bank. The pictures you posted brought back alot of memories from last year when the wife and I cruised on the Fantasy by ourselves. We did the snorkeling excursion in Nassau and rented mopeds in Freeport. Wish I had enough money to do it again with the kids but I'm like most, the bills keep getting bigger than the paychecks. Anyhow thanks again.

You are welcome. I know exactly what you are saying about the bills getting bigger. When do they get smaller? I really wanna know. Then I could afford to cruise EVERY year.

I feel so bad that my kids have never been on a cruise and I have been on 4 without them. I keep telling them, once they begin behaving then I will take them. Now that my oldest is in A.I.T in Virginia, I am out of excuses. For him at least. (Still working on 17 year old brother) My next cruise will be with the Andrew and my 19 year old. Hopefully I can keep him away from the drinky drinks. :eek:

Just wanted to say thanks for the great review. I really enjoyed your last review, and read how excited you were when you booked this one...so I've been looking forward to reading this! (Somehow missed it when you first posted.)

We haven't even taken our first cruise yet, but reading other review of ships I won't even be on has become my new past time. :o And you're definitely an inspiration to attempt my own photo review when we return.

I hope the $$$$ sitch works out & you guys get to cruise in Dec.!

Just wanted to say thanks for the great review. I really enjoyed your last review, and read how excited you were when you booked this one...so I've been looking forward to reading this! (Somehow missed it when you first posted.)

We haven't even taken our first cruise yet, but reading other review of ships I won't even be on has become my new past time. :o And you're definitely an inspiration to attempt my own photo review when we return.

I hope the $$$$ sitch works out & you guys get to cruise in Dec.!

Thank you! Be prepared to be bitten with the cruising bug. It is highly addictive. Just like you, I also read posts of ships that I know I will probably never sail on just because I love to see how other people enjoy their time on vacation and I always learn a trick or two.

You are so lucky to have found this site before you are going on your first cruise. I cannot believe how much I missed going on my first cruise blindly. We actually almost missed our first cruise because my friend, who booked it, said that check in was at 4pm (like a hotel). Um, NO. SAILAWAY was at 4pm. :eek:

AHHH thanks!! ur pics are helping make my wait till Aug that much better.. ok not better but more bearable.. and also see the bar credits i never was aware of and might look into.. :) were they delivered in your room waiting? how did those work? thanks!!

AHHH thanks!! ur pics are helping make my wait till Aug that much better.. ok not better but more bearable.. and also see the bar credits i never was aware of and might look into.. :) were they delivered in your room waiting? how did those work? thanks!!

Hey there. Glad I am helping to ease that horrible tick-tock of the countdown clock.

A co-worker called Carnival before my sailing and bought the bar coupons for me (unbeknownst to me). They were delivered to the dining room on the first night at dinner and they told me who they were from. There were 5 coupons valued at $5.75 each. I am definitely going to be investing in these for my next sailing. It made the gratuity less because they took the 15% gratuity on the amount AFTER they took off the $5.75.

When I would place my order, I would tell the bartender what I wanted and let him know then that I had a coupon. He would then take it, and my sail and sign card and ring it up. One of my drinks only cost me 58 cents after the coupon. Crazay!

Hey there. Glad I am helping to ease that horrible tick-tock of the countdown clock.

A co-worker called Carnival before my sailing and bought the bar coupons for me (unbeknownst to me). They were delivered to the dining room on the first night at dinner and they told me who they were from. There were 5 coupons valued at $5.75 each. I am definitely going to be investing in these for my next sailing. It made the gratuity less because they took the 15% gratuity on the amount AFTER they took off the $5.75.

When I would place my order, I would tell the bartender what I wanted and let him know then that I had a coupon. He would then take it, and my sail and sign card and ring it up. One of my drinks only cost me 58 cents after the coupon. Crazay!

thats awesome! and makes ur bill at the end of the trip less! :)

thats awesome! and makes ur bill at the end of the trip less! :)

It really does! We put $225.00 on the Andrew's S&S and $200.00 on mine at Guest Services when we boarded. We ended up owing 68 cents at the end.

Our costs included that $50.00 bottle of room service rum, 1 picture at $20.00, another picture at about$12.00 & the special liquor that we purchased to take off the ship when we debarked at $20.00 (2 Bacardi 1 liters). So, the rest was mostly buckets o beer and froo froo drinks. :)

Really liked your review. We will be on the Fantasy in a couple of weeks and are looking for a good place for a meet & greet. You may have mentioned that and I missed it - did y'all have a M&G and where?

Thanks.

Really liked your review. We will be on the Fantasy in a couple of weeks and are looking for a good place for a meet & greet. You may have mentioned that and I missed it - did y'all have a M&G and where?

Thanks.

We just dropped in at Cat's Lounge on the first sea day around 10:30am. The place was empty so we just sat around and chatted with each other for about a half hour or so.

We didnt have a planned/scheduled M&G through Carnival though. One day I would like to have a group big enough that we could do the cocktail party (I think it's about $12.00 pp in advance for an hour of "free" cocktails) and I really want to do a Cabin Crawl too. One day! :)

Hi Nancy, My heart skipped a beat when I saw your new review! I read your previous review over and over before we took our first Fantasy cruise. We have now been on the Fantasy twice! I love your positive writing style. I feel like you have touched a lot of people with your story. I noticed how your smiles got bigger each day of your cruise!

We went to Deadman's Reef this past December - loved it. Actually organized got a group of over 25 cruise critic members from our roll call. They picked us up right outside the gates.

We are cruising in September on the Carnival Dream to the Western Caribbean with our friends and family. Wish we could add a December cruise too! Thanks again for sharing your trip with us. ~Terry

Hi Nancy, My heart skipped a beat when I saw your new review! I read your previous review over and over before we took our first Fantasy cruise. We have now been on the Fantasy twice! I love your positive writing style. I feel like you have touched a lot of people with your story. I noticed how your smiles got bigger each day of your cruise!

We went to Deadman's Reef this past December - loved it. Actually organized got a group of over 25 cruise critic members from our roll call. They picked us up right outside the gates.

We are cruising in September on the Carnival Dream to the Western Caribbean with our friends and family. Wish we could add a December cruise too! Thanks again for sharing your trip with us. ~Terry

Hello Terry. Thank you for reading and noticing our smiles growing daily. We absolutely love to cruise and this year was extra special which made us even smilier!

Next time we want to Deadman's Reef for sure. How were the currents out there? As a not so superb swimmer, I wouldnt want to get swept away. :rolleyes: Did you feel rushed? Did you feel as though you may miss the boat? How long was the ride out there?

Hello Terry. Thank you for reading and noticing our smiles growing daily. We absolutely love to cruise and this year was extra special which made us even smilier!

Next time we want to Deadman's Reef for sure. How were the currents out there? As a not so superb swimmer, I wouldnt want to get swept away. :rolleyes: Did you feel rushed? Did you feel as though you may miss the boat? How long was the ride out there?

I think it took less than 30 minutes to get to Deadman's Reef. There was a little bit of a current, but nothing that made me uncomfortable. They give you a swim belt with your snorkeling equipment and you have to take a short lesson before going out to the reef. The snorkeling out to the reef is real shallow. Then you go past the tall coral - you will see this on photos - and then the water is about 30 feet deep. I just floated with my swim belt and felt comfortable doing this. There's lots of fish, some people saw turtles and stingrays. I happily didn't see the stingray !

They are very prompt in returning emails too: http://www.deadmansreef.com/cruiseships.htm

I didn't feel rushed at all. They give you a scheduled time to go back to the ship and actually kept a roster of our group so we all traveled back together.

There's food and drink there too. I had fried conch and Keith had a hamburger. Good mixed drinks and not too expensive.