Epic Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/March 23rd, 2012 Sailing

Lasagna Bolognase (sp) ordered by another tablemate

CarnivalFantasy2012097.jpg

Flat Iron Steak medium rare (Cooked perfectly. Andrew loved this so much he got one every night we went to dinner in addition to other entree's)

CarnivalFantasy2012098.jpg

During dinner a member of the wait staff approached and asked if I was Nancy. Cautiously I said yes thinking maybe I was in trouble but that was not the case. One of my co-workers ordered some drink coupons for me!

CarnivalFantasy2012104.jpg

The Andrew got another bucket o beer (Cost: $24.15 now that we are in intl waters)

CarnivalFantasy2012100.jpg

We headed back to our cabin to change into comfy ship wandering clothes and to plug in the camera to charge. Here began the beginning of realizing my camera was starting a slow and steady decline. We had a chance to meet our steward IPutu. He was very efficient and constantly kept our cooler filled with ice along with the ice bucket. The room was always kept clean and at turn down service we always had our towel animal. It took him awhile to realize that the dollars we left for him on the mirror were for him to take.

Here is Iputu

CarnivalFantasy2012207.jpg

And our room at turn down service. Doggie animal. I was kinda sad it wasnt the famous vagina towel this time around.

CarnivalFantasy2012102.jpg

We had another glass of wine and the Andrew went up to lido while I waited for room service to bring a bottle of rum. Yep, apparently this ship is one of the ships that you can order rum from room service. We ordered a one liter bottle of Cruzan that lasted for most of the cruise. (Cost: $50.00) Yeah, I know that seems a bit steep but it really cuts down on the amount that we spend on a cruise to have "room rum". Plus it mixes well with the Guava Passionfruit OJ they serve in the morning. We would hit lido in the morning and fill my pink water bottle with the juice and leave it on ice in the room. Yum!

Iputu is awesome. He took care of our cabin back in November & did a great job. I knew we were in good shape when our beers that we ordered through bon voyage were iced down when we got to the room. Our room was always in perfect shape.

I just checked (for the third time today) and it still says 34 DAYS! til I am on the Fantasy... we cruised on her in 1996, and have cruised on a couple of "Fantasy" class ships. Nice size, how someone could call them small... should have tried the Mardi Gras!

Thank you for the info on the camera website. I will be looking into this for sure.

It is slow going. They have shown pics of what the new terminal will look like. Pretty impressive.

The only difference I noticed was that they had a better gangplank system that actually landed you on the level with the atrium. It was still a very fast check in time.

Thank you! :)

That's great, its weird that they haven't had that before ya know

-KD

Thank you! Our 1st cruise was on Fantasy out of Port Canaveral in Feb '04 and we fell head over heels in love...with each other...and cruising.

It may be next year before we get to cruise again but come along with us! The more the merrier!

I'm about 15 minute from Port Canaveral so let me know the next time yall are cruising out of here :)

Nancy I am glad that you and The Andrew got to take this cruise and had such a wonderful time as usual.

We live close to you off Bees Ferry, I think if we sailed with ya'll our sail and sign card would get a work out :D

We would DESTROY our sail and sign cards. They would be like "why is the rum gone?"

Iputu is awesome. He took care of our cabin back in November & did a great job. I knew we were in good shape when our beers that we ordered through bon voyage were iced down when we got to the room. Our room was always in perfect shape.

He was super! I cant believe how many people know Iputu.

Great reviews! I've read both of yours. I love all the pictures. I'm definitely a picture person!

We're leaving on the Fantasy June 3rd. Can't wait!

Thank you! I love picture reviews too! Usually, I will only read picture reviews.

I just checked (for the third time today) and it still says 34 DAYS! til I am on the Fantasy... we cruised on her in 1996, and have cruised on a couple of "Fantasy" class ships. Nice size, how someone could call them small... should have tried the Mardi Gras!

Love Fantasy class but I would have loved sailing on the Mardi Gras. I wish there were more pictures of Jubilee, Mardi Gras and Holiday.

One day, I want to try the Dream just so I can get one of those cove balconies.

subbing, we leave on the 23rd. Our first time on the Fantasy and out of Charleston. I'm loving your pics! I can't wait for pics of Water Works.

You are going to have so much fun! I am finally going to get around to finishing the review and you will see some Water Works pics.

Another ? about your attempt at smuggling and I sorry if someone already asked. I didn't read all the post that I missed.

How embarrassing was it when you got caught? Did they make a big deal about it?

Danielle

It wasnt really embarrassing. They kept it on the down low but the guy shaking the water really was shaking it HARD. He quietly called a supervisor over who then broke the pack of water open and pulled out the offending bottle. He quietly shook his head and into the garbage they went. No loud bells or whistles and they didnt yell or anything. The whole process took about 5 minutes to occur and then we were on our way to the check in desk. ;)

Ok kids. All the questions are caught up and I really need to get this review concluded. Since I dont have work today, there is no excuse not to get it wrapped up. I cannot find the tear off sheet from the Fun Times for the last sea day so I dont have exact times for some specifics but I will do my best. Here we go...

After breakfast, on our last day at sea, we decided to go to the Galleria and snag some rum to bring home. We purchased two, one liter bottles of Bacardi for $19.99. Not a bad deal! They were to be delivered to our cabin between 7pm and 9pm.

There are sundries for sale at the back of the liquor store. I did not see any prices on these items though

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone271.jpg

I had heard that usually on the last sea day there are good deals on Carnival tshirts so off we went to the shopping area. I believe at this time the crazy watch sale was happening. Chaos and crazy nuts flipping out over watches. We bought one of these on our last sailing but the Andrew killed it when he failed to take it off when he went into the pool.

Chaos

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone266.jpg

We left the shopping area empty handed and overstimulated. After checking our balances on the Folio Kiosk we realized that it was time to add a little more money to someone's S&S card. (Mr. Bucket o Beer) The lines at Guest Services this time around were a bit longer than I experienced in the past but they moved quickly and the girls at the desk were always friendly, smiling and happy to help us. Even when we were a bit tipsy and confusing. This morning there was no line at all.

Blurry

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone268.jpg

Look ma! No line!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone269.jpg

Layers of the atrium with sunshiney rays

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone270.jpg

We also stopped by the Photo Gallery and chose our fancy dinner picture. (Cost: $11.99) Then a quick stop at the cabin to change into a bathing suit and cover up for a fun day on lido deck. This day, they were selling the Whale Tail cups and I wanted one!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone275.jpg

We missed out on putt putt last time and did not want to miss it. You rent the clubs and balls at a location on the lido deck by the pool on the non-smoking side. They will write down your S&S info and the time that you took the equipment. Then you head upstairs to the course. It was windy and with the ship moving a bit, we had an interesting game. The small running track circles the putt putt course and at times I almost got run over by joggers.

Rules

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone277.jpg

Someone looks confident

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone278.jpg

the course

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone280.jpg

At one point he hit the ball off the course. Thank goodness he didnt take out a random jogger.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone282.jpg

The end result...the Andrew dominated with a final score of 1 over and I ended up 15 over. He has not failed to tell everyone he smoked my a$$ at putt putt for the rest of the cruise and since we have come home. MEH.

Today was going to be a day of packing as much in of things we wanted to do that we didnt get to do on our prior cruise. The next order of business was getting that elusive Carnival Cheeseburger. They have not done the 2.0 Guy's Burger's upgrade to this ship and I havent seen any information that they plan to do this on Fantasy in the future.

This burger was delightful!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone285.jpg

And the fries and potato salad were tasty as well.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone286.jpg

The bartenders were getting creative with the buckets of beer. An owl!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone288.jpg

I didnt have this color of Carnival cup in my collection so I got the Goombay Smash and a Fosters for the Andrew (Cost: $12.59 oh, and the cost for the Funnel cup drink $12.59)

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone290.jpg

We met a few more cool people and even though it was not really hot outside I knew that I definitely wanted a trip down the waterslides. I set the Andrew up at the bottom to document the experience.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone296.jpg

Racing slides

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone297.jpg

I had been hearing from some folks in line that they had gotten stuck about halfway down. But, if you have some weight to ya (like me) you will FLY down this thing. I think I held my breath the whole way down. When I got to the bottom I ended up sideways. That was GREAT fun!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone301.jpg

Then he made me go down the racing slides. Soooo cold now!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone302.jpg

Cold and soaked I wanted to run down to the room and take a warm shower and get changed. On the way, we found some chairs that were quitters.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone305.jpg

And then an F-18 did numerous fly-bys which was bad-a$$

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone307.jpg

Festive vacation-y Fosters buried in ice

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone309.jpg

There were tons of really cool tshirts onboard. This one is GREAT!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone310.jpg

Mr. Bucket o Beer

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone311.jpg

The sky looks ominous

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone312.jpg

Funnel pic...of course

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone313.jpg

Lido on the last day at sea

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone314.jpg

Around 5pm we realized it was just about time for the Fun Farewell Party. YAY! Free drinks! There was also music and dancing.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone315.jpg

Whiskey sour and screwdriver (?) I dunno. It's dark

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone316.jpg

Cool couple Ann & James

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone319.jpg

Drink balancing

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone321.jpg

The bartenders were getting creative with the buckets of beer. An owl!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone288.jpg

I didnt have this color of Carnival cup in my collection so I got the Goombay Smash and a Fosters for the Andrew (Cost: $12.59 oh, and the cost for the Funnel cup drink $12.59)

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone290.jpg

We met a few more cool people and even though it was not really hot outside I knew that I definitely wanted a trip down the waterslides. I set the Andrew up at the bottom to document the experience.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone296.jpg

Racing slides

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone297.jpg

I had been hearing from some folks in line that they had gotten stuck about halfway down. But, if you have some weight to ya (like me) you will FLY down this thing. I think I held my breath the whole way down. When I got to the bottom I ended up sideways. That was GREAT fun!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone301.jpg

Then he made me go down the racing slides. Soooo cold now!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone302.jpg

Loving your review, can't wait for our DOD's and Buckets of Beer. The F-18 must have been very cool, love that stuff.

I saw CD Risa Barnes and asked Ann if she would take a picture of us together. I introduced myself and she said "Nancy, from room U239?". I said "yes" and she handed me a bag with my name on it and a little note that said "Hi there. I have been looking out for you, but seems you are busy enjoying your cruise. Hope you are having a blast. Take Care, Risa, your cruise director". Inside was a Towel Creations book and a Carnival beach towel. How cool is that?!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone322.jpg

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone379.jpg

Any time I got a drink with a cherry I would give the cherry to the Andrew who would then tie it in a knot while in his mouth. My man has talents!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone324.jpg

You know how funky the lido bathrooms can get over time during a sea day, right? If you go one level down by the picture displays you will find this lovely gem.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone328.jpg

You dont even have to touch the door

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone327.jpg

This bathroom was so clean that the Andrew was expecting someone to hand him a towel after washing his hands. Maybe offer some cologne or powder.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone326.jpg

Yep, I am starting this post with a pic of really really clean urinals

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone325.jpg

There was also a ladies bathroom next to the Liquor store that was equally as clean.

A shot of the atrium bar from above

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone330.jpg

When the Andrew came back from the bathroom we changed tables and these fine folks pointed to where we had moved.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone332.jpg

And now it's time to clean the lido deck.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone333.jpg

Two sunset pics. Last sunset at sea....boo!

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone334.jpg

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone335.jpg

Zoom

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone337.jpg

A view of the penthouse suites

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone338.jpg

Ping Pong. We didnt play but maybe next time.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone339.jpg

This guy gave the Andrew a "cuban" cigar. I am not sure if they are truly cuban but it smelled lovely

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone340.jpg

Funnel

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone341.jpg

Spiral staircase. It is very difficult to climb these when intoxicated and especially difficult when someone is coming in the opposite direction

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone342.jpg

A view from above of "home base"

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone343.jpg

Ann and I engrossed in conversation

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone344.jpg

A staff member approached us and asked us to move to the non-smoking side while they cleaned the deck on the smoking section. Here is the voyage over to no man's land.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone345.jpg

We are such rebels....smokers in the non smoking area. They told us we could! Kate, Jim, Ann, James and the Andrew.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone348.jpg

Then they started cleaning the pool

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone350.jpg

Now, around this time I could tell it was approaching dinnertime and I could also tell that the Andrew probably would be offensive. I decided that I would skip dinner and thought that perhaps he would choose to do so as well. That backfired. He decided to bring James to our table. I have no idea what kind of crazy antics may have occurred and I probably dont want to know. I do know that our tablemate, baldman70, took over my position of reminding the Andrew about his filter. "FILTER!!!" James and Andrew even took their dinner picture together. Sadly, I was unable to find that picture.

What was I doing at this time that he was working on his bro-mance dinner? I chose to have lido dinner with Ann. I had a baked potato with the fixins, eggplant, squash, chicken parm and salmon. The chicken parm was meh but the rest of it was yummeh.

CarnivalFantasy2012Iphone352.jpg