Epic Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/March 23rd, 2012 Sailing

Nancy,

After you guys have stayed in an Ocean view room and a port hole room which one do you prefer?

We are wanting to go on Fantasy again and both rooms look cool.

Great review by the way :D

Great review and pictures! You and The Andrew seem like a lot of fun to be around. I'd love to hang with y'all on a cruise one day! :D

I was thinking the same thing!! I can only hope we find a fun couple like you two to party with on our cruise!! Great Review!!!

Nancy, thank for so very much for taking the time to post another awesome review! We sailed Fantasy October and hopefully, will be sailing again this October. I loved Junkanoo Beach too, we had a great time there. We did go to Fish Fry and had something really strange (and kinda gross) happen but all we could do was laugh about it.

Is that towel animal the one replacing the vaginal one?? Oh my, it's even more suggestive! :eek:

We sail on the Paradise on May 10th! Have a porthole cabin this time so I'm very interested to see how it is since we were aft on the Fantasy. Can't wait for the rest of the review!

Kim

Nancy,

After you guys have stayed in an Ocean view room and a port hole room which one do you prefer?

We are wanting to go on Fantasy again and both rooms look cool.

Great review by the way :D

I still prefer a port hole room. Unfortunately, when we booked this cruise, all the portholes were booked up. So, I knew I wanted to have an odd room and that was why we ended up with the aft oceanview.

You really just cant beat getting a port hole room though at the cost of an interior. We will be booking a port hole on our next cruise.

Thanks for the compliment. I love writing these reviews. :)

Nancy, thank for so very much for taking the time to post another awesome review! We sailed Fantasy October and hopefully, will be sailing again this October. I loved Junkanoo Beach too, we had a great time there. We did go to Fish Fry and had something really strange (and kinda gross) happen but all we could do was laugh about it.

Is that towel animal the one replacing the vaginal one?? Oh my, it's even more suggestive! :eek:

We sail on the Paradise on May 10th! Have a porthole cabin this time so I'm very interested to see how it is since we were aft on the Fantasy. Can't wait for the rest of the review!

Kim

Hey Kim! You will love the porthole cabin. We will definitely be booking one on our next cruise. We were looking at perhaps the 7 day out of Charleston. We found one in December that is only $450.00! Woo hoo! 7 days and another visit to Half Moon Cay. Ohhhh!

Now I want to know about your kinda gross story. I am intrigued. :p

What a great review so far. Thanks for sharing your cruise.

Thanks for reading! I am glad you are enjoying. Hopefully, I can finish on my lunch break tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Great review! I love the pictures!

I love picture reviews too! Sometimes I will just read a review with pictures to see what other people like to do for fun.:D

Just wondering if when you tried to use the water bottles to smuggle was the seal on the cap intacted?

Love your review. We were debating this ship for next year but decided on booking the Miracle out of NYC. I am beyond excited!!

The seal was intact but we popped up the sippy part of the cap. We didnt unscrew the cap but just used our thumbs to pop the top up. We then filled the bottle with a meat injector syringe. Very time consuming and next time...we will be using rum runners!

I would love to sail out of NYC. Just the view alone has got to be worth it.

desaun is seated in the foreground (this guys is a champion. He took a bus to Charleston!)

CarnivalFantasy2012135.jpg

Hey I know that guy :)

Been waiting for the review. Re-living the memories!!

Wifey's already talking about booking a cruise for next year. :D

There are of course no pictures allowed in the terminal itself but this is where you go through the security screening. Remember our 12 pack of “water”? Well, security guy of course wanted to check a bit closer. This happened to us last time with no problem but this guy….this guy took his job very seriously. He shook the whole case of water. Then he shook it again. And then he shook it so hard that I thought he may give himself brain damage. That’s when we realized…we are BUSTED. He said “you cant bring this onboard”. I said “what ever do you mean?”. He says “there is alcohol in here”. I say “whaaaaaat?”. Over comes mister supervisor who breaks open the pack and pulls the one bottle that I failed to put in the very center. He opens it up and smells it and just shakes his head at us. The whole thing ends up in the garbage can. I say “cant I at least have the water?”. He says “no”. The Andrew says “You can’t blame us for trying right”. No answer. Meh! No rum for us. BOOOO!!!! Next time: Rum runners.

All4fun&fun4all,

I am TOTALLY enjoying your humorous, pictorial review of your cruise. I have to say...you have certainly made my day reading your fun comments and ROFLO as I was reading it. :D:D:D

BTW....just a suggestion for next time...don't post photos of how you plan to smuggle your booze with a photo of yourself before your next cruise. CCL was probably ready for you when you were checking in at the cruise port...cause all cruise lines DO read these post.

Hey Kim! You will love the porthole cabin. We will definitely be booking one on our next cruise. We were looking at perhaps the 7 day out of Charleston. We found one in December that is only $450.00! Woo hoo! 7 days and another visit to Half Moon Cay. Ohhhh!

Loving your review! We cruised on the 7-day last year on the Fantasy and LOVED it, we will definitely take that cruise again. The ports are a major improvement over the Nassau/Freeport itinerary.

I am not surprised about you getting busted with the rum, the security is very tight in Charleston. We brought 2 12-packs soda, and they open both boxes and removed all of the cans to inspect. They then put them back in and taped them shut with duct tape. Good thing we didn't smuggle! WARNING to anyone planning, DO NOT try to carry on anything in Charleston. ;)

Hi Hollywood! We are on Jim Isle but have never taken the Fantasy even though we are right here.

We don't "lay out" in the sun because of skin cancer. Comparing this ship to Triumph is there a lot of other things to do?

We are looking at the 7 day in October. I really, really want to visit Half Moon Cay. But maybe I will look at the December one since the price is better.

Okay, gross Fish Fry story. We had met a local on the beach (I can't remember her name, but she sat in the sand and talked to us forever. She was wonderful!) who told us her favorite place to eat. When we arrive at Fish Fry, there is a person outside each place with a menu in hand trying to get people to come inside. We finally picked one (not the recommended one) because we liked the guy outside and the menu looked good. Soooo, we wanted to eat upstairs but the "balcony" with the water view was full and the hotess put us on the "balcony" over the street. We are sitting there and Mr. Nice Guy is still standing outside with his menu trying to lure people inside.

Waitress comes (which was also the hotess). DH orders a Sands, I order a Bahama Mama. Waitress says they are out of Bahama Mamas so I just order a bottle of water. Every food item we try to order, they are out of. Even though Mr. Nice Guy is still outside telling everyone who walks by how great the food is. So DH finally hits on some type of fish (which they have) and I get conch fritters. Waitress leaves and I see her exit the front door and start walking down the street. She goes into another venue and comes out with a Sands in her hand. I tell DH, she just went into another place to get your beer! When she returns (with the Sands) she also has a Bahama Mama and tells me she found one (??) Okay.....so I start drinking and it is very watered down. So, I am thinking she probably dumped the leftovers from other drinks into one glass to make this drink. Maybe not, but it very much appeared so. For some strange reason, I drank it anyway.

Food comes, conch fritters are horrible. The fish DH had was okay, not great. We were laughing out of control and just wanted to leave this place! Would try Fish Fry again, but not this place! I can't remember the name but would know which one it is by walking past again.

Oh, and the day after we arrive home, I come down with the worse cold I have ever had. All I can think is that I got it from drinking the recycled Bahama Mama. Probably not, but that thought would not leave my head.

Kim

Really enjoying your review and pictures! We're booked for the Dec 8 - 7 day out of Charleston, and have a port hold cabin. Hope you choose this cruise:D

We are looking at the 7 day in October. I really, really want to visit Half Moon Cay. But maybe I will look at the December one since the price is better.

Okay, gross Fish Fry story. We had met a local on the beach (I can't remember her name, but she sat in the sand and talked to us forever. She was wonderful!) who told us her favorite place to eat. When we arrive at Fish Fry, there is a person outside each place with a menu in hand trying to get people to come inside. We finally picked one (not the recommended one) because we liked the guy outside and the menu looked good. Soooo, we wanted to eat upstairs but the "balcony" with the water view was full and the hotess put us on the "balcony" over the street. We are sitting there and Mr. Nice Guy is still standing outside with his menu trying to lure people inside.

Waitress comes (which was also the hotess). DH orders a Sands, I order a Bahama Mama. Waitress says they are out of Bahama Mamas so I just order a bottle of water. Every food item we try to order, they are out of. Even though Mr. Nice Guy is still outside telling everyone who walks by how great the food is. So DH finally hits on some type of fish (which they have) and I get conch fritters. Waitress leaves and I see her exit the front door and start walking down the street. She goes into another venue and comes out with a Sands in her hand. I tell DH, she just went into another place to get your beer! When she returns (with the Sands) she also has a Bahama Mama and tells me she found one (??) Okay.....so I start drinking and it is very watered down. So, I am thinking she probably dumped the leftovers from other drinks into one glass to make this drink. Maybe not, but it very much appeared so. For some strange reason, I drank it anyway.

Food comes, conch fritters are horrible. The fish DH had was okay, not great. We were laughing out of control and just wanted to leave this place! Would try Fish Fry again, but not this place! I can't remember the name but would know which one it is by walking past again.

Oh, and the day after we arrive home, I come down with the worse cold I have ever had. All I can think is that I got it from drinking the recycled Bahama Mama. Probably not, but that thought would not leave my head.

Kim

Now that's FUNNY!

Love your reviews! I read your old Fantasy review and am so excited to read this one...especially the photos, as I'm a photographer and thus a total picture whore. (So sorry to hear of your camera's demise). We are cruising her next March and it's the guy's first cruise. Decided on this one because we are in NC and could drive to the port. I really like the smaller ships too!