Unlimited Laundry Bag

Rinderoo

so do I understand it right the "Laundry Package" is per stateroom and can be use for 2 people?

Thank you for the clarification

The package is for the cabin, and everyone staying in it. Most of the time that is 2 people, yes. Third and fourth passengers sharing the cabin would also get the benefit.

Just off the Eurodam yesterday, we never had to use the bag, our steward asked us to lay our things on the bed. It was the best $49 dollars spent on board. About 95% of our clothes were brought home clean.

Fill those bags near the end of the cruise. Nothing like coming home with luggage full of clean clothes.

Sadly it doesn't work for us.

We usually have to stay 1 or 2 days at disembarkation port before flying home.

Then another night at the airport hotel before we drive home.

Come home with lots of dirty clothes.

Sadly it doesn't work for us.

We usually have to stay 1 or 2 days at disembarkation port before flying home.

We too, spend a few days in Fort Lauderdale before flying home. Anything we may have used is just sent out for laundry at the hotel. ($10.00 per bag)

Edited by Typhoon1

We have been told that unlimited laundry on our next cruise will be $126. We are debating whether it would be cheaper to go by the bag ($20). Has anyone ever paid for unlimited laundry and not used it enough times to make it worth while? Thanks.

thank you for the clarification of the rules. As I understand the 49 Dollars/week include pressing?

Clothes sent to be washed are returned pressed (or folded neatly, if they are not the type of thing normally pressed).

Pressing only is a separate charge.

The benefit of the Unlimited Package is that you are able to send laundry out daily and have it returned next day. In the past we have used

the "by the bag", but then we had to collect enough laundry to make it worth while.

Seems that you would need to pack that many more clothes.

Unlimited laundry costs more, but it is very easy to use.

Edited by OVgirl

I am on Eurodam and have unlimited laundry. Another thread asked about size of the bag: It is 13.5" x 21". When folded and organized, you can get a lot of stuff in there! We're a family of four and I've been able to do four pairs of shorts, six shirts, four pairs of undies and two pairs of socks and still have plenty of room to close the bag. Will take a photo of the bag for my next round.

Our first load had two days worth of clothes in it, and I had to hold back two pairs of jeans.

At $49 for the week, its the best deal going.

Just the information I needed! Thanks.

• 2 years later...
EVERYTHING is pressed except for undies. T-shirts, dress shirts, shorts, pants...

I sent stuff out last night and it was returned this afternoon. Forgot to check the boxes to fold, and everything--including t-shirts--was on a hanger. Only socks and undies were in the basket.

We're enjoying the laundry service. Don't know why I got same-day turnaround today unless someone picked it up really early. I hung it on the door after I got up at 3am.

Between laundry and the retreat cabana, I'm sold on the Eurodam.

Hi Rinderoo

So, this may have answered a question I have about putting the laundry out. i have read that if you put the laundry out by 9, you get it back that same day (at least, I think I read that). I was wondering how we would do this since we are rarely up and about before 9 am (it is a vacation after all!!). So, we could just hang it on the doorknob?

Now, the above is just if you do unlimited or pay the 50% extra, right? I also read that if you just do the "all you can stuff" option, you get them back in 48 hours. Same idea--hang on the door knob, but it takes longer?

This will be our first time using ship's laundry since an unfortunate experience the first time we used it. Risky but we are tired of rinsing things in the room.

Thanks for any help, from anyone!

ML

Hi Rinderoo

So, this may have answered a question I have about putting the laundry out. i have read that if you put the laundry out by 9, you get it back that same day (at least, I think I read that). I was wondering how we would do this since we are rarely up and about before 9 am (it is a vacation after all!!). So, we could just hang it on the doorknob?

Now, the above is just if you do unlimited or pay the 50% extra, right? I also read that if you just do the "all you can stuff" option, you get them back in 48 hours. Same idea--hang on the door knob, but it takes longer?

This will be our first time using ship's laundry since an unfortunate experience the first time we used it. Risky but we are tired of rinsing things in the room.

ML

Do you realize that the post you are quoting is almost two and a half years old, and that the OP hasn't even posted on CC for four months or so? It's quite possible that much of the information in the thread is dated too, but hopefully you'll get the information that you are seeking.

we have two small children and have connecting rooms. would we be able to put all the clothes in one bag? or would we have to purchase the service per stateroom?

:confused:

Welcome to CC and the HAL board. While there is no hard rule against reviving an old thread, it's generally a good idea to start a new one when the thread is as old as this one. There are always changes being made, and some people don't notice that information is dated.

If you take an unlimited package, you are meant to pay per cabin. Let your conscience be your guide. If you are paying by the bag, it doesn't matter.

we have two small children and have connecting rooms. would we be able to put all the clothes in one bag? or would we have to purchase the service per stateroom?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Yes you would have to purchase separte packages for each stateroom.

Hi Rinderoo

ML

You should never hang your laundry bag on the doorknob. Most the time laundry that is put out one day is returned the next. No need to put it out at 9am, just have it ready by the time your room steward comes to make up your cabin.

Do you realize that the post you are quoting is almost two and a half years old, and that the OP hasn't even posted on CC for four months or so? It's quite possible that much of the information in the thread is dated too, but hopefully you'll get the information that you are seeking.

Because it's such an old thread, the unlimited price & the per bag price, may have gone up...

IMO mamalovestraveling you are making a wise decision by going by the bag.. You have to roll things pretty tightly & stuff them well.. Don't think the bag is 24 inches long..The OP stated they were 21 inches long..

Also suggest you not hang them on your door, but leave them on your bed.. You can even ask your steward for more bags to fill, but remember you will pay for each one.. Not sure if the price is still $20 per bag..Check with the front desk when you board..

thanks for the tip with rolling things tight :D

ship services advised me that it is 20 USD per bag as of August 2014 and gave me the dimensions (thought I post them in case someone else would like to know).

they also advised me, that if you like to pre book the unlimited laundry service before your cruise, you have to pre pay it in full (currently $7/day as of August 2014 for cruises up to 30 days). but you can always book it on board as well, and have it charged to your room. doesnt really make a difference to us, but might be good to know for some, who have extra ship board credit.