Review of the Ruby Princess, April 1st sailing the eastern Caribbean

BugsyCruiser

Next we visited the administrative building in the town, or as it is called in the Bahamas, a settlement. Imagine one of our offices this color:

217.jpg

220.jpg

And then a stop at a police station to talk to the lady in charge. As I always say, never mess with a woman... especially one in uniform! ;)

223.jpg

224.jpg

225.jpg

We were on the same cruise (I posted a review). I love seeing your pics of your excursions. It was a great cruise and the seas were very calm until the very end and even then it was tolerable. Your cabin is unreal and all the treats are wonderful. Thanks for posting!

We were on the same cruise (I posted a review). I love seeing your pics of your excursions. It was a great cruise and the seas were very calm until the very end and even then it was tolerable. Your cabin is unreal and all the treats are wonderful. Thanks for posting!

Thank you. I didn't realize you were doing a review as well. I'll post a few more pics from this day and then get on to the first full day at sea. That suite was amazing.... I was lucky to get such an upgrade

Day three, Tuesday... first full day at sea and a chance to take some pics of the ship. I attended a seminar at Club Fusion to get info and understand how the Captain's Circle program works since this was my first cruise with Princess.

Here's some pics of Club Fusion:

259.jpg

260.jpg

262.jpg

263.jpg

Good morning everybody! Time to start back up the review.... I forgot to add from Monday after we left Princess Cays that I celebrated my birthday in the Michelangelo dining room. They brought out a small chocolate cake with one candle lit(good thing because 40 more wouldn't have fit :p) and half the dining room sang Happy Birthday to me. It was a nice way to celebrate turning 41.

I apologize for not taking more pictures of the food, I honestly forgot. But I must say I never had one bad meal in the dining room, they were all good.

After dinner saw Miguel Washington in the Explorer's lounge. He is a great comedian... had everyone in stitches. One thing that I thought was incredibly rude was a couple got up in the front row and walked right out in front of him. Just my opinion but if you don't like the show, leave in a more subtle way(they could have walked around the other side and completely avoided the stage. But what was funny was Miguel made fun of them(in a clean way).... but still I find doing stuff like walking out on someone like that very rude. Thing was there wasn't much time left in his show when they did it.

Well some pictures from the first full day at sea. We start out with another pic of Club Fusion and then Explorer's lounge, where they were getting ready for an art auction(never attended... just don't find that stuff interesting):

264.jpg

265.jpg

266.jpg

Fantastic review Bugsy! I am going on the Ruby in November and can't wait. I've also booked the Marriott North to stay at 2 days prior to and 2 days after the cruise. Was there anything else in the area around the hotel?

Fantastic review Bugsy! I am going on the Ruby in November and can't wait. I've also booked the Marriott North to stay at 2 days prior to and 2 days after the cruise. Was there anything else in the area around the hotel?

Yes just south of there and the opposite side of the road there is a big shopping plaza with some restaurants including the Longhorn Steakhouse. Bit of a walk, but not that bad

I am really enjoying your reviews. I will be on the Island in Nov. and our gang are really looking forward to trying out a "smaller" Princess ship having been on the Golden and Emerald. I am loving your pictures. I love taking pictures to and I still run them off and put them in albums. When it is cold and "minus zero" weather here in Ontario, I pull them out and enjoy looking at the great times we had on our warm vacations away from home. Keep posting please...looking forward to reading about the rest of your cruise.

I am really enjoying your reviews. I will be on the Island in Nov. and our gang are really looking forward to trying out a "smaller" Princess ship having been on the Golden and Emerald. I am loving your pictures. I love taking pictures to and I still run them off and put them in albums. When it is cold and "minus zero" weather here in Ontario, I pull them out and enjoy looking at the great times we had on our warm vacations away from home. Keep posting please...looking forward to reading about the rest of your cruise.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Will have more up a little later :D

Now a word on the meet and greet we had at Skywalkers:

Kudos goes to Jilllofalltrades for all the time and effort she put into making this happen. It was nice to attend and meet fellow CC members. She had sent out invitations to the officers and senior staff to attend but hadn't gotten a reply but imagine our pleasant surprise when several of them stopped by to say hi and discuss what they do. It was almost a surreal moment when Captain Yeomans came in to say hello. He is very professional and a class act and just gotta love that "dry" British sarcastic sense of humor :) Whenever he decides to retire, Princess will be losing a great Captain... he's irreplaceable in my opinion

Archived