alcohol

Departure port is New Orleans, month is Feb, plan to store alcohol in rum runners..

Good luck! Last thing I heard about the Port of New Orleans is that they were VERY good at finding smuggled booze (even those in Rumrunners) and were not even allowing sodas and water to be carried on like a lot of other ports do.

Be prepared to lose your booze :)

OMG in 10 months you could save enough cash to spend at the bars onboard instead of stressing on how to smuggle booze on board to save a few dollars and stiff the cruise line.

If your smuggled booze gets confiscated what are you going to do then if you haven't saved up the cash in 10 months for the number of drinks your contraband alcohol would have saved you?

OMG in 10 months you could save enough cash to spend at the bars onboard instead of stressing on how to smuggle booze on board to save a few dollars and stiff the cruise line.

Good advice

If your smuggled booze gets confiscated what are you going to do then if you haven't saved up the cash in 10 months for the number of drinks your contraband alcohol would have saved you?

But if it doesn't get confiscated the OP could used the saved $$$ for a Next Cruise payment.;)

Last cruise I was on, we got a bottle of Bombay Sapphire from "Bon Voyage" (this was Carnival). It was $55, IIRC, or about twice what it would be in a liquor store. That was enough for us to mix up a couple of drinks each pretty much every day. We might have even left some behind.

If $20 or $30 is going to make that big a dent in your pocket, I'd suggest that cruising isn't for you. And if you're planning on drinking so much that you think you can "save" hundreds of dollars by smuggling... why not save all of the money except for a few hundred and just spend a week getting obliterated at home?

I really don't care if someone smuggles alcohol. I've done it, before I found out I could just have a bottle delivered to my room. I like to be able to mix up a little somethin'-somethin' without running to a bar. It's just plain easier to do it "legit". It's a vacation, not an attempt to smuggle contraband into prison or behind the Iron Curtain. You should be relaxing, not plotting how to evade the Stasi.

Just got off the Voyager last weekend. I had 7 bags (including small backpacks) that we brought on the ship. 4 were large suitcases that we checked at the pier. I had booze in everyone of them except one of the large suitcases (rumrunners and small plastic bottles) I also had Dasani water bottles (about a dozen) spread around each bag. Again the one exception was the one large suitcase that was checked. I assumed to be called to the naughty room for at least a couple of them but wanted the one bag to get through as it had alot of our toiletries and casual clothes for the evening.

However, All the bags with the booze and water got through. I was called to the Naughty room for the one bag I had been wanting to get through so we could unpack the most. Yup, our one bag and they got us for a tiny 3 prong plug that they called an extention cord. I have never had an issue with this before. It was kinda funny.

FYI they were really looking for stuff at each port. It took alot longer to clear and get on the ship than I have had on other lines. They also don't deliver your purchases of Alcohol. You have to get it yourself the last morning. I therefore didn't bother buying any on the ship.

Back to Princess I go.............

Peteukmcr and jnojr- Y'all are making the assumption that I am doing this because I don't have the money to buy booze onboard. I am not "stressing" about this, it was a simple question. Nor am I plotting, and if my alcohol gets taken then I will buy my booze onboard, my goal isn't to get trashed the whole time. I asked a question...if you have an answer to the question, feel free to respond...no need for judgement replies.

. I've done it, before I found out I could just have a bottle delivered to my room. .

I think you may be forgetting that RCI does NOT have a "Bon Voyage" department and will NOT deliver a bottle of liquor to your room :) If you want to mix up a little "something something" on a Royal caribbean ship, you are either going to have to smuggle it on board or run to the bar and have them mix it.

Peteukmcr and jnojr- Y'all are making the assumption that I am doing this because I don't have the money to buy booze onboard. I am not "stressing" about this, it was a simple question. Nor am I plotting, and if my alcohol gets taken then I will buy my booze onboard, my goal isn't to get trashed the whole time. I asked a question...if you have an answer to the question, feel free to respond...no need for judgement replies.

Well said. Have a great cruise.

I've smuggled booze everytime and have never been caught. I have not used a Rumrunner but read on other threads that the cruise lines are getting good at spotting those. Just stick the booze in with the toiletries. And we always bring a Case of water to the Pier and they stick a luggage tag on it and it's always delivered. I'm talking RCL, but we always do it.

I'm sure that not having the money for your booze never crossed anyone's mind. Cheap maybe but not broke.:D

Archived