Disgusted with RCL and Rhapsody Cabin changes!

At this point, hopefully all that have had their cabins changed, due to the "upgrade" of the Rhapsody.......only on deck 8.....so for those of you on other decks.......just relax, there not as many that have been changed as some have led you to believe..........but for those that have been displaced........... it's agoldstein@rccl.com to reach the CEO....who has more clout than anyone else.

If you still don't receive a satisfactory conclusion.......then it's rfain@rccl.com the Chairman of the Board.......as to why Mr. Goldstein cannot handle such a simple resolution.

Maybe someone should take his place!!:D;)

Rick

I booked an AFT balcony on the Ledgend of the Seas 14 months prior to the sailing. At check in I had been downgraded to an outside cabin as they had over sold the balconies. I argued for an hour it got me nowhere. I ended up with 500usd OBC then when I got home I wrote a nasty letter and got another $500 au. It wasn't the point though I was looking forward to the balcony. It ruined the whole holiday. I swore that I would not sail RCCL again but the then I saw the Allure!!!!!!!!

My biggest worry is that we are on the Allure next month in a balcony booked 15 moths ago and it is going to happen again. This time I will sit on the gangway until they fix it if it does happen.:)

I did post on Twitter twice yesterday...no response yet!! I also contacted and filed a complaint with BBB. Now on to email to CEO! I know this is going no where in the end....but it makes me feel better to do something than the nothing they are doing!

I booked an AFT balcony on the Ledgend of the Seas 14 months prior to the sailing. At check in I had been downgraded to an outside cabin as they had over sold the balconies. I argued for an hour it got me nowhere. I ended up with 500usd OBC then when I got home I wrote a nasty letter and got another $500 au. It wasn't the point though I was looking forward to the balcony.

I can see this happening if they sold you a guarantee (although I'm surprised at a downgrade :eek: ), but you had a booked cabin and they displaced you for being oversold? How did they do that?

I booked an AFT balcony on the Ledgend of the Seas 14 months prior to the sailing. At check in I had been downgraded to an outside cabin as they had over sold the balconies. I argued for an hour it got me nowhere. I ended up with 500usd OBC then when I got home I wrote a nasty letter and got another $500 au. It wasn't the point though I was looking forward to the balcony. It ruined the whole holiday. I swore that I would not sail RCCL again but the then I saw the Allure!!!!!!!!

My biggest worry is that we are on the Allure next month in a balcony booked 15 moths ago and it is going to happen again. This time I will sit on the gangway until they fix it if it does happen.:)

I would of been kicking & screaming if this happen to me this is why I check my reservation up on till the morning I am leaving. I do this also with the airlines I leave nothing to chance. Regarding the OP there is no way I would take this I would continually hound RCI until I got my aft cabin back!

On our cruise the price of a JS hasn't changed. The person who booked 8588 was displaced and unable to get her cabin back, so I don't think that it's about keeping somebody who paid the higher fare happy. I think it's just sloppy work on somebody's part. What's even sadder to me is that the attitude in Miami is, "well, there weren't that many people affected" (that's what the rep who called me said).

We are thinking of booking something on Vision when her winter 2013/14 schedule is released, but perhaps we'll just wait until she's had her makeover. Then we can steal a corner aft from somebody. :p:rolleyes:

I sure hope you find a resolution on this! RC broke it, they need to fix it!!!

I also feel bad for the ones who don't even know their cabins have changed, then a huge boat load of complaints will hit the fan!! :eek:

RC needs to just fix all of them now before it gets any worse, period!!

Good luck, keep us posted on your emails and any responses you get.

I would be livid..

i have not finished reading this thread...so forgive me if it was mentioned...

BUT RC DOES read those social media sites...and they HATE it when people say bad stuff...i said something once that was not horrible...just a disappointment...and they wound up calling me a couple days later...(they had to go hunt for my contact info too on my C&A/past cruise info as the # the called me on is not associated with that little birdie thing, nor the "head novel;)" site...LOL

worth a shot.....

(incidentally, they've gotten better at social media since that cruise in san juan last year that was ordered to leave the port due to a hurricane i think....the Whale Tail line put Royal to shame with their use of social media to get the word out....)

let us know what happens...

I did post on Twitter twice yesterday...no response yet!! I also contacted and filed a complaint with BBB. Now on to email to CEO! I know this is going no where in the end....but it makes me feel better to do something than the nothing they are doing!

post on the other big site too.....they tend to read that more....though i've gotten replies to innocuous stuff on the birdie.....

I would either demand an upgrade to a room that satisfies you, or demand a refund so you can rebook with another cruiseline that meets your expectations.

If they went for the latter, I'd never cruise with RCI again. And I love these guys.

What about the poster who said this just a few days ago:

"Yes, I too choose my cabin location carefully, and I would be bummed if it was changed without notifying me... but, still... I'm still cruising, so I would just roll with it.

Sometimes, it seems like we all feel completely entitled to get everything EXACTLY the way we want it, EXACTLY when we want it.. ALL THE TIME.

Sometimes, it just doesn't work that way... (cue music to the old favorite: "you can't alway get what you waaant...."

Nobody said anything to her. I guess Royal can change any cabin as long as it is not an aft cabin!

Yup. I expect to get what I pay for 100% of the time. Absolutely.

These people have every right to be upset. I would be livid! I expect that most of these folks are frequent cruisers as newbies don't know about the pleasures of aft facing cabins/balconies. RCI should either offer a full refund and cover their travel expenses. Or RCI should refund 50% of the cost of their cruise. Two hundred OBC is a joke!

Here is email response we got today....WOW...they really could care less...

Customer Service Response 4-14-12

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We sincerely apologize for the disappointment you have experienced due to the refurbishment of the Rhapsody of the Seas. The stateroom changes were completed with the intention of preserving the original location and amenities. Unfortunately, we were not able to accomplish this for all our guests.

It is never in our best interest to lose any of our clients. However, we understand that despite our best efforts we are unable to satisfy all of our guests the way that they would like. We regret that you have decided not to sail with us in the future. We want nothing more than our former clients to be happy even if they are not traveling with us. We will continue to strive for excellence.

Their stance on this totally blows my mind. I don't have skin in the game, but it makes me mad that they treat customers this way. I voiced my opinion to C&A yesterday, but it's clear that they (led by the supervisors) are most concerned about the most recent booking - leaving the original occupant out of luck.

This attitude makes absolutely no sense to me. People who book these aft cabins likely put down money long in advance of the cruise. Why would anyone continue to put down money early if there's no guarantee you won't be bumped from your coveted location?? They've even upset Pinnacle members, and it doesn't matter.

What's worse is that I'm sure several people don't even know this has happened to them. So they are dumping the customer satisfaction issue on the crew. The crew now will have to go even further out of their way to attempt to please the cruisers. Maybe they will revolt! :D

All of you who were booted, keep fighting!!

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!! there has really got to be a legal reason to have done anything so stupid - (like maybe the cabin number rules the contract) -

BUT they DO reserve the right to change things, don't they? - so that cannot be it - and if that WERE it; they should have said so - along with the rest of the ungiven apology which Critterchick composed for them. It is NOT just the "few" affected - (not "few" anyway, since it's not over) - but I am so disappointed in them and have lost so much faith and trust - and I'm NOT affected directly. I can't be the only one who feels this way -

I would be so furious if this happened to me and I cannot believe that they will do nothing about it.

We have alway sailed on Royal but I have not been very happy with all their changes so our cruise this month is on a another cruiseline.

I am going to hang up if the sea ever calls us.

We sincerely apologize for the disappointment you have experienced due to the refurbishment of the Rhapsody of the Seas. The stateroom changes were completed with the intention of preserving the original location and amenities. Unfortunately, we were not able to accomplish this for all our guests.

It seems like they do not realize how they have impacted you. They state that they intended to preserve the original location, but couldn't do it for some guests. Were the corner afts on Deck 8 the ones that were renumbered? Seems like someone didn't think there was a difference between corner afts and center afts.

Someone higher up needs to understand the issue. Their apathy bothers me.

It is never in our best interest to lose any of our clients. However, we understand that despite our best efforts we are unable to satisfy all of our guests the way that they would like. We regret that you have decided not to sail with us in the future. We want nothing more than our former clients to be happy even if they are not traveling with us. We will continue to strive for excellence.

This is Royal's new attitude. It stinks but I guess Adam G feels that every customer can be replaced. Actually I think that's what they're aiming for. They may get their wish. We have decided to try Celebrity. Even though they are all the same company, I am not happy with the attitude of the senior management of RCI. I love the ships and crew but the rest of the company leaves a lot to be desired.

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response."

I have sent multiple emails to RCI asking about things and EVERY email I get back starts with that statement. It is just a sign that they don't care one iota about you!!! :mad::mad::mad:

They are like <a big box store that sells things at a discounted price>.....they don't care that you are upset as there are 10 others walking in the door. As long as someone spends money with them, they don't are about YOU....you are a disposable comodity.

It is a terrible sign of the times. No one cares about customer service...it's the almighty dollar that rules!

This is Royal's new attitude. It stinks but I guess Adam G feels that every customer can be replaced. Actually I think that's what they're aiming for. They may get their wish. We have decided to try Celebrity. Even though they are all the same company, I am not happy with the attitude of the senior management of RCI. I love the ships and crew but the rest of the company leaves a lot to be desired.

Royal Caribbean's upper management has sucked since Mr G took the office. Why would they want Pinnacle Club members, that don't spend that much money on cruising.......outside of the cost of a cabin, when a first timer will spend almost as much on all of the extras, as the cost of the cruise. I know quite a few Pinnacle Club members, and not one that I can think of has much good to say about the existing CEO.

We keep coming back because of the crew. If they ever changed thier attitude, from making us always feel "at home" we would be looking to spend our money with another line.

Rick

Royal Caribbean's upper management has sucked since Mr G took the office. Why would they want Pinnacle Club members, that don't spend that much money on cruising.......outside of the cost of a cabin, when a first timer will spend almost as much on all of the extras, as the cost of the cruise. I know quite a few Pinnacle Club members, and not one that I can think of has much good to say about the existing CEO.

We keep coming back because of the crew. If they ever changed thier attitude, from making us always feel "at home" we would be looking to spend our money with another line.

Rick

It's really sad how things have changed over the last few years. When we first started cruising on RCI eight years ago, it was a different company. We came back from the Jewel on Monday and while we had a nice time, it did not leave us feeling good at all about the money that we spent for the cabin. Too many issues that should have been handled before we even boarded the ship. It made us feel even better about trying Celebrity. We will still cruise with RCI but it won't be the first choice anymore.

Archived