Genie Bras....

sail7seas

If you have seen them advertised and thought they might work for you for getting through security at airport and/or ease comfort during active port excursions, they are available at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $19.99. The package contains one nude and one black.

I have been wearing a spanx bra of that sort for years whenever I fly as they have no underwire and no hooks at back to 'beep'. I once had a hard time in an airport because of my underwire bra and I don't want to have to deal with that again so these Genie bras are perfect.

The only other places I have seen them offered, you have to buy six of them. The are offered as two white, two nude and two black. I don't want that many and don't want any white ones and don't want to pay $60 plus shipping. :eek:

Just thought I'd mention it in case it interests someone else.

I fly almost every week, always wear an underwire bra and have NEVER had it set off a metal detector.

You're lucky.

Because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others, of course.

I had an unpleasant experience because of my underwire and now will never again wear one when flying.

Tried them once...took the box back and got a refund. I would prefer

to wear nothing as opposed to wearing them;).....worst bra I have

ever tried:eek:.....

I've never had a problem with underwire, nor have I ever seen anyone else have a problem. I wonder if there are different kinds of "wire" that might account for your having difficulty, and many of us just don't happen to have that type? :D

If you have seen them advertised and thought they might work for you for getting through security at airport and/or ease comfort during active port excursions, they are available at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $19.99. The package contains one nude and one black.

I have been wearing a spanx bra of that sort for years whenever I fly as they have no underwire and no hooks at back to 'beep'. I once had a hard time in an airport because of my underwire bra and I don't want to have to deal with that again so these Genie bras are perfect.

The only other places I have seen them offered, you have to buy six of them. The are offered as two white, two nude and two black. I don't want that many and don't want any white ones and don't want to pay $60 plus shipping. :eek:

Just thought I'd mention it in case it interests someone else.

As you seen on TV stuff do work, They do exactly what they claim no more no less. I seen them they look kind of ugly. I wear under wire bras all the time ever had a problem. Now wearing silver hoop earrings through metal detector through Heathrow in UK then yes:D (true story)

Machines can be set to different sensitivities. And a preponderance of metal can be an issue. I personally have never had an issue with an underwire bra (I wear them every day, including during plane travel) but I also remove all my jewelry before going through security. So typically the only metal on my body will be in my bra. Occasionally a zipper, depending on what I'm wearing.

I can understand if you had an issue, you don't want to deal with it again. But for many of us, no issue....

As a well-endowed woman, I might as well go braless - that Genie bra won't do anything to help support me or my girls:p

Machines can be set to different sensitivities. And a preponderance of metal can be an issue. I personally have never had an issue with an underwire bra (I wear them every day, including during plane travel) but I also remove all my jewelry before going through security. So typically the only metal on my body will be in my bra. Occasionally a zipper, depending on what I'm wearing.

I can understand if you had an issue, you don't want to deal with it again. But for many of us, no issue....

As a well-endowed woman, I might as well go braless - that Genie bra won't do anything to help support me or my girls:p

That is exactly how I felt when I tried one on too!

Someone mentioned sleeping in them? No thanks on that one

too......no matter what brand or style, I never wear one to

sleep.

I LOVE the genie bras. They are the most comfortable bra I've ever worn....I can not STAND underwires.

BUT....I can see women not liking them if they need a very supportive bra.

I am a 34B.....they are perfect for me. They do not give me a "uni-boob".

And you have to make sure you don't get them too small. I ordered a large....which is 1 size bigger than the chart said I needed...and it's perfect......any smaller and they would not have been comfortable.

They aren't that pretty or sexy....but I don't need either of those things when going to work all day !

I've noticed a few people mention that underwire bras dig into them... if they are doing that then they probably aren't wearing the right size (either cup or band size). A properly fitted underwire bra will sit flush.

Wacoal bras........

Like most here, I wouldn't have any idea what sort of wire is used.

I wear Wacoal (very expensive bras) but THEY have never given me a problem in the airport. What has though, is a cheap bra I bought at Walmart just because that was the only store nearby on a trip to Orlando and I had somehow forgotten to pack any, so I needed to buy another. That bra set off the alarms..but the TSA agent female, said it's your underwire..& just used a wand..and the backs of her hands..no problem.

I've also heard that those Genie bras run very very small as I am quite large on top..don't think they'd work for me.

Machines can be set to different sensitivities. And a preponderance of metal can be an issue.

This is soooo true..I once walked through a metal detector in Phoenix, AZ and had NO metal ..BUT I did have a roll of life savers in my pocket..the foil wrapper on that roll set off the alarm!!!!

I saw these at Target just a couple of days ago. I definitely need the support of an underwire so they're not an option for me, which is a shame since they do look mighty comfortable.

I saw these at Target just a couple of days ago. I definitely need the support of an underwire so they're not an option for me, which is a shame since they do look mighty comfortable.

Looks can be deceiving...........

Archived