excursions in Tortola

My fiance' and I are traveling in Nov. on Carnival. One of our ports is Tortola. He will be diving the Rhone wreck and I will be wondering what I will be doing. Originally my sister and her husband were going with us, then plans changed. Has anyone ever done the sightseeing and Cane Bay excursion? It sounds nice, but there were no reviews on it. We already have a snorkle adventure planed in Antigua. Thanks for any info.

If you go to the PORTS OF CALL forum & look under the Caribbean port there is info there

We just took the jitney ride around the island right from the dock $20 USD pp

This was not through Carnival but I'll be there's something similar.

I did an Eco hike and Cane Garden Bay.

Then spent the afternoon sitting at Pusser's drinking Painkillers. Stumbled back to the ship.

Looking back, I should have just spent the day at Pussers drinking Painkillers :D

You could also check out your roll call and see if anyone is putting together a trip with a private operator. These trips are often cheaper, you meet new people, and I've actually made new friends this way.

Whatever you do, have fun - Tortola is beautiful!

We went with Patouche Charters from Tortola to the Baths in Virgin Gorda. It's a catamaran and they motor over to the Baths, have you snorkel in, then you sail back. It was a lovely day and some of the best snorkeling I have ever done.

The baths at Virgin Gorda are the best!

As a woman, I always book the ship's tours when DH is not going with me, especially for a water based excursion b/c I'd like somebody to notice if I was drowning. :o I have also teamed up with folks from my Roll Call thread for safety reasons.

Get certified and go diving!

you can do PADI e-learning in about 6 hours total

then a qick weekend to the Keys and do all your pool and open water dives in two days

dd just did her wet work during spring break from col' -

the family that dives together . . .

http://www.seadwellers.com/scubainstruction.htm

{these folks run a 6 dive package but only 4 are required for open water certification}

Archived