Navigator balcony question

We are thinking of booking a very last minute cruise (leaves in 6 days). We want a balcony and can get one for a great price if we leave the room choice to Royal Carb. How bad can it be? Has anyone had a dreadful balcony room? Are there lots of really obstructed view rooms that might drive us nuts? Help!:eek:

We are thinking of booking a very last minute cruise (leaves in 6 days). We want a balcony and can get one for a great price if we leave the room choice to Royal Carb. How bad can it be? Has anyone had a dreadful balcony room? Are there lots of really obstructed view rooms that might drive us nuts? Help!:eek:

IMHO: NO! There are no seriously obstructed balconies on any Voyager class ship. Good luck. (you could get a really great supprise) Enjoy :)

Okay you are all very convincing! Thank you so much. Now to figure out how we get from the airport to the port and possibly find something in between to fill a few hours. Oh such hard work! :D

Definitely go for it. We did a balcony guarantee last December on Explorer and got a deck six cabin midship. I suppose the deck six balconies are the least desirable, but it was still a great experience! Don't even hesitate!

I was booked in an OV on deck 2. When prices dropped, and balconies were cheaper than my cabin, I called my TA to put me up for a balcony guarantee. Two days later I got 8314, a balcony right on the hump. Couldn't be happier.

There are no bad balconies on Navigator so I'd say to go for it!!!

I'm my opinion, the worst balconies, are the ones deck 6,I think it is right above the lifeboats. They aren't bad, just limit your vision in port when you want to watch the rush to the pier at the last second game.

I'm my opinion, the worst balconies, are the ones deck 6,I think it is right above the lifeboats. They aren't bad, just limit your vision in port when you want to watch the rush to the pier at the last second game.

We were on deck 6 on Mariner (sister ship) and the lifeboats were not visible at all. They were entirely tucked underneath.

In fact, we loved our deck 6 balcony best of all, because of the proximity to the promenade and evening venues.

We were on deck 6 on Mariner (sister ship) and the lifeboats were not visible at all. They were entirely tucked underneath.

In fact, we loved our deck 6 balcony best of all, because of the proximity to the promenade and evening venues.

I had to look at my pictures your right, was I thinking of Majesty deck 9

WE BOOKED IT!!!! For an extra $50 we were able to book Superior Balcony room #8518. So excited! To pdbcruisers - I thought that meet and mingles were a thing of the past! We will be there.

We have sailed the Navigator 14 times. Both in the Carribean and out of Rome. The ship is great, you will love it. You might check with RC and see which balconies have space. There are two balcony classes. One is about 180 sq ft, the other about 198 sq ft.

At this point, since every one is paid, you might check on what availability for each type.

If the smaller cabin is sold out, then you have a great chance for the larger. If both are sold out you might have a shot at a jr. suite. Sounds crazy, but they do it. We have been upgraded twice by booking a guarantee knowing all the cabins had been sold out. They still took the booking.

Your big cost will be the damn transfers at $91 each way pp. I charted a bus for 350 E. But I had time to fill it up. You might go on the cruise critic site and see if you can hook up with others. You can also take a train, but you will have a bit of a walk at the port.

Worst case, as far as cabin location is concerned, is you may be placed far foward or aft. There is no bad cabin.

Good luck and have fun.

We have sailed the Navigator 14 times. Both in the Carribean and out of Rome. The ship is great, you will love it. You might check with RC and see which balconies have space. There are two balcony classes. One is about 180 sq ft, the other about 198 sq ft.

At this point, since every one is paid, you might check on what availability for each type.

If the smaller cabin is sold out, then you have a great chance for the larger. If both are sold out you might have a shot at a jr. suite. Sounds crazy, but they do it. We have been upgraded twice by booking a guarantee knowing all the cabins had been sold out. They still took the booking.

Your big cost will be the damn transfers at $91 each way pp. I charted a bus for 350 E. But I had time to fill it up. You might go on the cruise critic site and see if you can hook up with others. You can also take a train, but you will have a bit of a walk at the port.

Worst case, as far as cabin location is concerned, is you may be placed far foward or aft. There is no bad cabin.

Good luck and have fun.

OP posted they paid a little extra and got a D1.

OP posted they paid a little extra and got a D1.

I didn't read all the posts, just tried to answer the original question. The extra 100 got them an

extra 20sq ft. Well worth it in my opinion.

Archived