Royal Kicked Us Off!!!

Long delightful day in the Suburban with the 5 gals & DH -- we do have a wonderful condo in Daytona -- asked the girls if they wanted to drive down to Port C to watch the ship sail away today and that brought out some "interesting" comments from the gals!!

Will be back to let you all know any updates to this crazy saga....Thanks for everyone's kind and generous support of my plight.

Bonnie I can't agree more. although I have not followed this thread regularly, our Employers believed that by their employees being trained well on their job and knowing how to greet the public, reflected back on their business as a whole. If a client has a bad experience with a receptionist, it hurts the business and those who own it. In what I just read, I can't believe that by calling some passengers and asking if they wouldn't move to differant rooms to accomodate the OP's family, couldn't have been done. We have a JS on our March 19, 2014 Aust cruise and wonder if we might be asked to move if a larger family is needed to be accomodated. If we are asked, we would move as long as we aren't put to far from our daughter who has the connecting room. A free dinner at Chops would be a nice compensation.:)

We have a JS on our March 19, 2014 Aust cruise and wonder if we might be asked to move if a larger family is needed to be accomodated. If we are asked, we would move as long as we aren't put to far from our daughter who has the connecting room. A free dinner at Chops would be a nice compensation.:)

You would move from a connecting room for a free dinner at Chops? That's amazing. I wouldn't.

marci, I only meant, that since my DH & I are in a JS now for our March 19 2014 NZ cruise, and if a family needed the extra room, we would consider moving. Our daughter has the connecting D-1 presently. We would need to be offered something worth while to make such a change.

We are also on the April 10th Syd to Honolulu cruise 9 days later ( Rm 1042 ) and noticed on the RCL web, room 1044, which is next door, became available, so called our TA who switched us from 1042 to 1044 and now have the same room for both sailings. Our daughter will join us in the JS on the 2nd sailing.

So far I have confirmed that ONLY "cruise taxes" have been refunded to the credit card -- which is just over $400 -- AND nearly $2100 more is due from RC....

I hope you get in touch with the executive office ASAP! 888-767-4644

That is the kind of refund you get when you do not have insurance.they only refund that much.......if they were gonna refund you the whole thing,you would had gotten it all..

That is the kind of refund you get when you do not have insurance.they only refund that much.......if they were gonna refund you the whole thing,you would had gotten it all..

RCI could always say that it was the fault of the OP for not making sure all of the supplied information was correct and then invoke the infamous cruise contract and say they owe the OP nothing other than the port fees and taxes!:eek:

So far I have confirmed that ONLY "cruise taxes" have been refunded to the credit card -- which is just over $400 -- AND nearly $2100 more is due from RC....

Cruisin Kay- I've been following this thread but have refrained from commenting so far. I've always wanted to focus on the positive aspects of cruising instead of the negative...But, that $400 refund is downright scary- I do hope the rest is coming soon.

I am so disturbed at many of the customer service issues with RCI lately and yours is a doozy. I am just shaking my head in amazement that cruiselines can treat their loyal customers with such disregard and use the cruise contracts we all must agree to in order to sail to get away with it.

I have had two wonderful, problem-free cruises with RCI, but I have absolutely no confidence in their customer service any more. I truly hope that a complete shake-up takes place soon from the top down. Unless they change their attitude and policies, I believe they risk losing many more loyal and potential new customers.

You have been a great sport in this whole fiasco and I wish you and your grandchildren a wonderful trip. You certainly deserve it!

RCI could always say that it was the fault of the OP for not making sure all of the supplied information was correct and then invoke the infamous cruise contract and say they owe the OP nothing other than the port fees and taxes!:eek:

That really seems unfair! What a mess.

I agree that it sounds like a taxes & fees refund....that's what they did when my mom & friend cancelled last minute. (A tree fell on her house, and cut it in half) We are still waiting on the insurance refund for the baslance.

Best wishes Kay. I would be really angry/annoyed about the way the whole situation has been handled.

Expect your refund to be handled with the same professionalism and courtesy as your booking was handled.:eek:

You would think that RCI, [WHICH IS SUPPOSEDLY MONITORING THIS THREAD ...... HELLO IS ANYBODY HOME?], would have seen that a total refund would have been done by now.

Bonnie I can't agree more. although I have not followed this thread regularly, our Employers believed that by their employees being trained well on their job and knowing how to greet the public, reflected back on their business as a whole. If a client has a bad experience with a receptionist, it hurts the business and those who own it. In what I just read, I can't believe that by calling some passengers and asking if they wouldn't move to differant rooms to accomodate the OP's family, couldn't have been done. We have a JS on our March 19, 2014 Aust cruise and wonder if we might be asked to move if a larger family is needed to be accomodated. If we are asked, we would move as long as we aren't put to far from our daughter who has the connecting room. A free dinner at Chops would be a nice compensation.:)

Just off topic for a bit. I just love the itineraries for your upcoming cruises. So exotic. Enjoy every moment.

Now, back on topic. Is the onus on the OP to catch the mistake that the agent made booking the cruise? I would hope not.

Kay, you sound like you're all (I keep forgetting the y'all. lol.. can't take the New York out of the gal) having the best time. Keep enjoying. I just hope RCI comes thru refunding the entire amount and perhaps a little something extra.............

Bonnie, thank you, this is a trip of a lifetime for us and wanted to include our daughter on this one, as she travels the states and into Canada bringing her semi full of Australian animals and speaking about their habitat etc along with having her animals on display with photo shots with the babies.:)

Gay

Wow. What a story! So sorry to hear that this happened. Major communication breakdown there!

I am a little confused about something. What RCL policy is there that states an adult ove the age of 18 needs to have a 21 yo in the same cabin? If there is a minor in a cabin you need to have an over 21 but if an adult, I don't get it.

OK...Now I am scared. One thing I know from Kathy's posts is when it comes to Royal Caribbean's billing policies, she is the Queen (that and bookings, etc...). If she says this that I would take the advice and call the # ASAP.

In the meantime, I'll be checking my upcoming reservation about 1000X to make sure no issues. It's my 13th cruise, I feel doomed to have a major catastrophe and this one is with the family vs. just the two of us! :(

......if they were gonna refund you the whole thing,you would had gotten it all..

I do not believe this is always the case, especially as OP was already told it would not come in one payment. However, I really posted just to tell OP what a good sport he has been about all this.

Sorry that this happened OP but it was human error. Hopefully this will all work out for you.

johneeo,

After reading all your comments in this thread I hope you're sitting alone on your next cruise cause you're gonna' be a real treat if anything Royal is mentioned in conversation. I know you have all the answers when it comes to customer service so I won't argue you're "I would have done whatever it took to make it happen." Is that taught in customer service school? :rolleyes:

Have a great cruise.

Human error is inevitable but it is how companies respond to that error that is the issue. In this case, RCL didn't contact the person to advise them of the issue and it was pure luck she called when she did. And with RCL having made the decision to cancel the cruise they have been very slow to refund. Says a lot when things go pear shaped, doesn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry that this happened OP but it was human error. Hopefully this will all work out for you.

johneeo,

After reading all your comments in this thread I hope you're sitting alone on your next cruise cause you're gonna' be a real treat if anything Royal is mentioned in conversation.

Geez SPDBig,

How short sighted of you.

I am a "real treat" no matter what is mentioned in conversations.:rolleyes:

They may be reviewing the whole story as I'm sure no one over there wants to take the blame.

Since OP booked 6 weeks ago, she was after final and all the money was due on the date of booking. If she booked online, I can see an argument from Royal (it would have been her own data entry mistake), but as she booked by phone, the rep she was talking to was responsible for entering the data correctly and making sure everything was in order.

They should really be refunding all her money as their own reps should know policy and be able to quote it/apply it on the spot (obviously that is not the case, but that is another story!)

ps and actually, if she had booked online, the computer would not have let her book those rooms. I have tried to book online with my children in their own room across the hall or next door and it will not let me do it. The rep should be equally responsible.

And yes, I would still call that number and ask what's up with my refund, but I would stick to the fact that their own employee did not apply policy correctly.

I do not believe this is always the case, especially as OP was already told it would not come in one payment. However, I really posted just to tell OP what a good sport he has been about all this.

Well,granted.the OP may get her refund in more than one payment..........but it seems strange to me they only refunded her the taxes/fees.....

I,personally,would not be waiting around......I would had called another dept higher up than the reservations dept by now............but thats just me.....

I hope it all gets resolved soon......would had been nice to have that full refund(and peace of mind) to help them enjoy their current vacation..

Archived