Retractible Roof on Diamond, Sapphire, Coral and Island

svetas74

I believe the coral and island do, with that said, I have never heard of anyone who has actually seen them open it.

Hi everyone,

please tell me which one of the ships has a retractible roof over one of the pools?

Thank you very much,

Lana

Hi everyone,

please tell me which one of the ships has a retractible roof over one of the pools?

Thank you very much,

Lana

All 4 of the ships you list have a pool with a retractable roof.

None of these ships have a retractable roof . Have personally cruised on three of them and haven't seen a retractable roof.

Two pools (Terrace & Neptune) is open to the air all the time

The Calypso is under a glass roof that doesn't open.

Some of the ships have a small lap pool (adults only ?) as well that is open to the air.

None of these ships have a retractable roof . Have personally cruised on three of them and haven't seen a retractable roof.

Some of the ships have a small lap pool (adults only ?) as well that is open to the air.

Sorry, this is not correct - along with the four mentioned ships, Star, Grand and Golden Princesses also have retractable roofs over one of the pools. As for seeing them open, I sailed Island Princess twice when she was doing the Hawaii run and both times the roof was open in the mornings when we were in port. As the temperatures heated up, they closed it.

All four ships have retractable roofs over the Calypso (Sapphire/Diamond) or Lotus pools (Island/Coral)... whether they actually open them or not is another story.

Sorry, this is not correct - along with the four mentioned ships, Star, Grand and Golden Princesses also have retractable roofs over one of the pools. As for seeing them open, I sailed Island Princess twice when she was doing the Hawaii run and both times the roof was open in the mornings when we were in port. As the temperatures heated up, they closed it.

Yup, We have sailed the Diamond and Coral, as well as the Grand, Golden and Star. The basic design of the glass ceiling is the same on all, and all are designed to be open. I cannot honestly recall whether we saw the roof open on our Alaskan cruise on the Diamond (the weather was rather chilly, as you might imagine), but I have definitely seen the roof open on all the other ships I've mentioned, just as bdjam says, typically when in port, often including embarkation day.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I just wanted to make sure there is a pool under the roof... I called princess and asked about diamond and the representative told me they had to take the roof out to accomodate "movies under the stars"

MUTS is at the other, uncovered pool. Good grief, we don't expect the phone reps to have memorized all the ships, but don't they even know how to look at a deck plan?

To be fair, the deck plans don't actually "show" the roof, but you'd think the CSR's would know this basic information. :rolleyes:

I am just starting to research Princess so forgive me if I should know this. Are there open air and closed pools on all ships? We would be interested in being in the sun and taking a Caribbean cruise. I never thought of the fact that a pool would have a cover, thanks for the heads up of this thread.

I am just starting to research Princess so forgive me if I should know this. Are there open air and closed pools on all ships? We would be interested in being in the sun and taking a Caribbean cruise. I never thought of the fact that a pool would have a cover, thanks for the heads up of this thread.

No, there are no pools with a roof on Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

Which is a mistake, as their itineraries include some cooler places during the summer (Northern Europe is one of them)

Archived