Post your favorite sunrise/sunset photos...

• 2 weeks later...

Something incredibly rare for me...sunRISE. I never see sunrise - I'm a sunset guy. But last weekend I had a rare early rise while at Disney World, and I was staying in a Disney resort condo with a direct view east over a lake, so this was the view off my 9th floor balcony of sunrise:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Something incredibly rare for me...sunRISE. I never see sunrise - I'm a sunset guy. But last weekend I had a rare early rise while at Disney World, and I was staying in a Disney resort condo with a direct view east over a lake, so this was the view off my 9th floor balcony of sunrise:

original.jpg

original.jpg

They are great -- we rarely see a sunrise -- either raining, too cloudy or too foggy.

• 2 weeks later...
Where you on a cruise ship taking those pictures?

Me? Yes, the top one was taken in February on the NCL Star, and the bottom one was taken February 2012 on the NCL Spirit. Both taken with my iPhone. :) Just got my Nikon 5200 in May, can't wait to take it on the NCL Sun in four months!! I've had a lot to learn since my Canon AE1P days...

...and if we're including non-cruise sunrise/sets, this is my all-time favorite. Taken (again, with an iPhone) on the lake where I live, using absolutely zero touchup, no color enhancing, no nothing. This was one of those sunsets where you call your neighbors out to look, it was amazing. Photo didn't do it justice.

lakesunset_zpsc1aa0cfc.jpg