Celebrity Website....Just shoot me now!

Tricia724

I often wonder how much revenue they lose b/c of their website issues.

Booking excursions and dining are frustrating & tedious chores..keep trying!

In addition, the countdown number on "MY Celeb" page seems not to agree with what the standard countdown clocks show--maybe Celeb is in a diff time zone or the twilight zone of computing!

Celebrity's website works smoother than at the begiinning of the year when we booked our next cruise, but still has long ways to go. Even the colors are drab and the maps are difficult to read. We started cruising with Princess and were accustomed to a farh better website. Celebrity IT and Senior Management should be embarassed. And what is with the iinability to download a Shore Excursion brochure?:confused:
The map from one of my bookings.

sm_missing_map_233x193.gif

Here's one

v=113&src=app&x=5&y=3&z=3&s=Ga&token=38999

when they first went to the new but not improved website-- I commented that it was blue on blue--not very easy to read--they have done a bit of improving the contrasts but still mostly the same..

the lack of defined boxes on the drop down menus is really annoying...never sure where to click or type things in--have to hunt for the space...

wonder if a new CEO might be more tech oriented & get this up to speed--seems the departing CEO was focused more on food & entertainement

Thanks Andy.......maybe one of these days they will fix it.:eek::confused::(

I think X will fix their web site problems any week now... The week with two Thursdays and no Monday in it....!

They apperantly have someone without a name that on a regular(?) base go in on this board and assure us that they are working to fix their problems. Maybe they think THATS the way of fixing problems... I have seen this mr/ms Unknown here for 6 or 7 months now, but no fixing.

I think X will fix their web site problems any week now... The week with two Thursdays and no Monday in it....!

They apperantly have someone without a name that on a regular(?) base go in on this board and assure us that they are working to fix their problems. Maybe they think THATS the way of fixing problems... I have seen this mr/ms Unknown here for 6 or 7 months now, but no fixing.

Yup, no fixing. All talk and no action. Frankly, my dear, I don't think they give a damn.

Yes, I know there is the screen name of someone from Celebrity

who posts on and off here and I agree it has not been fixed......

was just venting:eek:....I think Linda said it right....looks like they

don't care at all:rolleyes:

So far I'm not too impressed with Celebrity systems. I booked on Saturday with a teachers discount.

They took the reservation but told me they couldn't show the discount. "A different department takes care of that" I was told.

"You will eventually get a corrected invoice". Hmm. OK I guess.

Then I created a user ID on the Celebrity site. It was accepted but can't sign in.

The booking is actually in but I can't progress very far because we haven't made Air arrangements yet.

None of this is a big deal and I'm sure all will work out but it is a little frustrating.

My inability to check for a particular available cabin is my SINGLE BIGGEST GRIPE about the web site. And I do know I can check other sites, but my favorite has not yet updated it's Summit deck plans. It worked at one time, so why not now? I just do not understand how this is part of their improvements. Please fix this, Celebrity. I love your product, but you do truly frustrate me at times. Vent over, for now.

Anne

Yes awful! I have had to make more than 30 calls for the 6 cabins I have booked. Info entered on the res screen on internet is not transferring to the correct fields in the ustomer service system. You have o go to online checking. On 1 out of 6 resas I am not able to view the payments. My friend has several diferent cruises and it is taking companion names from one res and putting hem on other resas. When I booked a promo with an airfare credit that in was not being carried over to Choice Air. CS telling me wait listed dining is confirmed but website still shows wait list. Website telling me updates are saved but when you go back in they re not. After booking air the system auto assigned our cabin (we had booked balcony guarantee and not a specific cabin number) - the system then doubled the price of our trip and CS had the gall to tell me it was because I had chosen a higher priced cabin number. It as been extremely frustrating

It's becoming a bit of an embarrassment isn't it. Called today because for months when I log into my account the site tells me to call to fix the issues. The rep was pleasant enough but she couldn't do a thing about the problem as it is a website mess up and they hope to have it resolved this week. I'm not holding my breath. It's time to scrap the whole thing and use Royal's system. It is the same company after all.

Logged onto the website post cruise to see if there was a way to view my sea pass itemized charges...

I swear I could hear an Indian programmer consultant in Madras calling his colleagues over and pointing to my request, saying 'Hahaha! Goodness Gracious! He wants what???' :D

Heard from a trustworthy source:

The whole IT department; programmers, their bosses, and other loose people are doing an experiment. They want to know exactly how far they can drive us. (actually I think that high bosses at X also are interested to know). They have created a point system!

They are now setting new records; for example: 4 041 009 guests have (to this day) been calling X at least 3 times each to get web site problems solved (1 point for each call). NB if problems are solved with one call it's minus points.

If they eventually HAVE to solve a problem they get 1 point for everything else that stops functioning. Have heard roumors that they get extra points for the level of the problem. A basic funktion problem - more points! Like beeing able to fill in your telephone number for example; I think that a non functional here is as high as 4 points, not sure - it can also be just 2...

They also get points for each time they promise that they are looking at the problem. And of course extras when we believe them....

If I get more information from my inside source I will inform you...

Oh, by the way... when they reach the - yet - unknown max point, where all frustrated CC members revolts, the whole IT department are leaving for a very looooong holiday on a very warm place. If someone will be mssing them? Not sure really....

Logged onto the website post cruise to see if there was a way to view my sea pass itemized charges...

I've been following Celebrity from their very early days. That I know of, this feature has never existed on their website. It's a good idea, but I would think it would be a huge undertaking.

However, with all the issues on their website, I'd sure hope they deal with current problems, before they take on ANY new projects.

I'd look for your idea in 2023.... at the earliest :)

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I've tried using the "Live Chat" feature on Celebrity's website, I've never had any success. All I ever get is the message "Loading chat session. Please wait..." and I'm still waiting. It's not like "live chat" is a new technology - I use it with my bank and other businesses and it works fine - it helps me get prompt answers for questions. If the feature doesn't work on the Celebrity website, they should just remove it. Also if you send in questions by email, don't count on getting a prompt response (if you get any response at all.) Thank goodness they provide a cruise experience that far exceeds the quality of their website.

LJ,

Your experience with the "Live Chat" is not unique. The problem doesn't actually happen when you click to chat, but when someone comes on! If you think talking with someone on the phone is bad, try talking with someone on the live chat!!!:mad::mad::mad:

As someone in the IT field, this is not rocket surgery! The fixes we all want are VERY simple and could easily be fixed. Problems like this are fixed by students taking programming classes!

Celebrity - if you are reading this - QUIT with the offshoring - everyone hates it. The amont of money that you save by hiring non-Americans is offset by the bad publicity and ill will from your cruisers.

*I* will fix your problems (or more than likely my DOG could fix most of this!!).....just call me!

Yes awful! I have had to make more than 30 calls for the 6 cabins I have booked. Info entered on the res screen on internet is not transferring to the correct fields in the ustomer service system. You have o go to online checking. On 1 out of 6 resas I am not able to view the payments. My friend has several diferent cruises and it is taking companion names from one res and putting hem on other resas. When I booked a promo with an airfare credit that in was not being carried over to Choice Air. CS telling me wait listed dining is confirmed but website still shows wait list. Website telling me updates are saved but when you go back in they re not. After booking air the system auto assigned our cabin (we had booked balcony guarantee and not a specific cabin number) - the system then doubled the price of our trip and CS had the gall to tell me it was because I had chosen a higher priced cabin number. It as been extremely frustrating

A good argument for using a travel agent! Let the TA deal with all this BS.

The incompetence in the IT department seems to have spread to the Captain's Club--witness this interaction (somebody on a cruise having difficulty in registering for a connections party):

Linda, took your advice, and called captain's club this morning. They asked me what a connections party was. When I told them, their reply was "we have nothing to do with that"...I then said ok, but it was a Celebrity web site issue and maybe they could notify someone. I was then told "celebrity does not have an IT department". I then said that explained a lot of the problems their customers and potential customers were having, thanked her for her time, and hung up. Coincidently I can not log on to "my celebrity" this morning. Don't you just love it?

I LOVED his reply to the clueless rep!!!

The incompetence in the IT department seems to have spread to the Captain's Club--witness this interaction (somebody on a cruise having difficulty in registering for a connections party):

Linda, took your advice, and called captain's club this morning. They asked me what a connections party was. When I told them, their reply was "we have nothing to do with that"...I then said ok, but it was a Celebrity web site issue and maybe they could notify someone. I was then told "celebrity does not have an IT department". I then said that explained a lot of the problems their customers and potential customers were having, thanked her for her time, and hung up. Coincidently I can not log on to "my celebrity" this morning. Don't you just love it?

I LOVED his reply to the clueless rep!!!

They have reached the max point! They are now leaving the sinking IT department! The inside source was right!

Again, I am thrilled to be booked on Celebrity and these are small issues BUT

Called Celebrity again after booking last weekend with a teachers rate. Now am told that takes up to 2 weeks to apply discounts.

I can wait but the fact that I booked based on a certain $ amount and nowhere is this amount shown is odd.

Taking things on faith is not something I'm too comfortable with.

Secondly, I can't create a user ID. Well actually I did but can't get in. Customer service couldn't help.

I was transferred to I.T. Spoke to the coldest most unhelpful person I've dealt with in a while.

She was rude and condescending. Not easy to do both at once. Kept referring to "your problems".

Didn't want to tell me everyone (perhaps only new people) are dealing with this.

Kept repeating lots of "No's" and "I have no idea's". Oh well at least they took my reservation money.:rolleyes:

Again, I am thrilled to be booked on Celebrity and these are small issues BUT

Called Celebrity again after booking last weekend with a teachers rate. Now am told that takes up to 2 weeks to apply discounts.

I can wait but the fact that I booked based on a certain $ amount and nowhere is this amount shown is odd.

Taking things on faith is not something I'm too comfortable with.

Secondly, I can't create a user ID. Well actually I did but can't get in. Customer service couldn't help.

I was transferred to I.T. Spoke to the coldest most unhelpful person I've dealt with in a while.

She was rude and condescending. Not easy to do both at once. Kept referring to "your problems".

Didn't want to tell me everyone (perhaps only new people) are dealing with this.

Kept repeating lots of "No's" and "I have no idea's". Oh well at least they took my reservation money.:rolleyes:

FYI I had a Captains Club Private booking offer that was going to be applied in 2 weeks and I guess after about 50 phone calls & 4 months they finally applied it.:eek: Good luck!!

That made me chuckle.

Seriously, a company like Celebrity should be able to grab some IT guy or gal with a bit of experience.

We just got something yesterday from Celebrity that said we needed to reprint our "Express Pass" because the name of the ship was not on it. What???!:confused:

I'm having a hard time printing our express passes...I've tried numerous times and get "page not found" or "website timed out" or some other crappy error. the only time it worked was the one time i wasn't hooked up to a printer and had tried out of curiousity. Hopefully i'll get lucky before we sail in 10 days. If not i'll be filling out forms at the dock.

Archived