Oasis Zipline Question

Hi. I know they would not allow sunglasses, but I can't imagine not allowing safety glasses esp for medical purposes! Perhaps call RCL and see if they know in advance? However, I still say that the helmets that you where has a shield that is lowered over your face - it is clear so you can see through it and there is not much room, it was basically touching my nose. So if they are bulky safety glasses it may not fit? Best of luck.

My son lost an eye a few years ago and wears safety glasses to protect his other eye. Would he be able to wear his safety glasses on the zip line and flow rider if I have a medical note authorizing the necessity.

I would definitely get a note from his doctor and also get in touch with the special needs department so the can put all his information into your reservation.

If they are just safety glasses that are like regular glasses, I think they will say he can't wear them as they might fly off. If they are safety glasses that have a strap as we have a friend whose son wears, I think he will be allowed to wear them.

Hi. I know they would not allow sunglasses, but I can't imagine not allowing safety glasses esp for medical purposes! Perhaps call RCL and see if they know in advance? However, I still say that the helmets that you where has a shield that is lowered over your face - it is clear so you can see through it and there is not much room, it was basically touching my nose. So if they are bulky safety glasses it may not fit? Best of luck.

The zipline takes you over a public area the Boardwalk that has passengers walking around below you. RCI requires you to remove any articles that have any possibility of falling off while you are ziping and landed on a guest enjoying the Boardwalk. I don't think they will over ride a safety issue because of a medical issue.

My son and I both wear prescription eyeglasses. The first time we rode the zipline we had to take them off. Thereafter, we wore sports straps on them and we were allowed to keep them on.

My daughter has the same situation. She lost her left eye to an injury several years ago, and she is supposed to wear polycarbonate lenses to protect her remaining eye, but foolishly, we haven't kept her wearing them in years. She was injured at about age 8 and she's 18 now.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the shield and that was my main concern about something getting in his eye and impairing his vision in his good eye, so it sounds like he won't need them.

This is what the face shield looks like.

ginaline.jpg

Archived