Has the extra furniture arrived on Caribe Deck?

jackieo

I know I am opening a whole new can of worms, but since Princess' announcement that they would be putting a larger table and two ottoman stools onto the Caribe balconies, has anyone seen these?

Sailing on the Caribbean Princess and just hoping we will have a large enough table to have our Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, rather than the small small table which was there when we last sailed!

I carried out the slightly larger table from inside the cabin a number of time only to have the cabin steward take it back inside. ;) It wasn't much larger than the small one provided on the balcony.

btw- The semi reclining chairs are super HARD. Enjoy. :p

I know I am opening a whole new can of worms, but since Princess' announcement that they would be putting a larger table and two ottoman stools onto the Caribe balconies, has anyone seen these?

Thanks for opening the can of worms! I mean that, 'cause we just returned last week from the last Star cruise to Hawaii before its Alaska season. I inquired at the Passengers Service Desk about that awful new furniture and was told the furniture would soon be on all ships and that there was no plan to add or replace anything! This is a shame.

Where can I find the Princess announcement about adding a larger table and footstools? That would help the problem but not solve it. Those chairs are the most uncomfortable things I've ever sat on!

Has The Grand got new furniture on Caribe?? We are sailing on 2nd June. Dont want them piddly little tables!!!:mad:

We were on the Grand (Caribe Deck) for the Transatlantic in April - we can confirm that there were only two very hard and uncomfortable chairs - no footstools and only a small table.

As you can see from the photo this NEW furniture is already showing signs that they are poorly made chairs which could cause injury. :eek:

Also there was no plastic matting which made the deck slippery when wet and when furniture was being moved around it was quite noisy.

SAM_1056b.jpg.94e4c84633d2561be247811a520f7853.jpg

Where can I find the Princess announcement about adding a larger table and footstools? That would help the problem but not solve it. Those chairs are the most uncomfortable things I've ever sat on!

It was made by Princess on March 30th in post 371 of my original thread

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1593096&page=19

"We appreciate your feedback about the furniture on Caribe deck balconies. After hearing your comments, we're pleased to tell you that we've decided to make a change. These balconies will now offer two reclining chairs, two ottomans and a dining table. We're in the process of ordering this new furniture and expect it to roll out over the coming months. We look forward to welcoming you onboard."

It was made by Princess on March 30th in post 371 of my original thread

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1593096&page=19

"We appreciate your feedback about the furniture on Caribe deck balconies. After hearing your comments, we're pleased to tell you that we've decided to make a change. These balconies will now offer two reclining chairs, two ottomans and a dining table. We're in the process of ordering this new furniture and expect it to roll out over the coming months. We look forward to welcoming you onboard."

Thanks for the quote. I think this will help but notice there will still be only two chairs, and I suspect they will be the same as they already have there - uncomfortable ones! The size of the Caribe Deck balconies begs for 4 chairs like they used to have. The footstools and larger table will help but not solve the problem IMO.

I had the super hard chairs on the Star in March and they would discourage anyone from sitting out on their balcony. Concrete would be more comfortable. Whoever ordered them should be forced to replace every chair in their home to experience just how uncomfortable they are. Might have to bring a blow-up cushion every time I book a balcony. Even a pillow didn't make much of a difference after a few minutes. Awful, awful stuff.

Earlier this month on the Island I could see the old 4 chair & table configuration on BA balconies. I could see that the minis had the new furniture (2 chairs, 2 ottomans, 1 table) but others had the old furniture. Having warm weather for most of our Canal cruise we wanted to spend a lot of time on our BB Aloha deck balcony. I found that even the old-style furniture was uncomfortable after a while so dread having to experience the new furniture in the future. Maybe it's Princess' way of getting us out of our cabins to spend money around the ship? :rolleyes: I see nicer balcony furniture on other cruise lines ships including loungers & eventually it may affect Princess' balcony sales. Some of the benefits of a balcony are lost having to sit on pool towels and put our feet on small tables while seated on a non-reclining chair. :(

We had a Caribe balcony on the Star in April. As Pam stated the furniture is simply awful. I see no reason to pay for a bigger balcony when you have two uncomfortable chairs and a tiny table. Even the footstools and slightly larger table is not going to make much difference. I really don't know what Princess was thinking!

Cheers, Denise

We had a Caribe balcony on the Star in April. As Pam stated the furniture is simply awful. I see no reason to pay for a bigger balcony when you have two uncomfortable chairs and a tiny table. Even the footstools and slightly larger table is not going to make much difference. I really don't know what Princess was thinking!
Someone obviously wasn't thinking and still hasn't gotten the message. Unless better and more comfortable chairs are on balconies, the only people booking them will be those who don't know any better. And, it'll drive people to book with other cruise lines. Next thing you know, people will carry their own lounge chairs on the ship or pack chair pads. That's kind of stupid.

We were on the Grand (Caribe Deck) for the Transatlantic in April - we can confirm that there were only two very hard and uncomfortable chairs - no footstools and only a small table.

As you can see from the photo this NEW furniture is already showing signs that they are poorly made chairs which could cause injury. :eek:

Also there was no plastic matting which made the deck slippery when wet and when furniture was being moved around it was quite noisy.

We were also on the Crown Caribe deck & did have the blue mat. It sounds like they only took out some of them.

Do they expect 2 people to eat on that one small table? If so do you take turns eating?

The table we had in April barely fit a bottle of champagne and two glasses. There was no way you could eat at the table.

Cheers, Denise

Those reclining chairs are awfully hard & cheaply made. About the 3rd day of our cruise, when DH sat down the right side gave way and you could see it was previously repaired/soddered in the same exact spot!

Attention Princess - YOU did not get your money's worth for these chairs!:mad:

The table we had in April barely fit a bottle of champagne and two glasses. There was no way you could eat at the table.

Cheers, Denise

I heard that if you ordered the Ultimate Breakfast or the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, they would bring a larger table. So it appears that they are trying to discourage ordering a full meal from room service. Looks like if you PAY for a meal on your balcony, you get a decent table otherwise you are out of luck. I have not been one for piling on Princess about the so called "nickel and diming" that seems to be taking place, but I think this is one even I can't ignore. We will be on the Golden in late October for two weeks round trip to Hawaii. We will have 3 mini-suites (not connecting) on Emerald deck between our family members (five adults total) and it seems like we will not be able to get together on any of our balconies to enjoy drinks and appetizers. Very sad. We are all Elite or Platinum but seems like it might be time to start checking out other cruise lines - sorry Mr. Buckelew.

Those reclining chairs are awfully hard & cheaply made. About the 3rd day of our cruise, when DH sat down the right side gave way and you could see it was previously repaired/soddered in the same exact spot!

Attention Princess - YOU did not get your money's worth for these chairs!:mad:

Great - that's all we need is for DH with his bad back, to have a chair give way on him.

I heard that if you ordered the Ultimate Breakfast or the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, they would bring a larger table. So it appears that they are trying to discourage ordering a full meal from room service. Looks like if you PAY for a meal on your balcony, you get a decent table otherwise you are out of luck. I have not been one for piling on Princess about the so called "nickel and diming" that seems to be taking place, but I think this is one even I can't ignore. We will be on the Golden in late October for two weeks round trip to Hawaii. We will have 3 mini-suites (not connecting) on Emerald deck between our family members (five adults total) and it seems like we will not be able to get together on any of our balconies to enjoy drinks and appetizers. Very sad. We are all Elite or Platinum but seems like it might be time to start checking out other cruise lines - sorry Mr. Buckelew.

Funny thing is that on the Grand and Emerald you can now order from the dining room menu at dinner time. I'm not sure where you would put the serving trays especially if you order a lot of courses but I suppose you could leave them on the serving cart until you finish each one.

Next thing you know, people will carry their own lounge chairs on the ship or pack chair pads. That's kind of stupid.

Hmmm. Must invent a chair pad that fills with liquid. Can fill it with wine on the way on to the ship, and then fill it with water after wine is consumed, for use as a chair pad. Sounds like there might be a market.;)

Archived