Has the extra furniture arrived on Caribe Deck?

jackieo

I will definitely report back from the Ruby is a few weeks. We have a mini-suite. I am expecting the original furniture to be still in place.

I guess I am just an incurable optimist! :D

I am generally an optimist also until something tells me otherwise & as I previously said I hope that I'm wrong about this one. ;)

Have a great cruise on the Ruby and based on the statement from their promotional letter you may be able to enjoy a new pillow-top mattress. :D

• 3 weeks later...

About the Sapphire....

The ship does NOT have to be in dry-dock to get some new deck furniture.

Apparently, by one posters observation, the change-over is taking place.

That answer from Princess is just another huge lack of ability to address a very real customer issue.

On our Ruby Caribe, we had the halfway decent mid sized table.

I was SO glad.

But, after the horrid food and service on that cruise, (which, other than that was FANTASTIC!!!!) I swore off Princess. And said that the only thing that would get me back on Princess would be their Alaska itineraries.

So, I have been looking at the newly refurbed Sapphire.

I swear, Princess, if you are reading, please take this seriously.

This lack of basic respect for customers and customer service re: beds, balconies, dining, etc... are a huge problem.

If you take away the barely halfway decent table and chairs on Caribe, I WILL be looking at HAL.

I WILL be looking at HAL.

And, like some posters above...

I will also say that you would be losing a Platinum Cruiser, as my husband is platinum after having also sailed with his family.

My wife and I will be on the Grand in mid September, this is our second trip on Princess both on the Grand, and both on Caribe deck. The first trip in 2009 I loved the balcony, and used it every day. If this furniture turns out to be as bad as stated I will not come back to Princess. With only two trips I am not that invested with this company. We sailed once on Celebrity Millenium and enjoyed that ship and balcony, so I am not worried about changing cruise lines. So when I return in October I will post my review on the balcony conditions. Will I stay with Princess or go with someone else.....DA DA DA....stay tuned!

I had the super hard chairs on the Star in March and they would discourage anyone from sitting out on their balcony. Concrete would be more comfortable. Whoever ordered them should be forced to replace every chair in their home to experience just how uncomfortable they are. Might have to bring a blow-up cushion every time I book a balcony. Even a pillow didn't make much of a difference after a few minutes. Awful, awful stuff.

I AGREE....Whoever came up with this brilliant idea should try looking for another job....This is the worst balcony furniture we have ever seen and experienced

Does anyone know about the CB? Or baja deck in general regarding the new furniture? I understand the crappy chairs could arrive at any time, we have a lot of first time cruisers in my group, the rest of us being Platinum members...not entirely sure they will notice any poor quality furniture but us four sure will!

I was all set to book a balcony on the Caribe deck of the Crown or an obstructed balcony on the Royal and then I remembered the thread about the furniture. I decided to book the highest category interior on the Royal. If I get upgraded to the balcony at least I will have natural light and if the funiture is uncomfortable at least I didn't pay the higher price.

I apologize if I have missed reading about it but hopefully there is still the old furniture on Princess Star Dolphin Deck balcony as we have an aft facing cabin and I am hoping they haven't changed it. Sailing out of San Francisco Sept. 26, 2012. Anyone know about the balcony furniture?

My daughter and son and their two spouses are joining us for the Bon Voyage Experience and the itinerary is stating the Star still doesn't arrive till 10 A.M and we are suppose to board at 11:00, going to be interesting.........Any thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance.

Verna

:confused:I was also wondering if Grand Princess, Caribe deck furniture was the old (nicer) stuff or the new (uncomfortable) stuff? We will be sailing on the Grand in Nov. and hope the old (nicer) furniture is still on it or at least Princess has changed back to larger tables by then.

:confused:So what's the furniture on the Grand Princess Caribe deck?

:confused:I was also wondering if Grand Princess, Caribe deck furniture was the old (nicer) stuff or the new (uncomfortable) stuff? We will be sailing on the Grand in Nov. and hope the old (nicer) furniture is still on it or at least Princess has changed back to larger tables by then.

:confused:So what's the furniture on the Grand Princess Caribe deck?

As of March it was the new uncomfortable stuff, just a small table, and remember the Grand is the one without the blue mesh matting.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1593096

From just earlier on this thread....

"Port side on Sapphire Princess had the "new" furniture on Dolphin & Caribe, not on Baja(which is the deck I was on). I sailed May 12th."

I am not sure if the poster just had not noticed the starboard side, or if for some reason, they had only re-done the port side. ???? I would imagine that if the port side was done, the whole ship is changed over by now.

No decent chairs and table on Caribe.

I don't think I see this mentioned anywhere here....

But, looking at the new Royal Princess... in the images of their staterooms... There are the new lame chairs and miniscule table... Loud and Proud.

Princess just does NOT care.

The seem to delight in this kind of thing.

Really....

Some real issues with some of the PTB.

I mean, to actually TAKE away folks decent tables, MID-cruise, from the sailing passengers decks.

Just like the worst beds, worst room service, worst (smallest) cabin size... and every other 'worst' that they seem to hold dear. :confused:

How do we know that Princess has agreed to return the old Caribe balcony furniture or were they just contemplating it? After purchasing new, all-be-it uncomfortable and silly, balcony furniture for the fleet, to not use the furniture after incurring the expense seems unlikely from a management point of view.

Seems like the Caribe balcony decks without the blue mats would be hot on barefeet and dangerously slippery when wet.

Just sayin.

How do we know that Princess has agreed to return the old Caribe balcony furniture or were they just contemplating it? After purchasing new, all-be-it uncomfortable and silly, balcony furniture for the fleet, to not use the furniture after incurring the expense seems unlikely from a management point of view.

Seems like the Caribe balcony decks without the blue mats would be hot on barefeet and dangerously slippery when wet.

Just sayin.

The info given by princess in the earlier thread was that the new furniture would stay and all ships would get it but that the caribee balconies would also get 2 ottomans & the tiny table would be replaced with a sensible size table.

Only 3% of cruisers are on cruise critic so I am not surprised they bother much with opinions here. Even if there were major customer complaints post cruise they are unlikely to throw away 27,000 new chairs no matter how uncomfortable!

I was on Emerald Deck on the Sapphire in May and I can tell you that there was new deck furniture on our mini suite. It was uncomfortable. Maybe ok for a few minutes but we had 4 glacier days and it was uncomfortable.

We had the new furniture in 4 mini-suites on the Coral last week including the larger table, 2 reclining (3 settings I think) chairs and 2 ottomans/footrests. Among the 8 of us none of us had any complaints about comfort and we spent time on the balconies every day. I also liked being able to bring the footrest into the cabin so I could elevate my sore feet (lots of walking in Ketchikan and Juneau :p) while sitting on the sofa.

Just sayin.

It was still the same in February. We were so excited to be assigned a Caribe deck balcony and so disappointed with the uncomfortable furniture that we hardly used it. I wouldn't walk on the blue deck w/o shoes and it looked dirty.

I'm sure that Princess will just wait until the new, cheap stuff falls apart before replacing it with (we hope) more comfortable balcony furniture. That will make paying a significant amount for that type of cabin more attractive.

Sue

I don't think I see this mentioned anywhere here....

But, looking at the new Royal Princess... in the images of their staterooms... There are the new lame chairs and miniscule table... Loud and Proud.

Princess just does NOT care.

The seem to delight in this kind of thing.

Really....

Some real issues with some of the PTB.

I mean, to actually TAKE away folks decent tables, MID-cruise, from the sailing passengers decks.

Just like the worst beds, worst room service, worst (smallest) cabin size... and every other 'worst' that they seem to hold dear. :confused:

Let me see, My experience is so completely different from yours I find it hard to imagine we are talking about the same cruise line.

Our beds have been fine, our room service was excellent, our cabins were fine (all balcony cabins) balcony furniture was also fine, Food was excellent, Customer service has been great, We have been given a free upgrade to a Mini suite for our Grand Med cruise in 2 weeks. I will report on the balcony furniture on the Ruby Princess upon my return.

We must be doing something wrong??:confused::confused:

BTW the "Images of the Royal" are just that. Computer drawings.There are no photos as the ship is not even close to being finished. Perhaps you might consider not jumping to conclusions quite yet.

We had the new furniture in 4 mini-suites on the Coral last week including the larger table, 2 reclining (3 settings I think) chairs and 2 ottomans/footrests. Among the 8 of us none of us had any complaints about comfort and we spent time on the balconies every day. I also liked being able to bring the footrest into the cabin so I could elevate my sore feet (lots of walking in Ketchikan and Juneau :p) while sitting on the sofa.

You didn't say what deck you were on, but the Dolphin deck minis, and I would think all other minis, have had the ottomans and larger table since the conversion. It is the Caribe deck balconies that have the small table and no ottomans, and which Princess has said they would replace/provide. The chairs are the same on both.

Let me see, My experience is so completely different from yours I find it hard to imagine we are talking about the same cruise line.

Our beds have been fine, our room service was excellent, our cabins were fine (all balcony cabins) balcony furniture was also fine, Food was excellent, Customer service has been great, We have been given a free upgrade to a Mini suite for our Grand Med cruise in 2 weeks. I will report on the balcony furniture on the Ruby Princess upon my return.

We must be doing something wrong??:confused::confused:

BTW the "Images of the Royal" are just that. Computer drawings.There are no photos as the ship is not even close to being finished. Perhaps you might consider not jumping to conclusions quite yet.

Most of the complaints here are about the Caribe balconies which you pay a lot more for. I have no other complaints with Princess but when I pay a premium for the larger balcony I want to be able to use it.

You didn't say what deck you were on, but the Dolphin deck minis, and I would think all other minis, have had the ottomans and larger table since the conversion. It is the Caribe deck balconies that have the small table and no ottomans, and which Princess has said they would replace/provide. The chairs are the same on both.

We had 3 minis on Dolphin and one on Caribe. Thanks for letting me clarify that the real point I wanted to make was that not everyone thinks the new chairs are uncomfortable - especially with the ottomans.

Archived