Regent Came Through For Me - Thank You Mr. Conroy!

Folks - Within the past 24 hours, I told some of you about a "potential problem" I thought I might be having with Regent regarding a "partial booking" that I had made on an upcoming Alaska Cruise on Navigator.

I want to let you all know that the situation has now been completely and most-satisfactorily resolved, That Mr. (President) Conroy and his staff stepped in and "fixed' the problem, and that myself, my DW, and my Dad are now confirmed and booked on the 12-night August 22 cruise from Vancouver (up to Alaska) and down to San Francisco. We could not be more pleased and excited!

Regent, along with there staff, has fully met my expectation, and my family are now "happy campers" :)! I couldn't begin to tell you how much we are looking forward to this cruise. We are now in the throes of selecting the shore excursions we want to take! I will be using all the great recommendations that many of you have posted on this site to help guide us in our selection/s.

Thanks for all the kind and personal support/advice I received from "RALLY, TRAVELCAT2, RALLYDAVE, RACHELG, KVISF, and SEAAROUNDUS". I will be mindful of all your good suggestions in my future bookings.

Finally - My personal "Thank-You" to Mr. Conroy and his staff for immediately "fixing" what might have been a less-than-wonderful cruise experience. I doubt that many other cruiselines would have been so understanding and so quick to positively respond to this potential problem and "make things right" in such a positive and speedy manner. I feel certain that there will be many more future Regent Cruises in store for us. Regards to all.

Congratulations!!! Glad it is fixed. Now excursions: Tracy arm fjord is the absolute number one excursion of my life. The sea otter quest is really good. And I recommend taking the seaplane on way and the boat the other at misty fjord if that is an option.

I love it when a plan comes together!:D

I agree with RachelG. Don't miss Tracy Arm (and reserve ASAP) and the Sea Plane. We did this when Mariner was in Alaska, but I assume everything is the same except the ship.

I agree with the already-mentioned exceptional excursions. To those I'd add the helicopter ride over glaciers and glacier landing out from Juneau. Out of this world!

Yes, poss, I forgot to add that one as my sons and their dad did it without me. They really liked it, but if you do it, you need to wear hiking boots that have thick soles. One of my sons just had regular tennis shoes on and his feet about froze.

On the particular glacier tour that we took, we were required to put on certain boots that were provided for us (real clunky and fun), plus a PFD. I had on gloves, my crazy bill cap with the fleece earflaps and other weird stuff, as did my husband. One of the photos atop the glacier became our Christmas card that year. Very cool!

The helicopter glacier tour my sons and husband went on, they didn't do any glacier hiking. They flew around in the helicopter mostly, landed on the glacier and were able to get out and take pictures. But they didn't really hike.

Hey-- great to hear that Regent has once again shown how they are focused on their unusual, diverse, and sometimes confusing problems. We really like that they "RESPOND"---wow! So many other lines do not, or take for granted that the problems will mitigate themselves....or simply disappear. Thanks, Regent!! Been a few years since we've cruised with you but we can't wait for our next Voyager adventure to Arabia in November--- you are doing the right things! Much appreciated!

Archived