good quality boxed wine for cruise

ckr31

Wine in a box is the same that's in a bottle....no difference at all! If you like the bottled version, you'll like the box as well!

I agree. I'm sure some wine experts would disagree, but if you like it, what difference does it make how it is packaged. However, I do love Pinot Grigio and have a hard time finding it in a box.

You're gonna want to check with your cruise line as to what's allowed. Most ships allow you to bring on only one 750 ml bottle per adult. Most boxes are the equivalent of about 4 bottles I think.

Jim

One time when I researched boxed wine online Black Box was highly rated.

While Princess may enforce a 1 bottle limit, in reality in many Princess cruises I've never seen it enforced so you can bring as much wine/champagne as you care to enjoy in your cabin. To have in the MDR there's a $15 corkage fee which covers the expenses to enjoy your wine in the dining room.

I take Black Box on Princess every time! It fits perfectly in the fridge, it's equal to 4 bottles, no opener required, it's the perfect amount for a 7 day cruise. On longer cruises I take two boxes... I prefer white, so I take one Chardonnay and one Sav Blanc. I've had Pinot Grigio and it was fine, I just prefer the others. :)

Black Box is very sturdy and survived a trip to Athens with several change of planes. I put it in my checked bag, inside a jumbo ziplock for extra security.

When we're in Europe, I use the Black Box as a back up and buy local wines while in port.

:DThe boxed wine at Trader Joes is the same as their Charles Shaw Chardonnay and Syrah (at least that is what one of the employees told me). It will not have the CS label. In the Northwest, the boxes are 9.99 and the CS bottles are 2.49. The boxes are equal to 4 bottles.

Wine in a box is the same that's in a bottle....no difference at all! If you like the bottled version, you'll like the box as well!

This is absolutely bad information. If you typically buy young wine and drink it immediately, yes, this is accurate. But wine in a box is not going to age--and the petrochemicals used to make the liner will begin to breakdown into the wine. Drinking plastic is most likely not a good idea from a health perspective.

:DThe boxed wine at Trader Joes is the same as their Charles Shaw Chardonnay and Syrah (at least that is what one of the employees told me). It will not have the CS label. In the Northwest, the boxes are 9.99 and the CS bottles are 2.49. The boxes are equal to 4 bottles.

Yes. :)

;)

Boxed wines are very plentiful here in South Africa. The better ones are

called 'Chateaux Cardboard' and the not so great ones are known as 'Vino Collapso Happy Boxes'. I have to add that this is amongst my friends and not a general rule throughout the country!

;)

called 'Chateaux Cardboard' and the not so great ones are known as 'Vino Collapso Happy Boxes'. I have to add that this is amongst my friends and not a general rule throughout the country!

Hahaha!!! Love the names you've created!:D

;)

Very clever! Love it!

Archived